September 3, 2014 | 1092 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Acacia810

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this product but needed more info on the recall.
I went to the FDA website and found the following:

Enforcement Report for March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011 11-11

RECALLS AND FIELD CORRECTIONS: COSMETICS - CLASS II
____________________________________
PRODUCT
Plus White 5 Minute Bleach Whitening Gel, Original Flavor, Net Wt. 3.0 oz/85 g; UPC 018515276162 ; Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel, Net wt. 3.0 oz/85 g.
Product Item #27616A, UPC 0-18515-27616-0. Recall # F-0521-2011
CODE
Lot #: L008833B
RECALLING FIRM/MANUFACTURER
Recalling Firm: CCA Industries, Inc., E Rutherford, NJ, by letter, telephone and e-mail on January 17, 2011.
Manufacturer: Lornamead Brands, Inc., Tonawanda, NY. Firm initiated recall is ongoing.
REASON
One lot of Plus White 5 Minute Teeth Whitening Gel is being recalled due to a cosmetic defect.
VOLUME OF PRODUCT IN COMMERCE
29, 376 units
DISTRIBUTION
Nationwide

I am not disturbed by the recall and will probably still try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kaydeem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One reviewer called this the "poor person's whitestrips". Well, I must confess that I'm one of those poor persons. At one time, I bought the luxury 5-minute Whitening Kits complete with mouth tray. I use it once a week to start, if it has been a while, once a month after I've achieved the brightness I want.
Pros:
-Inexpensive
-Widely available
-It gives visible results
Cons:
-A little cumbersome, messy
-Makes my sensitive teeth even more sensitive for 24 hours after whitening (but I think ANY peroxide system would do that)
I simply dry-brush my teeth, apply some whitening gel to the tray, put in my mouth for 5-20 minutes (depending on how much whitening I want), rinse, brush, and go. The white it gives you is "organic", not the day-glo blue-white some people get when they over-use harsher whitening systems. AND...my dentist approves of this product. So, give it a whirl and smile, smile, smile!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Plus White is pretty good with minor to moderate staining, but if you're looking for something that will whiten your teeth significantly and quickly, this isn't it. I've tried all three ways to use it (they list them on the back of the tube) and I actually get the best results by mixing some of the gel with my toothpaste twice a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This to me is a poor persons whitestrips. I cannot tolerate this taste on my teeth that gets into my mouth. I feel like its torture to deal with this and have this sit on your teeth and taste it for over 20 min..its just a pain..I prefer whitestrips premium since you cannot taste the chemicals..this is just yuck

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Limey1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I've been reading the reviews and I'm stunned!! I must be doing something wrong. I'm in Canada and it's easily found in my local drug store. Have been using it for AGES, doing it way it says on tube. Nothing at has happened - teeth not whiter at all. I just read one reviewer who goes through the mouth guard, etc. etc. Maybe that's the way to go, but I cannot be bothered with that every night. I bought it because it sounded so easy & convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by LushieLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this. I bought this because I really wasn't wanting to fork over $40-$50 for whitening strips, due to the fact that I'm a student, and have no money... I was really impressed! After about 4 uses, i really started to see something! The only thing that really needs to change is the mouth piece it come with. This stuff makes your mouth foam, and there is no way to spit out the foam if you've the the mouth piece in, because there is no way to open your mouth. I recommend going to walmart and buying basic sports guards and making trays for yourself.

Also, i have sensitive teeth, and the sensitivity wasnt too bad with this. I like to go for 2 days, and skip 1, then do 2 more, and skip one, and so on. This way my teeth get a break, yet they still get whitened very well.

The 1st tube last me a 7 weeks, but the first week, since i didn't know how to use it, i used mayy more than i needed. So, $5 for like, 2 months, HECK YES.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought I had yellow teeth beyond repair. I spent (more like wasted) $50+ on crest vivid whitening strips plus the corresponding mouth wash & tooth paste. I was discouraged when I didn't see the results. I saw a YouTube video about this & followed my usual routine: checked out other reviews on YouTube, googled blog reviews & checked makeup alley reviews. They were all swamped with positive reviews so I decided to give it a try. I was kind of hesitant because recent reviews on makeupalley were saying it was runny & it had to do with the new batch. I figured, it's only $5 what can I lose. So I picked this up & 2 mouth guards at walmart (the ones for football players). I followed Kandee Johnson's tips on how to make my own custom mouth trays & then squirted the product on the trays & spreaded it with w q-tip.
**I think the key note here is the directions say the bleaching effect STARTS after 5 minutes. So if you have pretty stained teeth like myself, i suggest keeping it on for about 20-30 minutes. I experienced no sensitivity like I did with crest but I did experience excessive foaming & spit so keep a little cup & napkin handy. When the time is up I rinse my mouth a few times & gargle the water as I'm rinsing, then I brush my teeth. Sometimes I brush em before but I always brush them after. Then, I enjoy my pearly whites!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The tray is well made and fits in the mouth comfortably. The paste whitens and doesn't cause much irritation. I use it for 20-30 minutes when I'm in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really took teeth whitening seriously because it is expensive, and I had some fear that my teeth enamel would become weak and break down and lead to problems. Well after the hype on Youtube...I really wanted to try this. All I can say is wow! It's cheap. And, it works! I got the 96 cents mouth guards from Walmart and boiled them to fit my bite...I have purchased the kit for 10.99 at Walgreens and 7.96 at Walmart. It's worth every penny at either price!!! I used this twice a day for two weeks from 20 minutes to 45 minutes depending how much time I had on hand. Now I use it 2 to 3 times a week for maintenance. I feel it works better with the pre-rince solution. I also apply the gel with a concealer brush to dry teeth before slipping in the mouth piece. My teeth has never been whiter. Don't spend hundreds of dollars on teeth whitening products. This stuff works!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lovelindsay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had a tube of this for almost 2 years now, and I'm only halfway through it. A little goes a long way! I just recently rediscovered this in my bathroom and have been using it for the last 2 days and WOW! I forgot how well this stuff works! I've been drinking 1-2 iced coffees a day for the last month and my teeth were starting to show it, and after the first use they were visibly whiter.

I like this better than the Crest Whitestrips, as you do not need to leave it on for more than 15 minutes for it to do its job. I don't recommend following the instructions on the package, where you put the gel into the tray and then put the tray in your mouth. That didn't give me any results and using that method, you end up using way more product than you need to. I use a Q-tip and rub the product onto my teeth and then I insert the tray. The Q-tip method really helps to get in between the teeth :)

Amazing product, will purchase again when this tube runs out (which won't be for a very long time!)