April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Brows - Bare Escentuals - Eye Brow powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by LauriD

I Love this product. I have been using it for over a year and it still looks like a new pot!
The brush is nice and firm, gives nice control for application.
I have the brunette, which is very nice and dark.... I have darkest brown/black brows and this colour suits me fine - I usually find product either too light or to dark and heavy looking for my brows.....
The clear mascara is exactly that and went in the bin months and months ago - easily replaced with a high street alternative.

I admit, this is the only brow 'powder' I have used - I'd only known pencils before..... but I do love it and am not looking to change to anything else. I think I might actually die of old age before the pot runs out......... so it is possible that at some point, I might have to change - to a shade of grey maybe?!

Application tip - I never dip my brush into the pot.
I take off the lid, put the pot somewhere safe and use the tiny bit of residue that is in the lid - More than enough product - No mess!
If I need more I put the lid back on, tip the pot and then start again. Easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by sabrinaissuper

I originally bought this powder because I had problems finding a brow powder/pencil that was brown without all the reddish tones, which many (for some reason) tend to have. It looks horrible! So when I first got this, I loved the great, natural brow color. I've been using it for at least 6 months, probably more, and I am just fed up with it! Loose powders are doable for some things (eyeshadows, face powders, etc.), but eyebrows are the necessity for everyday, all the time. This powder is SO DARN INCONVENIENT! I hate always having to mess with it on mornings when I'm rushing out the door. It's really a shame, and I wish somehow I could get the same thing in a pressed form. I guess if you're a loose-powder kind of person it would be fabulous, just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by cyberseraphim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dark brown hair and thick medium dark eyebrows. I use the dark blonde color after reading reviews on here and I'm glad I got the "lighter color". I got the brow kit with the gel also and I'm happy as can be. looks natural, stays put, and is very forgiving when you apply it. LOVE! HG brow powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by palolake

I have thin eyebrows and could never find a brow product that looked natural on me. I decided to try the BE brow color in dark blond/med. brown after seeing it on QVC. I purchased it at an Ulta store for $11 and also bought the BE angled brow brush. (which I love) Mineral powder is definately the way to go! It's easy to apply and looks so much more natural on me. I have dark brown hair and this color is just right. I do wish they had a sifter on top since it would be so easy to spill it all. Having said all that, I have since found an eyebrow powder that I like even better. Everyday Minerals makes one that works better and costs $2.50 for a slightly bigger size. It even has a sifter on top! It's hard to explain it but it's finer and goes on smoother. It's just a better product. The only problem is that it is a bit too dark for me in their medium brown shade. I'm going to buy their blond color and try mixing them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by lewky

First off I am asian with almost black hair. My eyebrows are very fine and sparse. My problem with brow powders or pencils is that they are not "black" or "grey" enough to match my brows. Most brands offer a dark brown which makes my skintone reddish. I used to use brow pencils made for asian skin such as LacVert or CiCi - but I couldn't find them anywhere when I needed to restock. My friend from Sephora gave me this as a gift. And although it is VERY messy, I love it! The Brunette shade is perfect and just enough gray to define my eyes. And a top coat of wax keeps the color around all day. I use the cheap NYC wax. I will buy again simply because of the price and availability.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lisalis

This product is the best!!! I use it in Auburn on my eyebrows with there angled brow brush. I've tried many different brands this is one of the best out there. I've been using this for years!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by ohboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this when BE first started and it came with a thin long concealer brush that BE no longer markets. I love this product. Not as long lasting as the Shiseido brow palette I also use but I still like BE's brow powder because it gives a natural defined look I don't always get with other brow products. I love the old brow brush it used to come with and can't find it anymore. I can't imagine having to repurchase products because a little goes a long way. I'm only picking up the residue off the cap to do my brows so I don't think I'll get to the bottom of the jar until I'm 100!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by LarrieuBland2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brow powder with the brow brush is awesome! Makes the brows look fuller but not overdone--love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by boogie4life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I just got a sample of this in Brunette in a swap and I love it. Previous to this I had been using Smashbox Brow Tech in Brunette. I have dark auburn hair with pale black eyebrows one of which has a patch of hair missing in the middle (my unfortunate birthmark). I find the BE color to be darker and closer to my natural color than the Brow Tech, but yet it goes on a lot more naturally. I can use it just over the hole and sparse spots and the color completely blends in. With the Brow Tech I have to blend the color into the rest of my brows a lot more--risking overdoing them. I dip my Smashbox #12 into the BE product rather than swirling in the lid. I just make sure to tap it out a lot. I think this helps to waste less product. When you tap in out into the lid a lot of it ends up piling up in the lid and I'm too tempted to use up all the excess prodcut in the lid.

I think I'll throw the Brow Tech on my swap list and buy some more BE. I was going to use up the rest of the Brow Tech before buing more BE, but why settle for less than perfect when you can actually get it?!

I have Auburn by Everday Minerals, so soon I'll start mixing them so that my eyebrows can match my hair and I'll post my reviews on that.

I need to get some BE auburn to try out also. I'll let everyone know my opinion on which one is best (I'm hoping it's the EM b/c of the price, but if the BE is better I'll have to bite the bullet and shell out the extra $$).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by myysharona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in two colors: auburn and brunette. The shade I use depends on how red my hair is at the time and how dramatic I want my brows to be. I use it with the BE angled brow brush. It looks very natural and can be used very sparingly for a natural look or heavier for a more dramatic look. It fills in sparse areas without looking fake and blends very nicely.
Be warned: I don't recommend dipping the brush into the product as it will put WAY too much on the brush and then it tends to scatter over your eyelids and cheekbones as you apply it. I tend to swirl my brush around the inside of the lid (as I do with all loose powders to avoid messes) which allows me to slowly layer the color.