April 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Treatments - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Ecarr712

Here's the deal, I tried a product (Dermalogica Pre-Cleanser) that broke me out in cystic acne. I had like 4 under the surface huge lumps. Much bigger than I've ever gotten before. I've been using La Roche Posay products for maybe 6 months (BOO). And then I read about lemon juice.

My face has never been soft. I have big pores around my nose. My skin gets oily YET it's flaky. I had about 7 inflamed pimples on my face. (4 cysts, 2 bumps that hadn't headed yet and one big boil like thing right by my nose.

So here's what I did, I cut a quarter of a fresh lemon. Squeezed it a bit to bring the juice to the surface of the lemon. I washed my face with a sulfur soap (it has SA in it but I just ordered Joesoef's Sulfur Soap so we'll see how that goes). I patted my face dry. Then wiped that quarter of a lemon all over my face. OH YEAH.

It stung like nobody's business but I kept it on. It stung for maybe 2 good minutes and then I went to bed..... No moisturizer (I use Argan Oil).

A.M.
I woke up. I ran my hands over my face. It wasn't slightly sticky as last night. It was SMOOTH. I ran to the bathroom thinking, "DID IT WORK?"

And let me tell you..... it sure did.

That boil had headed. One cyst had headed. The other was flattened. And the huge one was less purple-ey. (yuck) All of the bumps had headed.

Also my skin did look more even. Definitely and I have SERIOUS problems with hyper pigmentation. (Big face picker.... was then..... not now).

I washed my face with that sulfur soap and moisturized with Argan Oil. (A couple of drops, rubbed between my hands then patted on).

Then I did one of those...... "put both my hands on the mirror and press my nose against it" maneuvers. MY PORES WERE SO small. That's right small. And clean looking. I thought it was the Argan Oil that was clogging them up but no. My LRP cleanser was. And the toner. And the cream. And the spot treatment. TOO MANY PRODUCTS.

So here I am... bowing down to the holy lemon... in my kitchen.

I am about to attempt my first DIY Vitamin-C Serum. I had one bad experience with Obagi......... never again.

I'll keep you updated on my lemon progress.

I will also keep you all updated on my future reviews of:
Aztec Indian Healing Clay
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask
Dr. Joesoef's 10% Sulfur Soap
Rosewater
DIY Vitamin-C Serum
Jojoba Oil

And thank you MUA community for all of your great input and reviews :)

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one that can say I get terrible acne. Its maybe a few pimples here and there around "that time of the month". However when I do get them, I get scars that just don't go away. I would also say my skin is pretty uneven. I started using lemon juice on my face after every time I exfoliate (which is about 3-4 times a week). I apply it with a cotton ball allover my face, let it set into my skin for a few minutes, and follow up with my Jason vitamin E oil or straight jojoba oil. I noticed my scars fading after the first time I used it about 6 months ago and my redness is gone. I completely recommend this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

During summer my best friend and I used to juice up to 10 lemons and squirt the juice into our hair and bask in the sun hoping for blonde hair. We found this to be the most effective and cheapest method to adding some light color into our hair without harmful chemicals. After applying to hair, we left it on for about 30 minutes and i could see a bit of lightness the next day in my hair color. Lemon juice is great for a variety of things ranging from hair management, skin serums, and anti-bacterial properties for first aid purposes. Lemons are such as handy fruit to have around the house; you can do just about anything with them!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I folllow Kandee Johnson's lemon juice & sugar face scrub. It works really and its dead cheap. I do see the merits of lemon juice especially as its natural. However I would like to add a note of caution to leaving it on regularly overnight or during the day.

In the UK there was a TV presenter called Gillian McKeith who had a series called "You are what you eat". Much of what she said was good advice, but she recommended drinking every day a glass of warm water with lemon juice in it - to help clear out your system. I followed this and over a number of months my teeth changed colour (not whiter) I didn't realise until I saw my dentist that by drinking water & lemon regularly, I had removed a lot of the enamel of my teeth! Fortunately my teeth are ok, but I can see in some parts they are translucent from the acid erosion.

