October 31, 2014 | 1193 users online

Hair Treatments - Neutrogena - T/Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by prettypinkkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only thing that has stopped my awful flaky scalp from itching 24/7. The only problem is it's drying out my curly hair, even when I use the method given in an earlier review (with the conditioner on the bottom half of the hair). I'll deal with frizzy hair for now and figure it out later - at least I feel better, and no flakes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 11:11:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used the Stubborn Itch Control Shampoo with 0.5 % Coal Tar. It also contains menthol. This is a dark brown shampoo with a medicinal smell. But this stuff will knock out any persistent scalp itch you may have! My nape always itches and someone reccommended this shampoo. It is very drying, so its probably best to try to limit applying this to the rest of your hair, try to keep it on your scalp. I also let is sit on my scalp for a few minutes before washing it out. The menthol is strong and so if you have sensitive skin, you may want to find a milder shampoo. Follow up with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and you should be fine. I also noticed after using this shampoo, my conditioner worked even better. Overall, a great product for those with persistant itcching and who don't have sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2004 3:10:00 AM More reviews by bakk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this every once in a while just to see if one of these days it will work for me, but it always makes the dandruff WORSE! I do that whole thing with leaving it in for a while, but this stuff never yields good results; there are always more flakes after I rinse it out than there were before. Denorex works much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2004 7:24:00 PM More reviews by pinstripemafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just as winter is coming and going, my husband and I both get horribly itchy dandruff from the weather changes. Every single time this happens I go buy this stuff and it immediately starts making a difference. If its really bad it may take a few washes, but it does work wonderfully and gives relief. One time though I didn't take off my rings and the shampoo got caught underneath it and actually burned the skin under my ring, I guess thats how strong it is! But now I take my rings off before I use it and don't have any problems. Its never burned my scalp though. I think it just burned my finger because it was trapped under my ring for so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 8:03:00 AM More reviews by winkcat

I bought this after my ordindary dandruff shampoo wasn't working well enough. Cleared up itchy scalp almost instantly. but, like others, I find the smell a bit offputting but it works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2004 5:07:00 PM More reviews by carolyn8756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am using the extra strenght shampoo. The 2% really burned my scalp...must have different ingredients. As much as I hate using this, it has saved my scalp. I get a lot of sebum buildup on my scalp which is very itchy, and looks gross. I had tried every other product I could find, even prescriptions, and this is the only thing that has helped. I do need to use this twice a week, leaving it on for about 10 mins. I have had no trouble since. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2004 8:17:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If it was not for this product I would be walking around itching my head all day. I use this even though I spend a FORTUNE having my hair colored. I can not live without this product. I do hope they come out with one for color treated hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2003 11:10:00 AM More reviews by moose3smc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mild eczema on my scalp (along with other parts of my body) and I found that this stuff works pretty well. I have used head and shoulders b4, but that is mostly for dandruff. I use it about once a week and the itching and flakes are gone. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it smells soooo strong! I guess it has to since it's medicated. Just don't use it b4 going on a date! It was a bit pricey, but it will last awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2003 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mensch71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

T-Gel is the only shampoo (including the expensive prescriptions) that cured my mild case of psoriasis.

It doesn't smell super nice, but if you rinse thoroughly, you (and others) won't smell it after 1 -2 times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2003 4:39:00 AM More reviews by curiouslilannie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a treatment shampoo, not meant to be luxurious in any way. I'm sure if they tried to cover up the tar smell it would have to be a really obnoxious scent anyway. At least it works. Seems to work better than a prescription sample I got once. No dandruff, and relieves the itching.