September 2, 2014 | 1844 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by alison000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is acne-prone, sensitive, reactive, and intolerant. I was dealing with a never-ending cycle of breakouts and irritation. Desperate, I sent my boyfriend out to buy two organic lemons. Based on info provided on several websites, I decided to apply the juice from 1/4 of a lemon and leave it on my face from 30 minutes. The next day I noticed that my skin appeared slightly more irritated and dry. I concluded that lemon juice was not the answer to my acne hell. Apparently, I was wrong - miracles do happen. When I woke up on the second day after treatment, 90% of my acne was gone, hypigmentation was reduced by 25%, and irritation was reduced by 50%. I would not suggest lemon juice treatments on a daily basis, nor would I suggest leaving lemon juice on for extended periods of time. Finally, I would cut out products with AHA, BHA, and other acids while using lemon juice. However, I believe that lemon juice is more effective than any other over the counter acne treatment.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Sillymessyface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe the amount of money I've been spending on expensive products to get rid of my acne when lemon was the answer!
I'm 29 now and been struggling with acne since my teens. I've used ALL the products known to mankind: cheap products, expensive products, pharmacy products, luxury brands, antibiotics recommended by my GP, the contraceptive pill... Nothing ever worked, I would always have a few of those huge red cystic pimples around my chin and cheeks that would leave a red flat scar on my very fair skin for months, whether I would touch them or not. Lately it was getting worse having my skin covered in little bumps like braille characters, if you gave my face to a blind person they would have reading material for hours! (haha no offence)

I'm amazed at how lemon juice has almost gotten rid of all this in LESS THAN ONE WEEK! I use it as a toner diluted with a few drops of water and rub it on my face with a cotton ball, then leave it overnight. I do the same in the morning and apply my moisturizer with UV protection. Of course it stings quite a lot (it's lemon, DUH!), especially if you have open wounds or if you've been picking on your skin, but the stinging disappears in a few minutes. If you find it too drying, try to team it with a honey mask, another nice product against acne and scars.

My scars are fading, my skin is almost smooth, the little braille bumps are disappearing and I'm not getting any more red pimples!
Go natural, people!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sinthuja19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this on my acne before going to sleep. It can get quite messy but it works. If your leaving this on your face overnight the only con to it is it can get sticky. Be warned that this product does stingy your face, but it prevents and controls your acne and it also is natural. It also helps to fade away the scars too. This is a cheap and good alternative to use if you want to try something natural without breaking the bank.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sleighb7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I warn people with sensitive skin , I applied for maybe two to three days before I got those little flesh colours bumps alllll over my face lasted about a week. Most likely irritation or contact dermatitis so I stopped. Either dilute or use every other day maybe for me to get rid of one problem to be plagued with another was not worth it. Lemon juice was just to strong and harsh on my skin , so be careful :).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Teshara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE LEMON JUICE!, Thanks to this site i have gained a wealth of information about various skin care products. Reading many ppl's experiences helps us to adjust the products to suit our own requirements. Thank you MakeupAlley.
I use fresh lemon juice diluted with water and usually apply it at night on alternate days on my whole face, leave it on for 1 hour & wash off with water, it made my skin smooth, seems to fade acne scars a bit, and is a great pimple spot treatment( i apply undiluted lemon juice on new pimples and just leave it for few hrs, no need to wash off, and next day the pimple is reduced)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cookiesrlife

So I tried this a couple months ago as a nightly toner. I had gotten compliments on how glowing my skin was after only two days of using it (I mixed it with 1 part water and three parts lemon juice that had been freshly squeezed). I was really loving it until the third day, my skin broke out in little bumps in between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and cheekbones, on my nose and forehead! They weren't pimples though and people asked me if I had a bad allergic reaction. Although, I was certain I wasn't allergic to lemons! I tried to be gentle on my skin and after about two weeks they were all gone.

I never tried the lemons again until last week I broke out in cystic acne all over my forehead. I'm a huge zit picker (I know, it's bad). So, by bad habit, I picked them all. I was left with two whiteheads (I forced myself to stop picking those) and dark marks where I had picked the other blemishes.

Because the lemon really helped brighten my skin back then, I decided to just use it on the blemishes and not on the rest of my skin. Using 1 part water and 3 parts lemon juice, I sprayed it on a cotton ball and dabbed it on my face and held it there for 1 hour before bed. After an hour, I took the cotton balls off and just dabbed more lemon juice on to leave over night.

I have been doing that for three days and my scars have noticeably lightened! Hopefully they will be totally gone by next week, which I believe so considering how well the lemon has worked! I haven't broken out at all yet, I think it's because I haven't been using ALL OVER my face.

I'm so grateful! I'm definitely going to purchase some more lemons tonight!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jazirish

After hunting for years for a 'miracle cure' for combination skin (flaky in places, badly congested round the tzone, which flames up in cold weather), I came across the reviews on MUA for using lemon juice. At the end of my tether, I decided that it couldn't hurt to try............five days on and all the flakiness has all but entirely gone and there is a noticeable improvement in my t-zone with no new breakouts. I wish I had discovered this years ago!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by nlakhani

after suffering a break out all over my face i was desperate to try something natural and cheap! and my god after reading reviews on here i tried the lemon juice ritual for four days. i was absolutelt amazed how one fruit can solve problem. my skin started clearing up each night and every morning the blemishes and spots started to vanish. i am still using the juice every night as its so effective. thank u fellow make up alleys! this board seriously changed the way i treat my skin and my skin looks and feels better all after spending 35p! id recommend this to anyone..forget expensive lotions and potions. this is the way forward for beautiful skin!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by zedy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used lemon juice and live yogurt after reading about it on a skin care forum in the UK called beautysnug.com.
Its great because the lemon juice exfoliates and unblocks your pores with a little help form the lactic acid form the yogurt. The yogurt also helps moisturise your skin and provides vitamins.
Its cheap and easy to make and works!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

Lemon juice and coconut oil CLEARED 99% OF MY ACNE. I get whiteheads galore on my forehead, chin, and just to the left and right of my nose (above the cheeks and below my eyes). I have combo skin, but my nose is extremely oily. I've tried so many spot treatments and cleansers, its not even funny. recently i was researching ways to treat acne, and found the best regimen for my skin, like EVER. so morning and night i cleanse with neutrogena scrub. then i use lemon juice on a cotton ball all over my face. and yes, it stung, but only the first or second time i used it. I wait for it to dry. Then, if its morning, i use sukin moisturizer. If its night, i rub coconut oil all over my face and go to bed. I dont use coconut oil in the morning because its not the best make up base. It took about a week, but it cleared a HUGE breakout of pimples all over my face. After doing this for about 3 weeks, i only have two or three very small pimples in the under-eye-upper-cheek area and one of my forehead. Yay!!!