My advice folks, is that be aware lemon is acidic and treat with some caution. If you do use it on your face, I would definitely recommend using a sunblock.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jodieho

I am a vain pot who is still trying very hard to get rid of all the blemishes that are on my face; blemishes that are as rebellious as I am (they just refuse to go away!!!). I have been visiting the dermatologist (not forgetting donating tonnes of my money to his clinic too!) for about a year now and I have not seen any improvements. Initially, yes; but once my skin started to get "use" to the oral medication, all "healing process" seemed to have stopped. Breakouts and blemishes became my best friends. I've gone for so many treatments -- peeling, diamond peel and scrubs. All went in vain. So what did I do?

I stopped seeing the dermatologist.
I stopped taking the oral medication.
I stopped going for facial peeling.
I went to a local pharmacy and got a prescription for antibiotics for breakouts (Doxycylin).
I started using only Dettol bar soap as face wash.

So far, still no significant improvements -- just yet.

Frustrated, I searched in the internet on remedies for blemished skin and also acne-prone skin; and stumbled upon this webpage that talks about The Lemon. Yes, the citrus fruit that is yellow in colour. The super-sourish-face-twisting fruit. There are many reviews and posts about how it is a miracle water and how it has helped "people like me" solve our "problems".

So after spending 2 solid days reading, reading and reading, I bought a packet of lemons from the grocer's downstairs, 2 days ago. When I got home, I gave them a good wash and then sliced them into halves for juicing. Gosh, my bottle of pure lemon juice looks so yummy! Makes me want to gobble it down like a...a..a...FRUIT JUICE! Hahahaha!

Storage : It has been adviced to keep fresh lemon juice in the fridge. It's either this or you freeze it and turn it into ice cubes. But since I will be using it on a very frequent basis, I kept it in the fridge.

If you have read the comments and reviews page, you will know by now that the bottle of lemon juice, which I had so pain-painstakingly extracted, will be used as my face toner. Yes, you heard that right. F-A-C-E T-O-N-E-R.

So what I did that night after my shower was...

Step 1:
I washed my face thoroughly with a mild face soap. Washed off the soap bubbles and then pat dried my face with a clean towel.

Step 2:
I stood in front of a table fan, turned it on at full blast and let the wind air-dry my face to make sure that it's completely dry.

Step 3:
Went back into the bathroom, took out 2 pieces of facial cotton and applied the "toner" (lemon juice) onto one of them. I then started applying the juice on the affected part of my face i.e. left cheek, right cheek, forehead and chin. Please ensure that you AVOID your eyes! The minute I applied the juice onto my cheeks, the stinging sensation kicked-in full force BUT it was only temporary. It lasted only for about 10 seconds before the sting disappeared. Standing in front of a table fan / air-conditioner will help ease the stinging feeling you have on your face.

Step 4:
I repeated step 3 with a the 2nd facial cotton.

Note : According to most of the comments in "that" webpage, most of them left the juice on their faces for only 10 minutes, and then they wash it off. Only a handful of them left the juice on their faces overnight; and some use them as their facial toner (meaning, they left it on their faces all the time). I decided to follow the latter.

Step 5:
Let the juice air-dry on your face.

Note : According to some of the reviews, you can then slap on your night moisturiser and bla bla bla but I didn't. I just ended the regime with the juice on my face as my toner as I wasn't too sure what the reaction would be if I had mixed the lemon juice with an over-the-counter moisturiser. Wasn't too sure what were the contents in the moisturiser.

WHAT I HAVE NOTICED

1. After applying the juice on my face for about 10 minutes, I noticed that the redness on my face DID in fact, lessen. Instead of being reddish and raw-like, it had actually turned a lighter tone.

2. The huge zit on my forehead, which I had "removed" prior to the application, turned into the size of a white head (and I am not exaggerating here).

3. After leaving it overnight on my face, I woke up to a very radiant looking skinned face. No dryness. Just very supple and smooth. The redness is still there, of course, but much much lighter than it was the night before.

I am still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this will be the miracle that I have been searching for, for so long!

I applied it again the next morning, after washing my face. I then slapped on my moisturiser and face sunblock. Results? I got home after work, gave my face a good thorough wash and was surprised (yet again) to see the blemishes and acne on my face reduced significantly.

I have started a "face diary" (I named it PROJECT LEMON) to monitor the results and improvements. So far, in just 2 days, significant difference!

Definitely going to continue using the Miracle Juice and jotting down its progress!

TooDLES!

