April 17, 2014 | 1025 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by AriaC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ADORE this foundation!!
I have really dry skin, and this foundation helps me to keep it moisturized and soft throughout the whole day.
The issue with this product for many people is that there's lots of sparkle to it: which is true, but to me it's not too much neither in winter and summer, first of all because the sparkles are so tiny that they just give a pearly look, and then because being so dry my skin gets also not really luminous, so i like to bright it up with some sparkle.
I think it works perfectly as a foundation and as a highlighter at the same time, which i love: i'm a fan of the dewy finsh.
This foundation provides a light coverage, so i wouldn't recommend this product to people with lots of flaws, especially because it's not buildable: adding on product doesn't give more coverage, it just makes the skin look caky and gross.
So, it's a foundation that works great only if applied well, and on dry skin obviously, since it's pretty oily, and it would be terrbile on a combination or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by jee8085

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this founsation. I have been using retin a and now I have super dry flaky skin. I was using powder mineral makeup. I find I can't use powder mineral makeup any more, because it makes me look even flakier. This foundation gives my super dry skin a dewy look, it moisturizes and stays on all day. It covers my reddness well and does give buildable coverage. The shimmer is very fine and not noticeable. I love this and will buy again for sure. I am so glad I found something that makes my parched skin look luminous.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by piper54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am just getting over a nasty case of shingles on my face, I asked my husband to go to the PX on base and find some make up to cover the red, crusty mess (graphic enough for ya?) that was my forehead. He came back with a tube of this, the very dry to dry skin type in porcelian. This make up really covers and keeps the area soft. I'm only giving it 4 lippies as I don't usually wear foundation and have nothing to compare it to. I'm ready to face the world again with smooth natural looking skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Twanda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am looking for a new foundation and the SA gave me 3 different samples of Clinique foundations (super moisture, perfectly real and dewey smooth). This was very greasy looking on me and I have dry skin. Plus the color the was too dark. Did not wear it out of the house and instead washed it off & started over using Dewey Smooth sample. Dewey Smooth may be the one I buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by fuzkittie

This foundation by far provides the dewiest finish out of everything that I've tried (10+ high end foundations). If you like dewy, this is for you. This foundation isn't for those with oily skin. I found this foundation worked extremely well in winter weather, and for my own travel-abused skin. It stands up to the dry cabin air that my skin is subject to every week, and remains dewy. It doesn't last as long as some other foundations that I've tried, but for the finish it gives, I think it's worth it. The price is reasonable, and I love tube packaging for everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by donchica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really expect that before you buy a foundation you READ the skin type it's for....this foundation is for DRY AND DRY COMBINATION. Please dont come to mua and diss a foundation that is just plain gorgeous bcos u cant follow simple instructions. I am a mac addict for foundations and i usually bypass the clinique stand bcos everything there (to me) looked too pasty. But I decided to take advantage of a gift with purchase event....i spent some time at the counter and I had a very patient sales rep help me try all the foundations...thanks to her I walked away with probably the best foundation I have tried till date...and thats saying much. Enuff said

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by BecksCherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation because I wanted a finish that was dewy and more natural as opposed to the matte I was used to. It definetly delivered that, if not much else. I can see that it could really work for some people, but not me. My basic observations:

* The formula says "liquid", but it is much more on the creamier side than any other liquid foundation I've tried. Thats to say if you put a little dollop in the palm of your hand and turned your hand upside down, it would stick there and not fall, instead of running like an actual liquid. I actually like the consistency of this though, it was convenient and not messy.

* This foundation is advertised as having a "sheer" coverage. I do have some blemishes that I like at least disguised by my foundation, so I was interested to experiment with the coverage of this. In the end, I probably wouldn't call this sheer coverage. If you used the slightest bit maybe, but it is definetly buildable and you can achieve a medium coverage pretty easily. I find that clinique foundations are always a little heavy.

* The finish is definetly dewy, I can see that some may not like it as it is quite shiny and feels quite greasy. Even when it sets my face looks quite oily and feels much the same.

* Like the packaging, it is basically a squeezable plastic tube with a silver screw top lid, it looks very cute in my make up bag and is easy and no mess.

* This product, as you may have read, DOES have shimmer. That is to say, although you may not notice in the tube (I definetly didn't), there are very tiny particles of glitter that I suppose are meant to achieve a look of illumination. They weren't really a problem for me, maybe it was my skin type or foundation shade. When I apply this in natural light I see no shimmer on my face, I am told though that under artificial lights indoors you really get that "disco ball" face look going on. Personally I didn't notice all that much. It definetly has shimmer, but I didn't find it particularly obtrusive.

* THE THING THAT PUT ME OFF THOUGH... and this won't apply to everyone, was just that the clinique sales assistant told me herself this product is packed full of oil. It did break me out, althought my skin was already somewhat acne prone, using oil on the face can disturb even the best of skins.

Conclusion? I have tried better, I have tried worse. For the price, I expect more, but it really comes down to what you are looking for in your foundation. I hope some of the things I noticed about it can help!
xx

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I managed to get a good sized sample to try based on the reviews here . Foundations I have used in the past include Chanel Vitalumiere, EL Futurist, Lucidity and Enlighten, Guerlain, basically meaning that I am the ultimate foundation snob. I can live without scads of blush, eyemakeup and the like but I do Need my foundations. In the past I have not really been satisfied with the Clinique foundations I have tried, not because of the pricepoint; they just don't live up to my expectations. However, I was quite blown away with this product. It goes on like a moisturizer, but has the medium coverage of a good foundation. It does not leave those little white spots in my pores, nor any of those nasty things that foundations can do (accentuate flakies, wrinkles, make skin look crepey or pasty). You need a very small amount because it spreads so well, the finish is dewy/luminous and quite longlasting. Thankfully, on asking various people if I looked like a shimmery disco ball, none of them could see it, they just thought my skin looked great. An important note is that please do not use this foundation if you are oily or acne prone and then leave a negative report on MUA complaining how the makeup slides off after two hours or gives you massive cysts. That is really not fair to the calibre of this product. This foundation was formulated for very dry or mature skin types (I am over 50) and probably if I had tried this ten years ago I would have hated it. For reference, I use the Nude shade which is fairly light but yellow-based. Even though I am a 'cool', I find the yellow counteracts the redness in my skin. UPDATE Mar 29/10 After a week, I ended up with numerous little bumps on my forehead - downgraded the lippies and gave it to my daughter - she is liking it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by twiceshyjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only wear this in the summer due to the excessive shimmer! I did not see the shimmer when I bought it at the counter, probably because of the lighting. However I've noticed at home, that my face pretty much sparkles. Really pretty in the sunlight... however not too great in the winter. Moderate coverage, however it isn't known for coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by vlienn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst foundation ever. I've got a terrible breakout from this and that is just the beginning. It has WAY too much shimmer and the colour doesn't match my fair skin at all. Oh, and it doesn't cover anything. The one and only thing what good is about this foundation, is that it's moisturizing. I won't buy this ever again, I'm not even use this anymore.