September 23, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 6:15:00 AM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great moisturizer. It is marketed as a butter for normal/dry skin but it is really quite moisturizing. If your skin is truly normal and/or you live in a hot or humid climate, I think this will be too heavy for you.

I own several of the body butters and I love the Olive one for its fantastic fresh, green, clean scent. It is very smooth and buttery in texture. It is on the creamy side compared to, for instance, the shea or coconut butters which are almost solid. The ingredients are very good, including olive oil, shea butter and cocoa butter.

In brief, this is a fantastic product that I've enjoyed for a couple of years already and that I keep repurchasing when I am out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Ammit

I really love Olive Butter, it's much nicer than the others. It's very buttery and light to apply and it smells soooo nice! I love it.
Some of the other body butters that they do are way too overpowering and heavy and greasy.
This stuff leaves my skin so soft. I will always be looking for THE body lotion but this one is pretty darned nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cloudlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic!! I haven't used TBS products in a while...but recently, while searching for a new moisturizer, I revisited the famous Body Butter collection. After reading reviews, I decided to go with the Olive - seemed right for my normal/dehydrated skin.

It felt great!! Light and (literally) buttery, this light green balm just melted into my skin. A little goes a long way, but it really feels like it's nourishing the skin - you can almost feel it sinking in. You do need to massage/rub it in a little, but it's worth the slight wait...my skin felt very supple afterwards. I don't know how it happens, but my skin actually looks better?! The smell is also quite pretty - clean, slightly herbal, and fresh. Not overpowering and fortunately not like olives! : ) I really really like this...HG material. I hope TBS never discontinues it.

P.S. I bought the large 200mL size. I use a small spatula to spoon it into a smaller jar, so that I so I'm not dipping my fingers into the large tub every time. Hopefully this will prolong its freshness! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by mitali79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up today and, let em just say, wow! Love this product. Perfect for after-shower moisturizing - and not as greasy as some of the body shop's other body butters. Love the scent, too. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 8:24:00 PM More reviews by dreamingangel

Update 12/09/2007: Surprisingly, I did finish using this up - mainly as a hand moisturizer, where the smell doesn't get to me too much and it keeps my dried up wrinkly hands well moisturized and even a little glowy. Towards the end I found myself getting used to the scent, but then this still turns weird on me, so definitely no repurchase.
UPDATE: Unfortunately this turns overwhelmingly funky and musty on me for some reason - probably my skin reacts negatively to the fragrance. downgrading to 2 lippies as i can't see myself finishing this now due to the terrible smell. My hubby also says it smells like BO on me, which is a problem I've never had! *** 4 lippies for its moisturizing power, 1 lippie off cos i hate the smell.
*** I picked up two of the olive body butters at a recent TBS sale, and its the first time I'm trying out body products from The Body Shop - strangely enough my first acquaintance was with their face care and makeup products, as I always thought that their body stuff was way overpriced. *** Product Review: The body butter is a pale green colour, and looks like a tub of half-melted margarine. I'm pleasantly surprised that it takes so very little of the product to moisturize a big area, as I normally require 8-10 pumps of body lotion for my whole body. To me, this is an excellent heavy moisturizer - the butter has really changed the appearance and texture of my super-dry feet, legs and arms in less than a week. However I dislike the fact that it takes some time to absorb - at least half an hour or so, and that even after absorption, it remains a little sticky. My husband generally avoids me when I have the butter on - and he can see it from the sheen it leaves on skin. And I don't really get all the raves for its smell - this smells like some kind of cheap room or car freshener to me, and the smell stays on for hours. Definitely a turn-off, and though i'll finish using up both tubs, I doubt I'll be buying this again. If I do buy another body butter from TBS, I'll probably choose another flavour.
*** Final verdict: The olive butter is really great for dry skin in cool weather - although it states that this is for normal to dry skin, i really think that normal skin gals will find this far too greasy, especially if you're stuck in a hot and humid a climate, like where I am right now. (The butter actually turns rancid on the skin if it gets too hot!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great stuff. Moisturizes really well without feeling heavy or sticky, even in humid conditions (I'm from Malaysia). Light texture and absorbs really quick too. The olive scent is not a favorite with me (I prefer cocoa butter) but overall I consider it a good purchase. RM55 for 200ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Mamu1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, hands down, my favorite body butter from TBS!! The scent is nice and mild, and it moisturizes really well! I've sampled some of the other butters, but only buy/use THIS one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ashtraygirl11

This is the best body moisturizer ever! I'm not kidding you. Not this time. It comes with many options but I honestly don't even care to try the other ones. Olive is my absolute favorite. It moisturizes my skin very well, especially through winter and it smells great considering that I don't even like olives.

Most moisturizers usually get absorb and dry very fast on your skin but this one sticks around. You can feel it after hours! It's really rich.

The price I think is in a medium scale. Yes, it's true you can find cheaper body cream but does it work as well as TBS body butter? Plus after spending $75 for Fresh Pink Jasmine that wasn't even close to TBS, $17 a pop is well worth it! I can't even think one bad thing about this product.

Well, there's one actually. I used to live in Chicago and their summer is awfully hot. Don't put this product too much in humid cities cause it will get your skin too moisturized a.k.a greasy. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by loveydovey062185

TBS body butter is absolutely my fave body cream. I particularly like olive because the scent really wakes me up when I apply it early in the morning after taking a shower. Plus, you can see the results almost immediately after you use the cream on your legs and arms. Highly recommended for the winter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

This is my favorite body butter from TBS. It has such a nice clean scent and doesn't interfere with my perfume. LOVE IT! I slather this on all over after a shower and am soft all day. :-)