July 31, 2014 | 1903 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product! For all of 5 dollars it works great! Bought it at ULTA and tried it at home immediately. I was so excited! And the results were awesome. It filled in my eyebrows. The little brush was easy to manipulate and the powder had great lasting power! I wore it to the soccer game I had and it was on when I got home. No running, no caking. It was great. The wax was great too. Loved it and great for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too purchased my NYX cake powder on ebay and I'm truly thrilled with this brow powder! The colours "taupe/ash" are a little misleading, they are like other reviewers have mentioned more medium to dark brown shades with no red undertones. Both powders are nicely pigmented and finely milled making application and blending easy, plus I can customize the shades to match my hair. I usually use the lighter brown to define my brow, then the darker shade to fill in the sparser areas. The brush and spoolie that come with the set work pretty well in a pinch too. Great quality brow powder at an unbeatable price!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by msblueturtle

so i've tried many many brow products... and the price ranges from $20+ to $3... and who knows the $3 one works the best! The NYX brow powder was one of the very first brow product i tried, and i thought if a $3 product is so great, wouldn't the expensive ones work even better? so i tried out many other brow products after that. and i have to say that none of them work as well as this brow powder. the color is not too brown which fits asian/black hair perfectly and it stays on all day as well! I think it's for about $5 normally... definitely worth trying if u r searching for a brow product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this was hard to find but i bought it from missskel on ebay for about 6 dollars. these colors are are medium brown and a med-dark brown. i thought they were going to be more on the grey side but they match my med-dark brown hair very well. the color goes on smoothly and looks very natural and not harsh at all. it comes with a little cheap brush and comb that surprisingly work very well. i am absolutely thrilled with how well this cute little brow compact works. nyx is a cruelty free company and i recommend many of their products.`

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by kato17

I love it! I really recommand it. It has natural effect, long lasting, and your eyebrows will be perfect! Is has only one mistake: the eyebrow brush is awful, but I LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Emily_3383

This product is fantastic. I use the dark side to define my brows and the light to fill them in. For comparison I use Medium in Benefit Browzings. I really love this product and I only paid $4.99 at the local beauty supply. I dont use the little brush and spoolie, i use my own but this is a must have for an inexpensive brow powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this stuff is great! i bought this color and the reds for when my hair is diff colors.
i dont know y ppl are complaining about the brush,mine works just fine. id deff rec. this to anyone! its dirt cheap too,$3 on cherryculture!! way better then pencil if you ask me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by wph

The brush that came with the packaging doesn't do anything -- it's too harsh, too nylon-y, and barely pick up any color from the kit. I did try to use my own brow brush, and it still failed to fill my brow. A brow set by Anna Sui with the same colors really did job very well. I'm sticking to that, and leaving out this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2007 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

I recently picked this up at local grocery store.
The colour swatch on the nyx website is actually very similar to the real life product. I'm a NC 30, Asian with yellow undertones and light small but numerous brown freckles. I also have ash brown dyed hair with gray/blond streaks. The great thing about powder brow products is that you can blend to the right color to match your hair. I didn't want to tint my brows but this cake powder makes a world of a difference. I use more of the Taupe side to lighten my entire brow and concentrate Ash for the sparse areas of my brows.

It comes with a spoolie and angled brush (minis in the compact). This is very purse friendly and it's so handy when the tools comes with the product! It is dirt cheap and I know a little goes a long way. It was about $7 CDN and u get two colors! :) Cake powder is WAAAY better than pencil cuz it gives you a more natural look. LOVE THIS STUFF. RECOMMEND TO ALL! :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No