September 2, 2014 | 989 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lady Like

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Arielf1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such a gorgeous color, and it it barely chipped after going to the beach and pool for days. It lasted more than a week, which is more than I can say about the drugstore brands I usually buy. I think I have converted to Essie :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! This is a neutral pink that loooks beautiful on! My new favorite color....blue based pink,,,,!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Essie's Lady Like (622) is one of the exclusive Fall 2007 polishes available only in Ulta stores, along with Ritzy Business (621?) and Classy Lassy (620.) LL appears to be a medium 75% raspberry, 25% plum creme. However, when you take a closer look at it, especially in sunlight, you can see that it does have shimmer. The microshimmer is a few shades lighter and a little more fuchsia than the base color of the polish. It's pretty when it shows up, but on my toes it doesn't seem to show up very often. I must note that I am pretty near-sighted, though! Even though it's technically a shimmer polish, it is a very pretty color and I don't mind it looking like a creme because of the nice color. I think it is a touch more cool-toned, rather than warm-toned, and it looks pretty good on me (NW 15.)

I didn't really enjoy the way Lady Like applied, but that could have been because I was using it in a pedicure (which are a pain for me anyway.) LL didn't seem to go on evenly, and I think I even used three coats on my big toes. I definitely have to take points off for less than ideal application and coverage. I'm going to give it another try on my tips before I give up on it, because I really like the color. I'll give it a 3.25 lippies for now and a "no" on repurchasing.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No