Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

on 8/28/2005 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is too bright for me. I prefer "pale pink" by bobbi Brown to tone down my lips a little bit and still brighten my face while still looking really natural. I have fair skin, yellow undertones, dark hair, blue/green eyes and very pigmented lips.

on 8/10/2005 9:13:00 PM

I have a very warm skintone and reddish hair so pink is not generally a color I can pull off. This shade was part of the 'Best of..' lip palette I got a couple of years ago and I loved the color so much I finally bought a tube. It is the only pink I will ever be able to wear.

on 7/14/2005 9:52:00 AM

This is a pink-beige lipstick. It lasts forever and is not drying. I line with Chanel Nude lipliner and top it off with BB Buff Gloss. The result is a putty colored lip which looks awesome with BB Grey/Slate shadows. FYI: I am fair with blue eyes and blonde hair.

on 6/13/2005 12:11:00 AM

This is a pretty shade, a very neutral beige pink. It's probably the most neutral of BB's lipstick shades. Because it's completely matte and so neutral it's difficult to pull off wearing it completely by itself. When I try to wear this by itself I look like death warmed over. With a gloss over it (such as Bobbi's Buff), it's a very nice nude lip, especially if you like a nude lip that is not too brown or orangey.

on 3/10/2005 3:57:00 AM

This one resembles Pale Pink (which I prefer) but is slightly different as I detect more beige tones in it. I like it, but it can wash me out if I'm wearing the wrong clothes, the wrong blush or if I'm tired. I still like it tough, just not as much as Pale Pink, which I adore.
As usual, BB l/s are slightly drying, but have superb staying power and don't wear off when drinking or eating.
For your reference: I'm LLL, neutral to yellow, brown hair, blue-grey eyes, medium pigmented lips. continued >>

on 3/1/2005 3:52:00 PM

Nice pinky nude lipstick. Formula is a little drying, but not bad. This one is very easy to wear, but looks best topped with a little gloss IMO. Flattering on most people I would guess.

on 9/23/2004 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Very pretty neutral...my lips only better!!

This is my #1 lipstick. I read other's reviews and noticed that there were some complaints about the scent. It smells like lipstick. It's not perfumed. I didn't think it was a super-strong smell, I didn't even notice a scent. I really don't see any value in putting fragrance on my lips, perhaps if I found it strongly bad-smelling it would be a problem. I do like scented cosmetics (Sepora lippies and Estee Lauder's Pure Color Lipstick do smell nice to me) but I can really go without it. All that being said, I like this color immensely. It is a brown-toned pink that does not turn one bit orange or fushia. It's a bit lighter than my natural lip color, maybe a bit lighter than I dream of, but it plays well for daytime wear, with darker eyes, and is a professional matt color. I rarely go for the dark lip look so this is great. I am getting tired of the cost of BB and similar cosmetics though.

on 7/16/2004 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Dirty Pink! I think they picked sandwash because they didn't want to say dirty pink! It's a pretty nice lipstick.

on 3/5/2004 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had heard great things about this shade and how it would look lovely with my fair complexion, however, as soon as I applied it the SMELL/TASTE was so bad (this is my first BB lipstick so I can't speak for the others), that I just put it away and never tried it again. The color seemed all right but nothing miraculous. I am always on the search of the PERFECT lipstick that looks understated without making me look washed out....I'm still hunting.

Popular Lipsticks