MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 2/16/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm one of those girls who embraces her oily t-zone and likes a fresh, sheer, dewy look for daily wear. I don't have great skin - although I rarely break out, I do get really red blemishes sometimes, and I have a lot of redness around my nose - but I don't like full coverage or a heavy foundation for a day to day basis. For a while I was trying out bb creams and not finding that they were what I was looking for, so I splurged and tried this out.

*Price: It is expensive, and I use it 3-4 times a week, but I find that I'm going through the 120mL bottle a lot slower than I imagined I would be.
*Packaging: A nice plastic bottle where you can see how much you have left, I like that you can squirt the product out to your preference.
*Product: Very running and liquidy, feels slippery when applied and stays really wet until it's set with powder. It's very sheer. It's water based so it doesn't do too well on top of most of my primers, which are silicone based. For daily wear, I don't really use primer anyway. Lightly fragranced.
*Positives: Evens my skin tone, cancels some (not all) of my redness, is water-resistant and luminous. It also lasts really well and is truly light coverage (almost no coverage, to be honest) but is buildable to a medium. This will be amazing during the summer when used over an SPF (as it has none).
*Negatives: To me, there are no negatives. I wanted a sheer, luminous, lightweight product to wear to school that lasts and evens my skintone, and it does just that. But if you are looking for more coverage, you'll need to layer this, or use a concealer over top. Some concealers don't blend well onto this, given the texture of the foundation, and it's sticky if you don't set it with a powder.

I apply this with a RT Buffing Brush, put my Mac prolongwear concealer over top for my undereyes, my nose, and any other spots I want to cover, set everything with a powder, lock it in place with a setting spray, and my face will look the same from 9AM to 6PM. If the price makes you hesitant, trust me when I say a little goes a long way, so you won't have to worry about using this up too fast.

on 2/15/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ive read a lot of mixed reviews on this foundation but decided to take the risk and try it myself.

The foundation itself is light but build able, if you have blemishes you will need to hide these with concealer. Plenty of product in the bottle but you will need to use more than your average sized foundation depending on the look you are wanting to achieve.

Overall i really like this foundation for a natural daytime wear. would i buy again? - yes but i do like to experiment with different foundations so wouldn't necessarily repurchase as soon as the product has gone.

on 2/14/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is absolutely wonderful, but you need to know what to expect from it. It is great if you are looking to just even out your skin tone, not if you need to cover anything major, that's what concealer is for anyway, right? It also leaves the most beautiful dewy finish, which is great for dry to normal skin types, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend if your skin is on the oiler side. I also love the color match! I'm about an NC25-35 and C3 is perfect on me. It is a tiny bit too dark when I am my palest, but it's so sheer that it just adds a beautiful kinda bronzy glow instead of looking like my face and neck are two different colors. C3 is also a lovely color if you have an olive skin tone, because it slightly has a green tint to it, which is soooo hard to find. Overall, this foundation is a great buy if you need sheer coverage and your skin is on the drier side. Just make sure to clean your skin really well afterwards, because it can cause a few pimples here and there if you're not careful! Other than that though I love it!

on 2/8/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation. I have extremely dry skin and it makes my skin look so glowy and pretty. It doesn't emphasize dry patches too badly, and really, that is all I ask. It offers sheer to medium coverage, depending on how many layers you apply. I apply it with my fingers because it offers a more dewy finish than if I apply it with a brush. The texture is creamy, smooth, quite runny, and lasts all day on me. I wear the shade C2 and it matches me very well. I think there's a shade for everyone. I don't think oily skinned people will do well with this foundation. I think it's more for very dry to combination skinned people but even if you're on the oilier side, you will have to blot. I don't need to because I'm very dry but I can see oilier people needing to. I do have one qualm about the packaging because it tends to get quite messy. But I really recommend this foundation.

on 2/6/2015 11:24:00 PM

Holy grail foundation. So dewy and fresh. Natural and never looks cakes. Haven't found anything like it in years and years. All other foundations don't cut it after using this.

on 1/29/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

got to say I love this foundation even a small squirt of it is enough as it last all days and covers those flaws and marks on you face.
I feel you do not have to use much concealer when you use this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm officially in love with this foundation. I have acne scarred skin and I usually need to use something fairly heavy looking to get coverage I'm happy with. This foundation builds to something that still looks like skin! I still use concealer on blemishes and under my eyes along with a powder to set, I also use mac studio fix to set and ad extra coverage if needed. I'm only very new to using this foundation but so far I love it. I was hooked on Make-up Forever HD until now but this has taken it's place. The packaging is awesome, its fit for purpose as a pump wouldn't work with the runny formula, the squeeze bottle allows you to get out a good amount without going overboard, to me the fact that it's plastic is a bonus as you don't have to worry about dropping it!

For reference I'm usually an NC30 in mac so a C3 in this foundation.

I don't know why people don't rave about this foundation more, it really is very beautiful!

on 1/28/2015 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Great foundation for dry skin.

Makes skin have a natural glow, nice dewy finish. It is a great everyday make-up, when you are on the run.

Love it!

on 1/26/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Im a fan of this foundation.

It works great for my normal to dry skin. I love the finish of this and always get complimented on my skin with this one. Its very light but evens out my skin tone and gives me a very fresh appearance. There isn't a lot of coverage from this foundation so i recommend it for individuals with fairly good skin already. I apply this with my fingers and find it looks best when done this way. However, two big things to be cautious about.
1. Because of the dewy finish, during the day be ready to powder every few hours as it can lean to the oily looking side.
2. Have a good cleanser and wash your face really well after wearing this foundation as it does tend to clog pores. I take quite good care of my skin but did notice that compared to other foundations, this does clog quite a bit despite the lovely finish. My sister is very low maintenance in the skincare department and hated this foundation. I on the other hand love it.

on 1/22/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I genuinely do really love this foundation, however it just doesn't suit my skin and lifestyle at the moment. It is a very light, sheer coverage, which can be built up, but even then it's not enough coverage for my oily skin. And the finish is another thing. It is supposed to set as a skin like finish, which I find it does, but after only a few hours it separates on my face. My relentless natural oils break through and eat at the makeup, dissolving it away. The poor face and body isn't durable enough to combat it :(. This finish once freshly applied is beautiful though, I have to say. Glowy, gorgeous, dewy perfection. If only my skin wasn't so oily and acne prone!

Again, the coverage can be built up, I have gotten it to a medium coverage, but no more than that. I have to go over it with a concealer for more coverage on my acne scars. For someone with normal/dry/combo skin who needs very minimal coverage, I highly recommend this foundation as it will really beautify and pep your skin up :).

Happy make-up hunting!