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by hiantigone

I was really skeptical at first when I looked up using lemon juice to use as a toner, but my skin was not responding to any other treatment, so I gave it a shot. I can not even begin to express my positive results! Not only does it keep me from breaking out, it's also lightening my past acne scars, and keeping my skin from getting oily throughout the day. I highly recommend this for those out there not getting results with regular acne products!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MitaUd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works really well when used with yogurt and a small pinch of cinnamon.i only use a slice from a small lemon so that it is not too concentrated for my skin.Helps with acne marks,acne scars and most pimples in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by imtshirui

A few months back I started breaking out badly between my brows. It all started as little whiteheads and then those little bastards turned to cystic acne. I was so depressed. I refuse to go to the dermatologist because I have been there before and it didn't really solve my skin problem. My first horrible break out happened after I went to thread my brows! I broke out all over my forehead. It was so gross. After the break out has calmed down, I learnt my lesson by not doing any sort of threading. Sadly, a few months back, I went to do my eyebrows. This time round the lady shaved the area around of eyebrows. TADAH... My skin happened again... I tried facial, but it didn't work. And I was told by my friend that if you do facial, you have to be consistent. I wish I could be consistent but nah... I don't have the money for that. I tried using honey, but it gave me little red spots on my cheeks. So I stopped using honey. I tried using BENZAC AC 2.5% and it helped to kill the cystic acne I had between my brows. But my skin was left with red marks and my forehead is still breaking out... FWAHHH so annoying. But anyway, sorry for being long winded. I have been using freshly squeezed lemon juice for every alternative days. I have noticed that when I sleep with lemon juice on my face, I do not wake up in the morning with an oily face. I could see the red marks on my face getting slightly better, but still noticeable. I only tap it on the spots on my face instead of my entire face though. I'm not sure if lemon will entirely get rid of red spots or acne... But I will continue using it and update again. You should give it a try:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Shaylene08

Hi everyone! My name is shay, I am 26, and I want to share my Acne story. I grew up with horrible acne all over my face. You couldn't touch a single spot on my face that didn't have a pimple or cyst. They were painful and extremely embarrassing. I've been on birth control since I was 13 to help calm things down.. That hasn't worked. I've also been on EVERY antibiotic/topical/wash you can think of... Seriously, I think all I've done is create super pimples! Proactive worked for about a year... Then my super pimples broke through! This past year I have been in nursing school and the one thing I noticed was that we always cleaned wounds with saline (salt water). The past 6 months I have been using salt water on my face and I have been PIMPLE FREE!! Here's what I do:
* keep a roll of paper towels in your bathroom. Every morning as night follow this routine.
1. Soak paper towel in hot water (as hot as you feel comfortable with--don't burn yourself). Then just simply wipe he grime off of your face.
2. Sprinkle a dime sized pinch of sea salt-- not iodized! I prefer Mediterranean, it Atlantic has been doing the trick haha. Pour a little bit of water into the palm with the salt.
3. Rub salt and water together.
4. Pat your face with the salty water.
5. Let it air dry. That's it! Don't wash it off. Yes, your face may feel slightly gritty, but it's a lot better than having pimples everywhere!

---- due to all of my pimples growing up, I have several scars on my face. Tonight was my first time rubbing a raw lemon on my face, and I already see a difference.

*** if you're looking to clear up your face, TRY this routine. It was the best thing I've ever done! No more stupid co-pays at the dermatologist, no more prescription refills, no more expensive over the counter crap.

Good luck everyone!!

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by harrietlouise99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using lemons after reading all the reviews. I was quite sceptical, as normally I don't believe in any of this natural product hype. I prefer the expensive creams! But I have a little acne scarring and nothing else was working. Trust me, I didn't think this would either but...

My god!! TWO DAYS of using lemon juice on my face and I already see a difference - didn't think that was possible!!

I use it as a nightly toner, a few drops of undiluted lemon juice on a wet cotton pad. Normally I wake up with very oily and dull skin - not with lemon!

My skin is softer, smoother, less oily, but more importantly (and more unbelievably) - it's more even and glowy.

i have combination skin but the lemon didnt dry it out because it was diluted.

FANTASTIC!!! Even if you don't believe me, just try for a couple of days...lemons are super cheap so you won't lose out and you'll be happy to eat your words, like I am!