September 22, 2014 | 519 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I got mine in "brunette" (05). I used it for months on end until I found something better. I want a more natural look for my brows so I opted for WNW's brow pencil (which looks like your brows but better). Over all this is one of the best low-priced budget powders you can find. It's good but I felt like it made me look fake (hence the 3)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by lucygigi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

low price,high quality,I will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by hautiehippie420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally use a brow pencil to fill in my very naturally blonde/fine brows, but I can never settle on a pencil that I actually like, as they all leave my brows looking dull/dry. I love how the wax that comes in this compact makes my eyebrows look shiny and conditioned! The wax really is the perfect base to combine with the powder! Not being used to the powder/wax duo as I've always used a pencil (until now I've used the Mary Kay brow pencil in Classic Blonde), I wasn't sure exactly what ratio to apply the two, but after just a few swatches on my eyebrow hairs, I've got it down, so the process is very easy, just do whatever works for you! As far as the colors, the names are not at all misleading to me, as "ash" literally means no red undertones, so they are much more neutral (or subtly "green") than ruddy. I hate adding red to my eyebrows so these colors are my perfect match! I really couldn't ask for better color shades! I was going to splurge on Brows-a-Go-Go by Benefit, but I actually prefer these shades and the pricetag is really the best part when it comes to NYX! :-) LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by zerimartian

I love this product! I got it for ~$4, and it really works just as well as the high-end brands. I used the Smashbox brow tech before this, and this NYX powder is a great, cheaper alternative.

My only [MINOR] complaints with this kit:
- the wax is a bit too sticky
- the brush doesn't pick up the powder very well
- it claims to be cruelty free, but the wax includes beeswax, so I doubt this is vegan friendly...

Other than that, the powders produce a very natural look (why I love powders over pencil!). It's great for traveling since it's so compact and also holds an angled brush and spoolie. I think the case is cute too-- the clear cover has an embossed jewel design over where the wax and powders are :)

Definitely worth a try; I bought two more of these kits after I fell in love with the first :D

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product! For all of 5 dollars it works great! Bought it at ULTA and tried it at home immediately. I was so excited! And the results were awesome. It filled in my eyebrows. The little brush was easy to manipulate and the powder had great lasting power! I wore it to the soccer game I had and it was on when I got home. No running, no caking. It was great. The wax was great too. Loved it and great for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too purchased my NYX cake powder on ebay and I'm truly thrilled with this brow powder! The colours "taupe/ash" are a little misleading, they are like other reviewers have mentioned more medium to dark brown shades with no red undertones. Both powders are nicely pigmented and finely milled making application and blending easy, plus I can customize the shades to match my hair. I usually use the lighter brown to define my brow, then the darker shade to fill in the sparser areas. The brush and spoolie that come with the set work pretty well in a pinch too. Great quality brow powder at an unbeatable price!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by msblueturtle

so i've tried many many brow products... and the price ranges from $20+ to $3... and who knows the $3 one works the best! The NYX brow powder was one of the very first brow product i tried, and i thought if a $3 product is so great, wouldn't the expensive ones work even better? so i tried out many other brow products after that. and i have to say that none of them work as well as this brow powder. the color is not too brown which fits asian/black hair perfectly and it stays on all day as well! I think it's for about $5 normally... definitely worth trying if u r searching for a brow product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this was hard to find but i bought it from missskel on ebay for about 6 dollars. these colors are are medium brown and a med-dark brown. i thought they were going to be more on the grey side but they match my med-dark brown hair very well. the color goes on smoothly and looks very natural and not harsh at all. it comes with a little cheap brush and comb that surprisingly work very well. i am absolutely thrilled with how well this cute little brow compact works. nyx is a cruelty free company and i recommend many of their products.`

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by kato17

I love it! I really recommand it. It has natural effect, long lasting, and your eyebrows will be perfect! Is has only one mistake: the eyebrow brush is awful, but I LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Emily_3383

This product is fantastic. I use the dark side to define my brows and the light to fill them in. For comparison I use Medium in Benefit Browzings. I really love this product and I only paid $4.99 at the local beauty supply. I dont use the little brush and spoolie, i use my own but this is a must have for an inexpensive brow powder.