November 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by iheartcargo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It is good for a base, but you can also wear it as an all over color. I don't like the lid. It seems to be really flimsy. Then again I am more of a paint pot kind of girl.. Really wanting to try more colors and will defiantly buy this color again. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Katz17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! This is my first ever NYX jumbo eye pencil and I'm pleasantly surprised! It's amazing! It's extremely pigmented, and creamy and it glides so smoothly! It`s great as a base for a powder eyeshadow. Like any other cream eyeshadow, it creases. But if you wear it with a primer, the creasing is much decreased. However, I wouldn`t recommend wearing this alone on your lid without a powder on top if you have oily eyelids because it will definitely crease. I don`t have particularily oily lids, so this is a great all over lid colour for me. I find myself reaching for this alot when I don`t have time to put on alot of makeup because it`s such a gorgeous shimmery taupe neutral colour. It matches anything you`re wearing and you don`t really have to think before applying. I just put this on my lid and smudge it out with my ring finger. It`s absolutely GORGEOUS! The only con I have about this product, and the only reason I gave this a four star rating is because the only way you can sharpen it, is to buy the NYX sharpener. Otherwise, any other sharpener will not work. You can depot the NYX jumbo eye pencils, but I just think it's not worth it. I will definitely repurchase this product, as well as other colours of NYX jumbo eye pencils. However, it was annoying to also have to purchase the sharpener from NYX just to sharpen the 1 NYX jumbo eye pencil that I own.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by elbz08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice shimmery taupey brown color, its really pretty under colors like that or just by itself, i dont honestly find myself reaching for it that much compared to my others just because alot of my brown eyeshadows dont really need a base, but if your looking for a brown one this is really really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite Jumbo Eye Pencil to date. I usually don't go for colors as dark as this one, but bought it on a whim. Wow, I don't regret that decision. I love the color and use is as an ''eye liner'' for a super easy day make up.
If I'm only using it as a liner, I don't use primer and it still lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by bbold1

I love the color and the easiness of this pencil. I think its just so convenient, but it creases =[ even if i put my UDPP under it. I guess the key is just to put a thin layer and spread it out with your finger, but that will still crease later on. But i still love this product. its my favorite

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great creamy eyeshadow pencil in an icy taupe that works best as a thin base for other shadows or it creases. I also find that they are a bit heavy feeling on the lid, that, and their tendency to crease on oilier lids make me rate it a 4, otherwise it would get a 5 from me. The color itself is fabulous, a golden shimmery taupe that is amazing looking on almost any skin tone, the exact color as NYX's pressed shadow of the same name. In fact, I like to "set" the Iced Mocha pencil with the Iced Mocha powder shadow. These are a bit thick, so I find it's best to place the color then use your finger to warm the product and thin it out. A thin layer is key. Love these, have a bunch, so yes, I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A delicious mocha colour. It has small gold flecks in it. It can be applied with varying levels of pigmentation, depending on how heavy your hand is. It is silky smooth and easy to work with! Great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought six NYX Jumbo eye pencils from Cherry Culture thinking they would be good bases that could substitute for primers, but boy was I wrong! You need to use a very good primer with these or else they crease like crazy!! Well at least on me they do since I have oily eyelids. The price was very reasonable for these $3.50, way better than the MAC shadesticks which are $20. I'm thinking of depotting them into small pots after watching the Youtube videos. I hope the microwave won't cook them so much that the formulation gets screwed up. The color of this stick is a really nice brown/bronze color. Very useful for a neutral look. I'm undecided on whether I would get this again or get more of these jumbo eye pencils....

Edit: I tried 3 different primers (TFSI, UDPP, and MAC PPs) to see which one would make this stick on without creasing. And I finally found that MAC Paint Pots (in Painterly) is the best primer to use under this! What a journey! I went to work and the mall with ugly greasy eye lids so many times before I could make this work! I took a lippy off because I'm frustrated with the whole experience. It's a difficult product to work with and it shouldn't be getting all these rave reviews. These jumbo eye pencils only deserve an overall 4/5 in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by aalmu90

So pweety! I bought it because emilynoel83 was using this in a tutorial that i wanted to duplicate. It's very creamy and pigmented, one storke of this is enough to cover my whole lid. I love the tackiness of this pencil because powder shadows clings to it very well. I usally use a flat stiff brush (the body shop eyeshadow brush) or a fluffy dome brush for a sheer wash of colour (MAC 217) , that way i can blend it easier. I find that when applying this pencil directly to my lids i get a thick layer, which makes it harder to blend and easier to crease. I love pairing this pencil with my Maybelline quad in chai latte, very neutral yet very sexy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupwondergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This color is GORGEOUS! I fell in love the instant I applied it. The texture is really blendable, and it doesn't take more than a swipe to get a great deposit of color. Really pretty for brown eyes, I can only imagine how pretty it would be for blue or green eyes. :)