July 28, 2014 | 964 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sleighb7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I warn people with sensitive skin , I applied for maybe two to three days before I got those little flesh colours bumps alllll over my face lasted about a week. Most likely irritation or contact dermatitis so I stopped. Either dilute or use every other day maybe for me to get rid of one problem to be plagued with another was not worth it. Lemon juice was just to strong and harsh on my skin , so be careful :).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Teshara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE LEMON JUICE!, Thanks to this site i have gained a wealth of information about various skin care products. Reading many ppl's experiences helps us to adjust the products to suit our own requirements. Thank you MakeupAlley.
I use fresh lemon juice diluted with water and usually apply it at night on alternate days on my whole face, leave it on for 1 hour & wash off with water, it made my skin smooth, seems to fade acne scars a bit, and is a great pimple spot treatment( i apply undiluted lemon juice on new pimples and just leave it for few hrs, no need to wash off, and next day the pimple is reduced)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cookiesrlife

So I tried this a couple months ago as a nightly toner. I had gotten compliments on how glowing my skin was after only two days of using it (I mixed it with 1 part water and three parts lemon juice that had been freshly squeezed). I was really loving it until the third day, my skin broke out in little bumps in between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and cheekbones, on my nose and forehead! They weren't pimples though and people asked me if I had a bad allergic reaction. Although, I was certain I wasn't allergic to lemons! I tried to be gentle on my skin and after about two weeks they were all gone.

I never tried the lemons again until last week I broke out in cystic acne all over my forehead. I'm a huge zit picker (I know, it's bad). So, by bad habit, I picked them all. I was left with two whiteheads (I forced myself to stop picking those) and dark marks where I had picked the other blemishes.

Because the lemon really helped brighten my skin back then, I decided to just use it on the blemishes and not on the rest of my skin. Using 1 part water and 3 parts lemon juice, I sprayed it on a cotton ball and dabbed it on my face and held it there for 1 hour before bed. After an hour, I took the cotton balls off and just dabbed more lemon juice on to leave over night.

I have been doing that for three days and my scars have noticeably lightened! Hopefully they will be totally gone by next week, which I believe so considering how well the lemon has worked! I haven't broken out at all yet, I think it's because I haven't been using ALL OVER my face.

I'm so grateful! I'm definitely going to purchase some more lemons tonight!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jazirish

After hunting for years for a 'miracle cure' for combination skin (flaky in places, badly congested round the tzone, which flames up in cold weather), I came across the reviews on MUA for using lemon juice. At the end of my tether, I decided that it couldn't hurt to try............five days on and all the flakiness has all but entirely gone and there is a noticeable improvement in my t-zone with no new breakouts. I wish I had discovered this years ago!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by nlakhani

after suffering a break out all over my face i was desperate to try something natural and cheap! and my god after reading reviews on here i tried the lemon juice ritual for four days. i was absolutelt amazed how one fruit can solve problem. my skin started clearing up each night and every morning the blemishes and spots started to vanish. i am still using the juice every night as its so effective. thank u fellow make up alleys! this board seriously changed the way i treat my skin and my skin looks and feels better all after spending 35p! id recommend this to anyone..forget expensive lotions and potions. this is the way forward for beautiful skin!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by zedy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used lemon juice and live yogurt after reading about it on a skin care forum in the UK called beautysnug.com.
Its great because the lemon juice exfoliates and unblocks your pores with a little help form the lactic acid form the yogurt. The yogurt also helps moisturise your skin and provides vitamins.
Its cheap and easy to make and works!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

