Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

4.3

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 407, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Methyl Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Phosphoric Acid.

on 12/30/2011 12:41:00 AM

I thought this product was awesome! I was skeptical at first, and didn't think it'd really work, considering it was only about 5 dollars. I was wrong. I saw results after the 2nd time I used it. Although, I have a few tips. I think saliva is what's causing the foam, and I also think saliva rinsing it off your teeth is the reason why it isn't working for some of you. My teeth were pretty yellow when I started using this. I simply tabbed it on my teeth with a q-tip, and as tedious as this sounds, I held my lips away from my teeth using my fingers, for about 20 minutes. I use this product in bed, usually while watching movies on my laptop, so it isn't such a hassle. I don't recommend using a tray for this product. Also, I dry brush my teeth before using this, and brush my teeth regularly afterwards. It hasn't caused me any sensitivity at all, and it's worked like a charm. Not to mention, you can't really beat a 5 dollar teeth whitener that actually works if you use it the right way. :)

on 12/18/2011 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product for about two weeks, once a day, for about 20 minutes.
I put it on my teeth, with my finger, and then put the tray in my mouth. I didn't really work for me. But my teeth are pretty yellow. I think this product would be perfect for people with already white teeth, but just want them a bit brighter. It's pretty cheap as well. I bought it on ebay for 14 dollars. I have used it about 15 times, and I still have half the tube left.

on 11/21/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

As others have stated, this is good for minor brightening, light staining and for those with patience. Won't get the job done if you want a smile that *blings* within two weeks. I would definitely go with Crest Professional Effects Whitestrips or Rembrandt Deeply White + Peroxide toothpaste if you are looking for wow.

on 11/14/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OK, so i see this stuff has been recalled...nothing dangerous I am assuming but more of what I experienced with the actual product. It definitely separated in the tube. I loved it when I used it in the beginning because it was very thick and easy to keep in place on my teeth. I also loved how fast it worked. Well, as I started to get down the tube it got much more liquidy and no matter how much I shook it, it stayed liquified. It also stopped working as well. I think I was using all the thick bleaching stuff in the beginning. So I guess that is what the recall is all about and I am bummed b/c I threw out the rest of the tube and went off to the pharmacy to get more..only to find that it had been pulled from the shelves! I hope they bring this back soon b/c it really worked quickly for me and was easy to use - with or without mouth trays. I will be sure to shake it well if and when they bring it back.

on 11/6/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think legingbot said it best, it's best for "minor staining"; you aren't going to achive Sarah Michelle Gellar white. It's good for maintaining the natural "pearl" of yor teeth, especially if you are a constant tea drinker like myself.

on 10/27/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I wanted to try this product but needed more info on the recall.
I went to the FDA website and found the following:

Enforcement Report for March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011 11-11

RECALLS AND FIELD CORRECTIONS: COSMETICS - CLASS II
____________________________________
PRODUCT
Plus White 5 Minute Bleach Whitening Gel, Original Flavor, Net Wt. 3.0 oz/85 g; UPC 018515276162 ; Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel, Net wt. 3.0 oz/85 g.
Product Item #27616A, UPC 0-18515-27616-0. Recall # F-0521-2011
CODE
Lot #: L008833B
RECALLING FIRM/MANUFACTURER
Recalling Firm: CCA Industries, Inc., E Rutherford, NJ, by letter, telephone and e-mail on January 17, 2011.
Manufacturer: Lornamead Brands, Inc., Tonawanda, NY. Firm initiated recall is ongoing.
REASON
One lot of Plus White 5 Minute Teeth Whitening Gel is being recalled due to a cosmetic defect.
VOLUME OF PRODUCT IN COMMERCE
29, 376 units
DISTRIBUTION
Nationwide

I am not disturbed by the recall and will probably still try it.

on 10/11/2011 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

One reviewer called this the "poor person's whitestrips". Well, I must confess that I'm one of those poor persons. At one time, I bought the luxury 5-minute Whitening Kits complete with mouth tray. I use it once a week to start, if it has been a while, once a month after I've achieved the brightness I want.
Pros:
-Inexpensive
-Widely available
-It gives visible results
Cons:
-A little cumbersome, messy
-Makes my sensitive teeth even more sensitive for 24 hours after whitening (but I think ANY peroxide system would do that)
I simply dry-brush my teeth, apply some whitening gel to the tray, put in my mouth for 5-20 minutes (depending on how much whitening I want), rinse, brush, and go. The white it gives you is "organic", not the day-glo blue-white some people get when they over-use harsher whitening systems. AND...my dentist approves of this product. So, give it a whirl and smile, smile, smile!!

on 8/21/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Plus White is pretty good with minor to moderate staining, but if you're looking for something that will whiten your teeth significantly and quickly, this isn't it. I've tried all three ways to use it (they list them on the back of the tube) and I actually get the best results by mixing some of the gel with my toothpaste twice a week.

on 8/19/2011 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This to me is a poor persons whitestrips. I cannot tolerate this taste on my teeth that gets into my mouth. I feel like its torture to deal with this and have this sit on your teeth and taste it for over 20 min..its just a pain..I prefer whitestrips premium since you cannot taste the chemicals..this is just yuck

on 8/19/2011 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Wow, I've been reading the reviews and I'm stunned!! I must be doing something wrong. I'm in Canada and it's easily found in my local drug store. Have been using it for AGES, doing it way it says on tube. Nothing at has happened - teeth not whiter at all. I just read one reviewer who goes through the mouth guard, etc. etc. Maybe that's the way to go, but I cannot be bothered with that every night. I bought it because it sounded so easy & convenient.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools