Neutrogena T/Gel

3.8

Active Ingredient: Coal Tar 0.5% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth-4, Fragrance, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin

on 1/10/2005 9:30:00 PM

I was suffering terribly from eczema and the worst part was it totally affected my scalp. The itching- horrible. When I combed my hair - imagine a heavy snowfall. I paid $40 for a shampoo from a top rated dermatologist that did NOTHING. In total desperation, I bought Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo - not even the large size - 8 oz size I think. OK, cut to the chase, Over a period of time, I used 1/2 the bottle before I was completely cured of all scalp problems and have not had a problem since. If you have dry, flakey, itchy scalp this product will be your savior!

on 9/9/2004 2:50:00 PM

I SWEAR by this product! I have Psoriasis, and its specially bad on my scalp, I've used dozens of prescription shampoos and mousses but Neutregina's T-Gel is the only thing that really keeps it under control. It may dry out the hair a little bit, but i make sure i splurge on a good conditioner. I dont go anywhere without this product, if i dont use it for a week, i'll start to notice flaking and itching.
Also my brother has mild dandruff, told him to try this, and tadaaaaaa its gone!
GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the only thing that has stopped my awful flaky scalp from itching 24/7. The only problem is it's drying out my curly hair, even when I use the method given in an earlier review (with the conditioner on the bottom half of the hair). I'll deal with frizzy hair for now and figure it out later - at least I feel better, and no flakes!

on 7/9/2004 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I used the Stubborn Itch Control Shampoo with 0.5 % Coal Tar. It also contains menthol. This is a dark brown shampoo with a medicinal smell. But this stuff will knock out any persistent scalp itch you may have! My nape always itches and someone reccommended this shampoo. It is very drying, so its probably best to try to limit applying this to the rest of your hair, try to keep it on your scalp. I also let is sit on my scalp for a few minutes before washing it out. The menthol is strong and so if you have sensitive skin, you may want to find a milder shampoo. Follow up with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and you should be fine. I also noticed after using this shampoo, my conditioner worked even better. Overall, a great product for those with persistant itcching and who don't have sensitive skin.

on 4/30/2004 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this every once in a while just to see if one of these days it will work for me, but it always makes the dandruff WORSE! I do that whole thing with leaving it in for a while, but this stuff never yields good results; there are always more flakes after I rinse it out than there were before. Denorex works much better.

Just as winter is coming and going, my husband and I both get horribly itchy dandruff from the weather changes. Every single time this happens I go buy this stuff and it immediately starts making a difference. If its really bad it may take a few washes, but it does work wonderfully and gives relief. One time though I didn't take off my rings and the shampoo got caught underneath it and actually burned the skin under my ring, I guess thats how strong it is! But now I take my rings off before I use it and don't have any problems. Its never burned my scalp though. I think it just burned my finger because it was trapped under my ring for so long.

on 3/22/2004 8:03:00 AM

I bought this after my ordindary dandruff shampoo wasn't working well enough. Cleared up itchy scalp almost instantly. but, like others, I find the smell a bit offputting but it works!!

on 2/1/2004 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am using the extra strenght shampoo. The 2% really burned my scalp...must have different ingredients. As much as I hate using this, it has saved my scalp. I get a lot of sebum buildup on my scalp which is very itchy, and looks gross. I had tried every other product I could find, even prescriptions, and this is the only thing that has helped. I do need to use this twice a week, leaving it on for about 10 mins. I have had no trouble since. Will always repurchase.

on 1/28/2004 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If it was not for this product I would be walking around itching my head all day. I use this even though I spend a FORTUNE having my hair colored. I can not live without this product. I do hope they come out with one for color treated hair.

on 12/29/2003 11:10:00 AM

I have mild eczema on my scalp (along with other parts of my body) and I found that this stuff works pretty well. I have used head and shoulders b4, but that is mostly for dandruff. I use it about once a week and the itching and flakes are gone. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it smells soooo strong! I guess it has to since it's medicated. Just don't use it b4 going on a date! It was a bit pricey, but it will last awhile.