Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

3.9

on 6/11/2011 6:19:00 AM

This has become my favourite scent because of its citric, woodsy freshness. It's got a lovely soft iris scent, but it's not too floral. The only downside for me is that it doesn't last as long as a lot of other EDPs - after a few hours, I find the fresh top notes have gone, although the sweeter base notes last while. Well worth a refresh spray! A beautiful, fresh but very feminine scent.

on 5/31/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This fragrance is my new HG. And trust me when I say that that statement is one that I almost NEVER make. It is clean, refined, lightly floral and fresh. My only complaint is the fact that it disappears so quickly. Why oh why Prada must you play with my emotions?! The drydown moves flawlessly from top to bottom. The quality in the ingredients as well as the composition is amazing. But like I said, the staying power is minimal at best and for that I've knocked off a lippie :/

on 5/27/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a recent trip to Rome and I fell in love with it. To me, it starts off smelling like Johnssons baby shampoo. As it dries down it becomes powdery and light. I can't stop smelling it and my boyfriend loves it too, and he HATES perfume. Highly reccomend it.

on 5/25/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This goes straight into my top 10. I'd liked the idea of iris for years but never bought one, and always thought that Prada fragrances were prohibitively pricey. Tested it a couple of weeks ago and was immediately taken aback by the elegance, coolness and facets of this. Loved especially the vetiver and slight unisex edge. It was light, like many had said, yet there was something tenacious, familiar and amazingly comfortable in the drydown that still never lost its slight distance. Infusion d'Iris is like someone you know intimately who retains a little mystery that keeps you hooked.
I had to get the big 6 oz. bottle (an amazing deal really) - like my HG Cabochard, it's so me, and I never want to be without it!

on 5/10/2011 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go-to perfume for spring and summer. It is fresh and light, and I always get compliments when I wear it. I must admit, I'm a sucker for nice packaging, and I love the way this bottle looks lined up with all my perfumes, or peeking out of my makeup bag. I would agree that it doesn't last a super long time, but I wouldn't say it's any shorter-lasting than other EDPs out there. Just take it with you and admire the bottle when you touch up.

I love this scent! I get a clean floral with notes of green tea. And I swear I smell a slightly spicy note, maybe black peppercorn? It's a good clean smell with a kick. I love it so much, I even find myself spraying it on at bedtime...love the way this lingers on my sheets as well!

on 5/1/2011 10:03:00 AM

Don't get all the hype!! Thanks goodness I got a sample of this from Sephora. All I can say is Stink! Stank! Stunk!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this perfume. It's different from the other things out there. I was looking for something young, in an european kind of way and not the screechingly loud miley cyrus type of young, and this comes pretty close.

It is really soft, and slightly powdery. When you smell it up close, there's a slight bitterness to it, but I like that. It reminds me of Paris Fashion Week. I don't know why, but it evokes the image of the Grand Palais.

It lasts pretty well on me. I put this on, took a shower 4 hours later, and I could still smell it after that. Plus, I have dry skin, so I don't know why other people say this doesn't last. Perfume is supposed to last longer on moisturised skin?

I only gave this 4 lippies even though I would buy it again is because it doesn't exactly give me what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that is slightly more natural.

The sephora SA said this doesn't sell very well and that's a MAJOR PLUS for me. I don't like having the same fragrance as everyone else (ala coco mademoiselle).

My experience with this has been negative. Every time I am reminded of this product I think of this story.
I was SO excited to try this upon its debut, available only at Neiman Marcus. On a trip to the city I went out of my way to go to a Neiman Marcus just to buy this.
My plebeian Visa card (with an unused $6,500 limit) was completely unacceptable at Neiman Marcus and their apparent 'NO POORS!' policy. I'm surprised they didn't have security escort me out for being so 'working class'.
So anyway I was too tired to go to an ATM for the cash and by that point disenchanted with their pretentious elitism.
And for that I will never buy anything Prada or anything from Neiman Marcus.
(But yeah, I did try on the perfume before I attempted to purchase it and it was pleasant, soft, very subtle and it faded SO FAST {and it's a PARFUM?!} so I don't think I'm really missing out)
Don't bother buying this unless you are ostentatious and gauche enough to also own $1200 cashmere pajamas, couture everything, and a Maybach to go with it or you'll never be good enough for anything Prada!

I love this scent! A fellow basenoter kindly sent me some samples -it was love at first try! Iris has for so long been very hard to produce for perfumery that it gives a elegant moneied air to the wearer -even when you're wearing jeans and a tee! I love the lotion too -I bought a giftset at a discounter.I find that I also like -well everything else I've tried from the line so far -mens too.

Popular Fragrances