April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by LadyDianeC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NC45 for reference this color is the bomb and I I'll pick myself up a back up at the CCO I just seen it there. This I wear with my freak him dress..lol. This lippie is a showstopper and you will get noticed with this one for sure. It's a gorgeous bright fushia color with maybe some red or blue undertones, really love this lippie. Ladies especially my brown skinned divas need to get this lippies, check it out at the CCO and if you don't like take it back, You have to play up with this one, use different liners and glosses until you find your perfect way to wear it, I can play this up or down, I usually just wear it with some fuschia liner from Jordana and no gloss, I want the lippie to shine on it's own. I'll repurchase if I need to.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by productlady58

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely a shocker color. I am very fair and this color did NOT look good on me. Much too bright. If I was younger and tanner it would look great :) I will say I love that it has blue undertones. My teeth did look mega white!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

absolutely amazing bright fuschia with teeth-flattering blue undertones. i find that some of these have such obvz blue undertones that it makes the l/s almost purple, therefore, making your teeth look yellow... but this is not the case. this lipstick is to die for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in love! this is a very bright fuschia lipstick with a velvet finish and gives my makeup a very funky kick!!!! love it aaalllll the way!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by jlau22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Greatttt colour like nothing I've seen out there! It's that kind of fuchsia pink purple Orchid colour (as the name states). What you see is exactly what you get, from the tube to your lips. I work at a pretty casual company so I can wear the colour every day if I wanted, but it probably isn't an everyday colour for everyone. Another plus, as for other MAC lip products, it has that vanilla, cocoa kind of scent, really pleasant (b/f loves it!). Because its limited addition (permanent pro i believe) I'm getting a backup for sure! An awesome colour for those who aren't afraid of the BRIGHT and BOLD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I purchased this as part of the 2009 Colour Ready Collection when I saw all the salesgirls with it on and fell in love with it. The Colour Ready Collection came with 2 shades of lipsticks: impassioned, which is a bright peachy-orange hue, and show orchid, which is a vibrant fuchsia colour. I tried both on and orchid was definitely the most flattering. Everytime I wear this, I get noticed though some of my conservative friends don't like this on me. I loved this color in the winter when my NC35 skin was more pale. However, I disagree with others that this looks good on all skintones. Recently, I tanned and became a few shades darker and paired with my ultra-dark bronzer (Too Faced Chocolate Soleil), the show orchid was a really bad combo. This is because the show orchid has blue undertones and does not look good with brown tones in my opinion. I will definitely save this for winter but will stay away from it for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by rosebudzmom

Absolutely love this lipstick! Initially I didn't pick this up when it came out in the regular stores but went back and bought it after a friend of mine said she saw it on one of her friends and how awesome it looked. I can say it's bright, bold and Beautiful! I like to wear it with Magnatique Lipglass or you could wear it with Tender Tryst Cthru Lip Colour. What a creamy, awesome shade to wear! Nobody can ignore u with this lippie!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by estherwest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a favourite lipstick of mine. The colour is totally WOW! I've had it for about six months and there aren't that many situations where it is wearable (because it is so bright), but when you do wear it, it certainly has wow-factor. I also tried to use it as a blush after I saw a video on youtube saying that you can use lipstick and blend it into cheeks as blush and it works really well, makes me look a bit doll-like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

Not one for the fainthearted, as it as an amplified lipstick the colour comes out exactly as it is in the container. I always fancied a bright hot pink lipstick so when I saw show orchid i knew that was the one, it looks gorgeous applied with a pink lipgloss over the top (at the minute im using a very cheap unknown brand i got from a set at xmas, and its working great but i will probably pick up some sort of fun dazzleglass to wear over show orchid in the future :) and the gloss gives it that extra pop, perfect for a dramatic look, or if going subtle with the eyes then show orchid creates a perfect balance between subtle and fierce. I like pairing it with all that glitters eyeshadow with some black liquid liner, looks gorgeous :]

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by traciit

My first review so please bear with me. :) I practically RAN thru the MAC store the other day as hubby was waiting outside with my Chihuahua. I picked up Show Orchid, Chatterbox & Snob (which of course is an old friend).

The color of Show Orchid just grabbed me! I tried it on alone, asked the hubby what he thought & he said "it's red." Of course Show Orchid is not at all red but it is as bold as a red. I then tried it with Chatterbox & Snob & it was very surprising to me that I did NOT choose these colors to wear together. Remember, I basically ran thru the store. I also picked up Half Red l/l & found using all of these I got a very lovely version of the Colour Ready photo! I applied Show Orchid on the outer parts of the lips, Chatterbox in the middle then Snob on the inside middle.

I really cannot wait to experiment with Show Orchid again & again. I think it is going to prove to be a very versatile color able to be worn with other shades, mixed with other shades or alone.