December 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Cleansers - Spectro - Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ebonyamberjade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My holy grail cleanser. I simply love this product. I have very sensitive temperamental skin and it is SOOOO difficult to find a cleanser that doesn't cause me problems. I googled "cleansers for sensitive skin" and I was lucky enough to come across a site that recommended this product.

I order from well.ca and I get the large 500mL bottle. Yes the shipping is expensive if you live outside Canada, but it is totally worth it.

As with every any cleanser that is not oil based, I would not recommend this as a makeup remover. However that is simply my preference, since I have skin that clings to makeup and I always need an oil based product to coax it off. But I am sure there are many people who can use this to take off their makeup and it works just fine on its own.

As a basic everyday cleanser, this is the best I have found so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sarahrahrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS THE BEST CLEANSER! It makes my skin feel so clean, soft, and refreshed. There is hardly any make-up residue on the pad when I use toner after cleansing with this. I massage it into my skin for about 45 seconds to a minute and it removes my moisturizer with SPF, mascara, powder foundation, and long-lasting concealer. It never irritates my sensitive skin and contains no fragrance or other potentially irritating ingredients. This cleanser has also improved the tone and texture of my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lpiao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Edit: I decided to try this again after my skin have calmed down, my skin did not react, so maybe it was something else. It has been about a week since I started using this again, have not seen any results yet. But YES to no stinging when I wash my face.

I went and got this product after reading so many good reviews. I have dry combination skin. I have been getting big painful cystic acne, nothing has worked on my skin so far. To make matter worse, over the summer I developed a bad rash around my hair line and eyelid. Now my skin is very sensitive and cannot use harsh products. I have only been using this for 3 days. I don't know if I am using this wrong or something. I woke up with dry patchy and itchy skin. I thought this product is supposed to be non-drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by internetgirl

I changed from using dermae to this brand hoping it would work better. But it didn't. I usually just break out on my right cheek. But it made me break out in places like my forehead, my left cheek, and my chin. I usually don't break out in those places before. My right cheek which usually have sparse and moderately small pimples started breaking out with crysts! I use this cleanser with the spectro jel cream and it felt drying so I have to put on a lot to maintain the moisture.

Edit: After using this for 2-3 months my acne calm down a bit. But it still broke me out in places where I usually don't get acne like my forehead and my left jawline. I think this has to do with my combination skin which is tricky to treat. It's not strong enough for my oily t-zone and too drying for my cheeks. But this product might be good for those who have slightly oily skin evenly on their face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by bigbu

I think they changed the formula of this one, I bought a small sample of this one 3 months ago before they changed it to fragrant free instead of " soap free, fragrant free". The old formula clean my face completely, I just needed to use a lot of it but it does its job. THe new formula doesnt clean my face at all. Now I just use it in the morning to refresh my skin but it doesnt really do that job well. I will keep looking for my cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by AdnarEar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG of facial cleansers. It has made my skin look the best it ever has. My skin tone is so much more even and I am breakout free. One downside is that it does not remove makeup well. However I always have my no brand makeup remover wipes handy, so that's not a big deal! The overall appearance of my skin is completely worth the extra step of removing makeup before hand. It's also super gentle. When working it into my skin for about 40 seconds or so I really feel as though I'm doing my skin good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by l4b3l

This product isn't very known compared to all branded cleansers. I decided to try this out after breaking out and spending lots of money in other well-known brands (i.e. vichy, lush, ). Guess what ? after maybe 2 or 3 days, my acne minimized a lot. Bad thing is I have acne scars now :( !!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG! I use this for everything. Body wash, face wash, shave gel etc.
This is not a makeup remover! It will not remove any long lasting makeup you wear or sunscreen. I don't wear face makeup like foundation, but during the summer I wear a primer with spf 50 and I need to use a different cleanser at night.
Also, please be aware this has dimenthicone (which it clearly states on the bottle!) and other emollients/humectants such as glycerin. If you know these ingredients cause serious breakouts, as they can with some, avoid!

My review:
I have dry, sensitive skin. Not acne prone, but the occasional TOTM blemish (which have subsided since I started Yaz anyway). I try to keep my face washing to twice a day, but I dance and sweat so sometimes it is more. I can wash my face multiple times a day with this, and it doesn't dry out my skin. I still use a moisturizer afterward although someone with normal skin may not have to.
This cleans my skin but doesn't strip it. I don't feel like there's a film on my skin after either which is nice. It's fragrance free and doesn't irritate my skin or eyes. I usually wear blush, mascara (not w/p), maybe eyeshadow and translucent powder. This removes all of those with ease, no scrubbing required. Like I said, it won't remove long lasting & w/p makeup, or sunscreens/primers.
It makes a great body wash and shave gel in a snap. I usually use thick shave creams or oils, but if I notice I missed a spot this will do the trick.
It's great bang for your buck too. I buy the huge econo pump bottle from Costco for $15. It's a massive amount and lasts me for months, even though I use it multiple times a day. The pump is great and the smaller squeeze bottles travel very well. I once had a small bottle explode in my suitcase during travel, and it got all over my clothing. No stains or marks, yay!
I will repurchase over and over.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, this is not a makeup remover, it is a cleanser, a purifier for your skin. it does not strip your skin, it keeps your skin behaving the way it should when its balanced and clean. I use the ocm method at night and then use spectro gel to take away all the oil and then a little witch hazel followed by my beloved estee lauder night repair and moisturizer. Sounds like a long process but well worth it. Skin stays balanced and not tight. Definately great for winter when skin needs more moisture, will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This stuff is heavenly. I've always been a lather girl until I found out that the chemicals that make products lather can be quite irritating, and have no effect on how well a product cleanses....so this slimy gel took some getting used to (I remember hating it years ago) but now I am absolutely in love. It is so gentle and makes my skin feel soft...even when my skin is compltely raw, this stuff never stings. I typically keep it to my morning cleanser bc I don't think it is great for makeup removal...mind you, my makeup is melted off pretty much completely by the end of the day because I like to use minerals so it probably would be fine for night too.

EDIT:

OMG is this discontinued??

EDIT:

Ok I emailed the company and this is NOT discontinued...thank God!! They just now call it "Blemish Prone Skin, Fragrance Free"...same colour label. I tend to stay away from things with geared to acne as I have eczema, not acne (basically the polar opposite) but they assured me it was the same formula. Really great customer service btw :)