April 20, 2014 | 1329 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite Jumbo Eye Pencil to date. I usually don't go for colors as dark as this one, but bought it on a whim. Wow, I don't regret that decision. I love the color and use is as an ''eye liner'' for a super easy day make up.
If I'm only using it as a liner, I don't use primer and it still lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by bbold1

I love the color and the easiness of this pencil. I think its just so convenient, but it creases =[ even if i put my UDPP under it. I guess the key is just to put a thin layer and spread it out with your finger, but that will still crease later on. But i still love this product. its my favorite

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great creamy eyeshadow pencil in an icy taupe that works best as a thin base for other shadows or it creases. I also find that they are a bit heavy feeling on the lid, that, and their tendency to crease on oilier lids make me rate it a 4, otherwise it would get a 5 from me. The color itself is fabulous, a golden shimmery taupe that is amazing looking on almost any skin tone, the exact color as NYX's pressed shadow of the same name. In fact, I like to "set" the Iced Mocha pencil with the Iced Mocha powder shadow. These are a bit thick, so I find it's best to place the color then use your finger to warm the product and thin it out. A thin layer is key. Love these, have a bunch, so yes, I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A delicious mocha colour. It has small gold flecks in it. It can be applied with varying levels of pigmentation, depending on how heavy your hand is. It is silky smooth and easy to work with! Great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought six NYX Jumbo eye pencils from Cherry Culture thinking they would be good bases that could substitute for primers, but boy was I wrong! You need to use a very good primer with these or else they crease like crazy!! Well at least on me they do since I have oily eyelids. The price was very reasonable for these $3.50, way better than the MAC shadesticks which are $20. I'm thinking of depotting them into small pots after watching the Youtube videos. I hope the microwave won't cook them so much that the formulation gets screwed up. The color of this stick is a really nice brown/bronze color. Very useful for a neutral look. I'm undecided on whether I would get this again or get more of these jumbo eye pencils....

Edit: I tried 3 different primers (TFSI, UDPP, and MAC PPs) to see which one would make this stick on without creasing. And I finally found that MAC Paint Pots (in Painterly) is the best primer to use under this! What a journey! I went to work and the mall with ugly greasy eye lids so many times before I could make this work! I took a lippy off because I'm frustrated with the whole experience. It's a difficult product to work with and it shouldn't be getting all these rave reviews. These jumbo eye pencils only deserve an overall 4/5 in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by aalmu90

So pweety! I bought it because emilynoel83 was using this in a tutorial that i wanted to duplicate. It's very creamy and pigmented, one storke of this is enough to cover my whole lid. I love the tackiness of this pencil because powder shadows clings to it very well. I usally use a flat stiff brush (the body shop eyeshadow brush) or a fluffy dome brush for a sheer wash of colour (MAC 217) , that way i can blend it easier. I find that when applying this pencil directly to my lids i get a thick layer, which makes it harder to blend and easier to crease. I love pairing this pencil with my Maybelline quad in chai latte, very neutral yet very sexy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupwondergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This color is GORGEOUS! I fell in love the instant I applied it. The texture is really blendable, and it doesn't take more than a swipe to get a great deposit of color. Really pretty for brown eyes, I can only imagine how pretty it would be for blue or green eyes. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by shmanderrsssx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is such a pretty color and a wonderful base. its a medium brown with a little shine look to it but it looks pretty. i recommend putting this on your lid for a base and put revlon beyond natural cream to powder eye shadow in peach. its GEORGEOUS!!!!! hahaha

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by TipTaupeThroughTheTulips

Urban Decay's Underground Deluxe Eyeshadow is the only color I've ever hit pan on, and for me, this is just like Underground in pencil form, a gorgeous brown taupe. Easy to apply, I just color in my lid and smudge it out with a finger, and it makes a great base for a taupe eye. Unfortunately, you need to apply a primer and take care not to apply too much of this product; otherwise, it will crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's the fourth jumbo eye pencil I've tried so far. (I own pencils in iced mocha, black bean, strawberry milk and milk) This is thick and a little hard to blend. The problem I see with this specific shade is that I can't really build up the color. If I apply more, I build up the frost but not the shade itself. When I blend with my finger, the color fades a little more than my other pencils do. And it does smear a little bit too. Just don't spread it too wide on your lid. This shade looks okay under brown shadows mostly. I'm not sure I'd repurchase because the color is light and frosty rather than pigmented. Nice base under shimmery shadows, though. Always use a base or else it will crease badly.