St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea butter

4.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carbomer, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Glucoside, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caramel, Red 33, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

on 3/13/2012 9:06:00 PM

I started using St Ive's lotion when my friend recommended me their lotion. I had an unfortunate experience with st ives that caused me to break out when i first started using cleanser at the age of 12. I was using Hydrating body lotion prior to getting this because Malaysia's drugstore does not carry shea butter & lotion. I was excited to see that they finally did. Without much thought, i bought it because im a sucker for ingredients that are food, namely oat meal. Tried it this morning. fell in love immediately, the scent is a tad strong when u first apply but soon subside with just a faint scent of vanilla lingering. I love vanilla, this is not those sickly sweet vanilla that frequent in skincare. Plus it is similar to what my friend smell like (minus a hint of freshness) and he refuse to reveal what he uses (not sure whether its perfume or detergent). I recommended it back to the friend that introduced me, she loves it too. I cant stop smelling myself, its been more than 3 hours, the scent is still there (its of a comfortable level, not overpowering). I think i found my ultimate vanilla lotion, all the vanilla-y yumminess minus the chemical sweetness that smells fake.

on 3/13/2012 4:23:00 PM

My first review! I love, love, love this stuff. It is my go to lotion if my skin is dry and itchy. I use it all the time and I always re-buy it. It smells good, not heavy and perfumey, and it soaks in quickly. My skin is soft and not sticky after using, which I love! I can't stand thick lotions that take forever to soak in, so this is perfect for me. I like to use this in conjunction with the same body wash, it seriously takes care of that horrible winter itch, and I get it BAD. My only complaint, and it's a minor annoyance, is that they keep changing the packaging! It's always available in a pump, but they change the picture on it, or the bottle shape. Every time I need a new bottle I have to look to find it and double check to make sure I got the right stuff. Stupid, I know. But, anyways, this is great stuff and I am loyal to this product.

on 3/11/2012 3:49:00 AM

St. Ives lotions are basically the only ones I use now, for my body and face. They have all moisturized really well, even for the winter, without breaking me out at all. Works well under make up. Smells great too.

on 3/8/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

While I like that this lotion is all natural, it is not strong enough for my winter-time dry skin. It doesn't feel very indulgent when applying, and only lasts for a few hours before my skin feels dry again. It's probably worth mentioning that I occasionally get tiny eczema patches on my wrists and legs, so I need more bodily moisture than most.

on 2/8/2012 10:46:00 PM

I really love this lotion. I have many lotions that I hoard, including expensive ones, but this is my go to lotion. It absorbs into skin quickly and easily, and leaves my skin feeling soooo soft and silky. I live in Canada and the winters here can really leave my skin feeling itchy, irritated and dry. When I smooth this on after a warm bath or shower I feel instant relief. I received this as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago and I have been purchasing it ever since, I just can't say a bad thing about it. Its cheap and its high quality as far as I am concerned. The scent is really mild and reminds me of an almondy/coconutty scent, I find it pleasing. Great product !

on 1/20/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i love this moisturiser! it's smells so good and it has a really nice consistency. it goes on silky smooth and absorbs really quickly. packaging is easy to use and it's so cheap! love it!!!

on 1/19/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim because I'm a sucker for clearance, and they had this on the Target rack for $1.74USD, so I figured why not! I fell in love with- very little fragrance, non-greasy, and very moisturizing. I slather some on after a shower and can feel the softness all day. This has helped me to (successfully) battle the Maryland winter dryness/itchiness. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/18/2012 7:13:00 PM

Well for the price it is a fine product, but I could not get over the cheap coconut fragrance. I prefer by far Jergen's shea butter lotion. Won't repurchase.

on 1/1/2012 12:40:00 AM

This lotion is creamy but not greasy, and absorbs super quickly. It's especially good for winter- my skin just drinks it up. :D It smells really nice too, sort of a fragrance-y warm vanilla-y smell, but it disappears really quickly which is nice if you're planning on wearing perfume on top of it. It's cheap too, and comes in a huge bottle! Definitely good for arms and legs. It's fairly moisturizing, enough for winter but not too greasy for summer. I wouldn't recommend it for super dry spots like elbows though- you'd have to apply like five layers.

on 12/28/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This smells amazing. I have this scent in the body wash, body scrub, and lotion. It's probably my favorite and cheapest shower/body product. The scent doesn't linger long, though, which is actually good, as I prefer a very subtle scent, and I imagine (though do not know for sure) that those who wear perfume wouldn't have an issue using this and then applying perfume. I find it has a slightly vanilla-y smell to it. Smells very fresh and warm and clean. I don't have particularly dry or itchy or sensitive skin (I'd say my epidermis is pretty standard), so I can't attest to its reaction on that skin type. But on my skin it absorbs quickly and feels good to apply. I'd say it has a medium consistency, not too watery, but not very thick like a body butter. Doesn't feel greasy, leaves skin feeling soft. Very cheap. Would definitely repurchase.