Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

4.1

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I personally love this cleanser, but it's absolutely not for everyone.

PROS
-It's super gentle. This is one of the first cleansers that I've used that did not dry out or irritate my skin. In fact, I can safely use it twice a day even during the winter months when my skin is already dry and patchy and this will not cause flakiness or a tight feeling.
-Fragrance free.
-Very affordable.
-For me, it keeps breakouts at bay and leaves me with a clean, refreshed feeling after washing.

CONS
-Though this product claims to be for "blemish-prone" skin, it really does no good for women who are super oily or have acne. If you have those problems, you'll need something stronger than this.
-Does not take off makeup well at all. This isn't a big problem for me since I don't wear foundation on a daily basis (just concealer, blush and sometimes powder for "face" makeup).

To sum it up, if your skin is generally pretty good and you don't wear lots of face makeup, this is an ideal cleanser. But if you have acne, very oily skin or wear much face makeup, go for something more potent then this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is very gentle and soothing, doesn't dry out the skin, is fragrance free, and feels nice. The one thing that's a deal breaker for me is that it does not remove makeup very well at all. No matter how much product I use or how long I massage the cleanser in, traces of makeup remain. I think this is good to use when I'm not wearing makeup, like in the mornings, and it's probably good for those with sensitive skin. But I wouldn't repurchase because makeup removal is really important.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this daily and I am on my second bottle of this. =)
I have hormonal monthly breakouts, but when I was younger this was a great cleanser too.

I found that it didn't work right away. It took about a week before I could actually see results. I used to have oily skin but not anymore. I'm not sure if it's related to this product at all or because I'm getting older now haha

Pro:
-Gentle
-Non-drying
-So cheap omg!

Con:
-if you have very very oily skin you will need something else on top of this **
-does not take off makeup

Note: I found this only prevents further breakouts.
**The Shiseido Pureness cleanser worked great when I had very oily skin

This was somewhat hard for me to find. I've seen this at Superstore and occasionally at Shoppers Drugs Mart and Walmart.
Also the lotion that goes with this the best I've tried even against some high-end brands if you have combo skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I would have to say that this cleanser is only "so-so." I'm a teen. A couple of years ago, my doctor recommended this as a cleanser for my light acne (which are really just some small bumps). I tried this but there are some issues I've had with it. The first is that, though my face looks very clean and bright after, I found that it didn't help my breakouts much. Also, my face was very oily on the T-Zone. Another thing that I just couldn't get over was the smell. It smelled so much of alcohal! I think the problem is that it's way too gentle. I have combination skin, but for all of you who have sensitive skin, it's probably a product to try.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cleanser doesn't really do much. It's very gentle but it doesn't clean off makeup or help blemishes.

This stuff is great for problem prone skin, but for those who wear makeup or sunscreen that needs removing, it is far to gentle to do anything.

This cleanser is great -- I have finicky, dry/combination skin that breaks out when I use most kinds of soap cleansers. This product has absolutely improved my skin. Once or twice a week I use it with a wash cloth for a better scrub, otherwise just massage it around and rinse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After seeing the great reviews on this product, I thought I'd try it out. My skin breaks out mainly during that time of month, but I wanted to get a new cleanser that would be gentle on my skin. After using this product for the past two weeks, I've been breaking out in blemishes ALL over my face. They are not red, but I have tiny bumps every where! I have no idea why this has been happening, and the only change I've made in my skin care routine has been using this cleanser. On days I have not used this cleanser, my skin started to clear up. But again I used it today and my skin broke out even more. I am SO disappointed and really upset, because I bought two big bottles of this stuff! I only used this cleanser in the morning with my Clarisonic, so it wasn't that it left makeup residue on my face. Maybe this cleanser is just too gentle to clean regular oil build up during the night. I don't recommend this. :(

I've been using this product for six years already, and will definitely continue to! I'm going to say right now that while it hasn't eliminated my acne it's helped, but it is the best facial cleanser i've tried (tried cetaphil, natural cleansers, noxzema, among others). it has very little smell, and i personally prefer the jel consistency. it leaves my face feeling fresh and clean without any drying effects. a plus is the large container it comes in, which lasts several months and is worth the $15 or so you pay for it. the only downside is that when it starts running low the pump doesn't work and you need to tip it upside down, sometime making it difficult to get the last few bits out.

i would highly recommend this to anyone out there looking for a gentle and efficient cleanser. just rely on toner/spot treatment for targeting acne.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like how gentle this cleanser is but it doesn't really clean my face as much as I wanted it to so I need to remove makeup and roughly clean my face before using this.