Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter

4.3

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Geraniol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Glyceryl lymethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Aqua (Water), Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Hydroxide, BHT, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Disodium Edta, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil

on 2/12/2013 2:23:00 AM

This is the best body moisturizer out of the entire Soap and Glory range. Although it's a body butter, it absorbs really quickly into the skin and doesn't leave a sticky film. Works well in cold climates and the scent is amazing! If you use this, the matching shower cream with the same scent is the Clean On Me Clarifying Shower Gel

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Soap&Glory's The Righteous Butter is their "award winning body butter with softening shea butter and aloe vera. Smooth on a handful after your shower and you'll swear you're wearing velvet. Scented with our original Pink fragrance." Soap&Glory is a UK drugstore brand but their products can be bought here in the States at Sephora and their US website for an inflated price. Soap&Glory offers two sizes of their Righteous Butter, a 50ml (1.69fl oz) travel size tub which sells for $5, and a 300ml (10fl oz) large tub for $20. I was sent a little mini tub by my friend Rae as a Christmas gift. She couldn't have timed it better, as I recently got an anonymous request for Soap&Glory products. Soap&Glory does not test on animals. This body butter was made in the UK.
Soap&Glory is known for their adorable, pink packaging. The Righteous Butter comes in a recyclable pink tub with a screw on cap. The Soap&Glory logo and directions can be found on the label on the top of the jar. The name of the product and a quick claim are printed on the side of the jar. A full ingredient list can found on a peel up sticker on the bottom of the jar. I love the size of the mini tub of The Righteous Butter, it's exactly the size of the palm of my hand. The size is just right for travel, it's even small enough to bring along in your carry on if you're flying. (You should totally take body butter on a plane with you. Legit.
Soap&Glory's The Righteous Butter has a wonderfully rich, thick consistency. This body butter smooths over and melts into the skin, it really feels lovely, delivering an immediate punch of hydration and softness. My dry, cracked elbows and peely gross hands healed after just a few applications. I haven't used Soap&Glory's body butter all over my body because it seems a little too rick for me. My bodily skin doesn't really get dry except in a few places; elbows, ankles, feets, and sometimes my knees. The Righteous Butter is significantly thicker and seemingly more nourishing than the other two I've tried (Solace and Yes To Carrots). One of my qualms with this product is a little does not go a very long way. I've put a decent dent in my tub just from using it on small areas. If I were to use The Righteous Butter all over, this little tub would only last me three or four uses. My other problem with this product? It's highly, highly fragranced. I personally enjoy the strong, perfumey scent, but it's borderline overwhelming. It settles into towels and clothing and clings to the skin. If you don't like strong, perfumey scents in your body care, skip Soap&Glory products in general.
I like Soap&Glory's The Righteous Butter body butter. It's worked wonders on my scaly elbows and even on a dry spot on Dean's face. (You probably shouldn't use body butter on your face, but it was a last ditch kinda thing). The fragrance may be a bit too much if you have sensitive skin or sense of smell, but if you're a fan of Soap&Glory's Pink scent, you'll love this body butter. The full size of Soap&Glory's The Righteous Butter is costly, but it's the same price as The Body Shops' body butters for lots more product, so I guess the value is there. I likely won't purchase a full size tub, but I can see myself getting another tiny tub for next time I travel. I really wish Soap&Glory was as cheap and easily accessible in America as it is in the UK. It used to be sold at Target, hopefully one day it'll return, for lower prices. I'll be all over that. If you're on the market for a new body butter, grab a mini size of Soap&Glory's The Righteous Butter non your next trip to Sephora. Your dry elbows and ankles will thank you.

on 1/22/2013 8:59:00 AM

I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand the smell. I bought this on a whim during a shopping trip with my daughter. Got back to the hotel and slathered it on. So buttery, melted right into my skin, love the feel. Within 5 minutes my nose was stinging and my eyes were watering. I had to jump in the shower and wash this stuff off. The smell I just couldn't stand it! We were leaving the next day so I didn't have time to return it, so I chucked it in the garbage! I see it every once in a while at the drugstore, take a whiff and then run out of that aisle!

on 1/22/2013 6:52:00 AM

This body butter feels great on skin. It glides on smoothly and the scent will linger for quite sometime. I take advantage whenever boots has 2 for 3 offers. Whenever i use this i feel my skin glows. I will repurchase again and again and again.

on 9/11/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I buy this from boots for 10 and they do loads of 3 for 2 deals So you can really try out the fantastic range if you want to highly highly recommend the breakfast scrub!. Anyway back to this gorgeous butter this is for a 500ml pump version, it is so moisturising and leaves no greasy feeling and you can get dressed easily within 5 mins, the smell is sweet but not sickly and applying all over every night lasts me around 3 to 4 months so the price is a bargain to me spent much more on inferior butters!.

on 9/10/2012 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Absolutely delicious product! Love it.
It makes my skin smooth and radiant. And the texture and the smell of it are just gorgeous! I find the packaging a bit annoying but hey it's a small price to pay. 5 out of 5 for me!

on 7/13/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best body butter ever. It even beats my body shop body butter, and that says something. The smell is just heavenly, the packaging is lovely, you get a lot in the tub too so it lasts ages. Just buy it seriously its perfect!!

on 6/1/2012 12:03:00 AM

I love this body butter! It smells amazing, like miss dior cherie. It has a thick texture but melts right into your skin. It is super moisturizing - although in Australia it is expensive ($35) so I try to use sparingly because it's so good and I want it to last forever. Ever girl should have this!

on 4/10/2012 11:01:00 PM

When I use this body butter, I don't need to wear perfume. It is literally that strong. But it's a nice, wonderful floral scent that smells like Miss Dior Cherie EDT, so if you like that scent, the righteous butter is right for you! It's very silky and moisturizing and I've used it sparingly because I don't want to run out of it too quickly. If money were not an issue, I would go through tubs of this like no body's business! But alas, It's wonderful and great for any time of the year.

on 4/3/2012 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was so excited to receive this in my latest Sephora order, but minutes after applying it the scent was so overwhelmingly strong I had to take another shower to get the product off. Like, stinging my eyes and face strong. It's a nice scent, but it's way too concentrated. That, and I'm pretty sure it's causing my skin to burn/turn red.

Returning ASAP.