Lemon juice and coconut oil CLEARED 99% OF MY ACNE. I get whiteheads galore on my forehead, chin, and just to the left and right of my nose (above the cheeks and below my eyes). I have combo skin, but my nose is extremely oily. I've tried so many spot treatments and cleansers, its not even funny. recently i was researching ways to treat acne, and found the best regimen for my skin, like EVER. so morning and night i cleanse with neutrogena scrub. then i use lemon juice on a cotton ball all over my face. and yes, it stung, but only the first or second time i used it. I wait for it to dry. Then, if its morning, i use sukin moisturizer. If its night, i rub coconut oil all over my face and go to bed. I dont use coconut oil in the morning because its not the best make up base. It took about a week, but it cleared a HUGE breakout of pimples all over my face. After doing this for about 3 weeks, i only have two or three very small pimples in the under-eye-upper-cheek area and one of my forehead. Yay!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thank you MUA reviewers! I would have never thought to try lemon juice on my face had it not popped up on the daily reviews. I read at least 100 reviews before trying it and figured, what the heck? I have a few in the fridge anyway. Who knew this little fruit would turn out to be a godsend for my skin? I've been using it for a week and can say for sure that my pores look less noticeable, a few sun spots have lightened up and there's a glow that I hadn't seen in years. I'm happy to say I don't feel the need to use my daily self tanner anymore. Dare I say, I think I may like my skin better without it. I will never turn back to expensive toners as long as this continues to do what it has. :)

I just cut a slice off, squeeze onto a cotton ball and slather all over my face. Wake up and voila! Glowing skin. Amazing!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Ecarr712

Here's the deal, I tried a product (Dermalogica Pre-Cleanser) that broke me out in cystic acne. I had like 4 under the surface huge lumps. Much bigger than I've ever gotten before. I've been using La Roche Posay products for maybe 6 months (BOO). And then I read about lemon juice.

My face has never been soft. I have big pores around my nose. My skin gets oily YET it's flaky. I had about 7 inflamed pimples on my face. (4 cysts, 2 bumps that hadn't headed yet and one big boil like thing right by my nose.

So here's what I did, I cut a quarter of a fresh lemon. Squeezed it a bit to bring the juice to the surface of the lemon. I washed my face with a sulfur soap (it has SA in it but I just ordered Joesoef's Sulfur Soap so we'll see how that goes). I patted my face dry. Then wiped that quarter of a lemon all over my face. OH YEAH.

It stung like nobody's business but I kept it on. It stung for maybe 2 good minutes and then I went to bed..... No moisturizer (I use Argan Oil).

A.M.
I woke up. I ran my hands over my face. It wasn't slightly sticky as last night. It was SMOOTH. I ran to the bathroom thinking, "DID IT WORK?"

And let me tell you..... it sure did.

That boil had headed. One cyst had headed. The other was flattened. And the huge one was less purple-ey. (yuck) All of the bumps had headed.

Also my skin did look more even. Definitely and I have SERIOUS problems with hyper pigmentation. (Big face picker.... was then..... not now).

I washed my face with that sulfur soap and moisturized with Argan Oil. (A couple of drops, rubbed between my hands then patted on).

Then I did one of those...... "put both my hands on the mirror and press my nose against it" maneuvers. MY PORES WERE SO small. That's right small. And clean looking. I thought it was the Argan Oil that was clogging them up but no. My LRP cleanser was. And the toner. And the cream. And the spot treatment. TOO MANY PRODUCTS.

So here I am... bowing down to the holy lemon... in my kitchen.

I am about to attempt my first DIY Vitamin-C Serum. I had one bad experience with Obagi......... never again.

I'll keep you updated on my lemon progress.

I will also keep you all updated on my future reviews of:
Aztec Indian Healing Clay
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask
Dr. Joesoef's 10% Sulfur Soap
Rosewater
DIY Vitamin-C Serum
Jojoba Oil

And thank you MUA community for all of your great input and reviews :)

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one that can say I get terrible acne. Its maybe a few pimples here and there around "that time of the month". However when I do get them, I get scars that just don't go away. I would also say my skin is pretty uneven. I started using lemon juice on my face after every time I exfoliate (which is about 3-4 times a week). I apply it with a cotton ball allover my face, let it set into my skin for a few minutes, and follow up with my Jason vitamin E oil or straight jojoba oil. I noticed my scars fading after the first time I used it about 6 months ago and my redness is gone. I completely recommend this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No