St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea butter

4.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carbomer, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Glucoside, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caramel, Red 33, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

on 3/11/2012 3:49:00 AM

St. Ives lotions are basically the only ones I use now, for my body and face. They have all moisturized really well, even for the winter, without breaking me out at all. Works well under make up. Smells great too.

on 3/8/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

While I like that this lotion is all natural, it is not strong enough for my winter-time dry skin. It doesn't feel very indulgent when applying, and only lasts for a few hours before my skin feels dry again. It's probably worth mentioning that I occasionally get tiny eczema patches on my wrists and legs, so I need more bodily moisture than most.

on 2/8/2012 10:46:00 PM

I really love this lotion. I have many lotions that I hoard, including expensive ones, but this is my go to lotion. It absorbs into skin quickly and easily, and leaves my skin feeling soooo soft and silky. I live in Canada and the winters here can really leave my skin feeling itchy, irritated and dry. When I smooth this on after a warm bath or shower I feel instant relief. I received this as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago and I have been purchasing it ever since, I just can't say a bad thing about it. Its cheap and its high quality as far as I am concerned. The scent is really mild and reminds me of an almondy/coconutty scent, I find it pleasing. Great product !

on 1/20/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i love this moisturiser! it's smells so good and it has a really nice consistency. it goes on silky smooth and absorbs really quickly. packaging is easy to use and it's so cheap! love it!!!

on 1/19/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim because I'm a sucker for clearance, and they had this on the Target rack for $1.74USD, so I figured why not! I fell in love with- very little fragrance, non-greasy, and very moisturizing. I slather some on after a shower and can feel the softness all day. This has helped me to (successfully) battle the Maryland winter dryness/itchiness. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/18/2012 7:13:00 PM

Well for the price it is a fine product, but I could not get over the cheap coconut fragrance. I prefer by far Jergen's shea butter lotion. Won't repurchase.

on 1/1/2012 12:40:00 AM

This lotion is creamy but not greasy, and absorbs super quickly. It's especially good for winter- my skin just drinks it up. :D It smells really nice too, sort of a fragrance-y warm vanilla-y smell, but it disappears really quickly which is nice if you're planning on wearing perfume on top of it. It's cheap too, and comes in a huge bottle! Definitely good for arms and legs. It's fairly moisturizing, enough for winter but not too greasy for summer. I wouldn't recommend it for super dry spots like elbows though- you'd have to apply like five layers.

on 12/28/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This smells amazing. I have this scent in the body wash, body scrub, and lotion. It's probably my favorite and cheapest shower/body product. The scent doesn't linger long, though, which is actually good, as I prefer a very subtle scent, and I imagine (though do not know for sure) that those who wear perfume wouldn't have an issue using this and then applying perfume. I find it has a slightly vanilla-y smell to it. Smells very fresh and warm and clean. I don't have particularly dry or itchy or sensitive skin (I'd say my epidermis is pretty standard), so I can't attest to its reaction on that skin type. But on my skin it absorbs quickly and feels good to apply. I'd say it has a medium consistency, not too watery, but not very thick like a body butter. Doesn't feel greasy, leaves skin feeling soft. Very cheap. Would definitely repurchase.

on 11/18/2011 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got in on sale for 2-3 dollars with extra volume, great bargain.
Works pretty well in winter for my dry skin, and smells good.
Definitely a re-buy!

on 11/11/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an ok lotion for my "normal" skin on my body but def not enough for my dry hands. If you have any skin irritation or cracked skin it does sting. Other reviewers said It stinks. The smell is not bothersome to me, infact I barely smell anything. If you are looking for a cheap lotion this is one if the better ones. I still prefer my aveeno (my HG) but when I was a broke student this got me through. As a sidenote: it was hard to find for a while because they were redoing the packaging and when I found it again it was $1 more. I think it is overpriced for the quality now and for about $1-2 more you can have a nice bottle of a better product.