November 24, 2014 | 1981 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Ladies! This is my favorite part about makeup alley... being able to get new ideas, try them, and share with everybody my experience... all of us women will do just about anythingto to have a glowing face- free of dark spots, enlarged pores, and acne or occasional break outs. I have been using lemon for just under a month, and it has really improved many problemed areas on my face.
I started out just squeezing the juice of one lemon, adding a tiny bit of water, and applying it like a toner to my face (morning and night). I know this is natural and rather in-expensive (compared to how much some people spend on skin care products), but I was using a lemon everyday and I wanted to see if there was a way to use the lemon for more than just the juice...
I went to the store, bought 3 lemons, squeezed the juice and added it (along with equal parts of water) to a small spray bottle i had saved and was laying around. I used the spray bottle to spray it on my face and used a foam make up pad (that doesnt soak up as much moister as a cotton ball) to make sure it covers my whole face. Make sure you put your hair back and I also like to use a head wrap to make sure none of it gets on my hair, as it can lighten it when you go in the sun. I hated using cotton balls because it soaked up so much of the lemon juice, it almost seemed like a waste- so I LOVED using it this way instead. I did started out doing this morning and night, and after two weeks i switched to night only because my face had already looked so much better. The few little random blemishes I had were gone, I have uneven skin on my chin, and i noticed that the tone was almost the same as the skin on the rest of ny face. My two little scars I had that were flat and red from acne a while back were no longer red and you almost couldnt even tell where these spots were. The best part was the glow of my face. It looked beautiful and healthy. My skin feels a bit tighter and I dont NEED a primer that is used spicifically for large pores- because i had none. I was amazed, i really was...
So after such a shock as to how well this worked, I started using other parts of the lemon. I grinded up the lemon rind, added a tad of the lemon juice, about a tablespoon of coconut oil (which is another FABULOUS product, all natural), and a tad of honey... I rubbed this on my face and let it sit like a mask. It smells wonderful, the rind of the lemon felt like a gentle exfoliator and for those of you who arent comfortable with the 'harshness' of the lemon juice by itself- you can use this as a more mild way to get that glowing skin. I played around a bit and tried a few new things after doing a bit of research... if you have really dry skin, try adding a tablespoon of evaporated milk, or an egg white to your mask. If you are looking for a little more rough of an exfoliator- add a tablespoon of sugar to your lemon/rind/water/honey mix (although i tried the sugat and didnt care for it because it was a tad harsh in conjunction with all the lemon, and it burned a bit more than normal... ) but if you have some dead skin you want to exfoliate off, try the sugar and decrease the amount of lemon you add... I have tried all of these methods and had luck with all of them...
lastly, if ANY of these methods dry your skin out, or make it a bit more sensitive- DONT GIVE UP! try using it every other day or a couple times per week. MAKE SURE you always moisturize with a good lotion with spf before putting your make up on- as lemon CAN make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Those who use a tanning bed, im not sure if i would use this at all unless you plan on covering your face. After you get the results you had hoped for, and i can promise that you will- im that confident, cut back to twice a week to maintain this beautiful glow, which is what i am doing now.. I would absolutley recommend this product to anyone who has problemed areas on their face, on their neck and even on your chest, anyone who is at a standstill with their current facial regimen or anyone who wants to try something new and fresh- this is totally for you. You can make the rules with this product- which is why its so amazing... you can tailor the ingredients to fit your wants and needs... you know exactly what is going on your face and you will decrease your chances of having a bad reaction to this all natural product because there arent 65 different chemicals. Trying something new is always exciting, so have fun with it. You will be smiling with the results you get, i promise <3

24 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Mizou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not the kind of person that write reviews about anything. I was forced by my own results to create an account and write a review. I have extremely oily face. I'm acne prone. I hate wearing make up because of my skin condition. I usually look like I'm wearing a mask after a good 30 min with make up on. To make a long story short, I have been using lemon on my face for the past two weeks. My face look great. I am getting complements. My pores are getting smaller, my oily skin is getting less oily. Most of my dark spots are almost gone. I'm falling in love with lemon juice. I'm still afraid to wear any make up because I'm scared that make up will ruin my great invention. I'm an indoor person, so I will make sure to not go on the sun unless I wear some UV cream. I'm so happy, happy, happy. :)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

Lemon juice is a skin-saver. Honestly. I've been using it for about two weeks now at night, squeezing fresh lemon juice into a ball and dabbing it on my face using cotton balls. The stinging sensation is annoying but certainly not painful, and certainly worthwhile! It tightens up your pores so quickly and makes your face feel clean and healthy. I feel like it counteracts redness as well. I was personally looking for something to keep my skin clear before prom, and I think I've found it c:

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by alison000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is acne-prone, sensitive, reactive, and intolerant. I was dealing with a never-ending cycle of breakouts and irritation. Desperate, I sent my boyfriend out to buy two organic lemons. Based on info provided on several websites, I decided to apply the juice from 1/4 of a lemon and leave it on my face from 30 minutes. The next day I noticed that my skin appeared slightly more irritated and dry. I concluded that lemon juice was not the answer to my acne hell. Apparently, I was wrong - miracles do happen. When I woke up on the second day after treatment, 90% of my acne was gone, hypigmentation was reduced by 25%, and irritation was reduced by 50%. I would not suggest lemon juice treatments on a daily basis, nor would I suggest leaving lemon juice on for extended periods of time. Finally, I would cut out products with AHA, BHA, and other acids while using lemon juice. However, I believe that lemon juice is more effective than any other over the counter acne treatment.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Sillymessyface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe the amount of money I've been spending on expensive products to get rid of my acne when lemon was the answer!
I'm 29 now and been struggling with acne since my teens. I've used ALL the products known to mankind: cheap products, expensive products, pharmacy products, luxury brands, antibiotics recommended by my GP, the contraceptive pill... Nothing ever worked, I would always have a few of those huge red cystic pimples around my chin and cheeks that would leave a red flat scar on my very fair skin for months, whether I would touch them or not. Lately it was getting worse having my skin covered in little bumps like braille characters, if you gave my face to a blind person they would have reading material for hours! (haha no offence)

I'm amazed at how lemon juice has almost gotten rid of all this in LESS THAN ONE WEEK! I use it as a toner diluted with a few drops of water and rub it on my face with a cotton ball, then leave it overnight. I do the same in the morning and apply my moisturizer with UV protection. Of course it stings quite a lot (it's lemon, DUH!), especially if you have open wounds or if you've been picking on your skin, but the stinging disappears in a few minutes. If you find it too drying, try to team it with a honey mask, another nice product against acne and scars.

My scars are fading, my skin is almost smooth, the little braille bumps are disappearing and I'm not getting any more red pimples!
Go natural, people!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sinthuja19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this on my acne before going to sleep. It can get quite messy but it works. If your leaving this on your face overnight the only con to it is it can get sticky. Be warned that this product does stingy your face, but it prevents and controls your acne and it also is natural. It also helps to fade away the scars too. This is a cheap and good alternative to use if you want to try something natural without breaking the bank.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sleighb7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I warn people with sensitive skin , I applied for maybe two to three days before I got those little flesh colours bumps alllll over my face lasted about a week. Most likely irritation or contact dermatitis so I stopped. Either dilute or use every other day maybe for me to get rid of one problem to be plagued with another was not worth it. Lemon juice was just to strong and harsh on my skin , so be careful :).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Teshara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE LEMON JUICE!, Thanks to this site i have gained a wealth of information about various skin care products. Reading many ppl's experiences helps us to adjust the products to suit our own requirements. Thank you MakeupAlley.
I use fresh lemon juice diluted with water and usually apply it at night on alternate days on my whole face, leave it on for 1 hour & wash off with water, it made my skin smooth, seems to fade acne scars a bit, and is a great pimple spot treatment( i apply undiluted lemon juice on new pimples and just leave it for few hrs, no need to wash off, and next day the pimple is reduced)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cookiesrlife

So I tried this a couple months ago as a nightly toner. I had gotten compliments on how glowing my skin was after only two days of using it (I mixed it with 1 part water and three parts lemon juice that had been freshly squeezed). I was really loving it until the third day, my skin broke out in little bumps in between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and cheekbones, on my nose and forehead! They weren't pimples though and people asked me if I had a bad allergic reaction. Although, I was certain I wasn't allergic to lemons! I tried to be gentle on my skin and after about two weeks they were all gone.

I never tried the lemons again until last week I broke out in cystic acne all over my forehead. I'm a huge zit picker (I know, it's bad). So, by bad habit, I picked them all. I was left with two whiteheads (I forced myself to stop picking those) and dark marks where I had picked the other blemishes.

Because the lemon really helped brighten my skin back then, I decided to just use it on the blemishes and not on the rest of my skin. Using 1 part water and 3 parts lemon juice, I sprayed it on a cotton ball and dabbed it on my face and held it there for 1 hour before bed. After an hour, I took the cotton balls off and just dabbed more lemon juice on to leave over night.

I have been doing that for three days and my scars have noticeably lightened! Hopefully they will be totally gone by next week, which I believe so considering how well the lemon has worked! I haven't broken out at all yet, I think it's because I haven't been using ALL OVER my face.

I'm so grateful! I'm definitely going to purchase some more lemons tonight!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jazirish

After hunting for years for a 'miracle cure' for combination skin (flaky in places, badly congested round the tzone, which flames up in cold weather), I came across the reviews on MUA for using lemon juice. At the end of my tether, I decided that it couldn't hurt to try............five days on and all the flakiness has all but entirely gone and there is a noticeable improvement in my t-zone with no new breakouts. I wish I had discovered this years ago!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No