December 18, 2014 | 1290 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dmcgeo1

My gripe with this is the color. I have pale skin, medium brown hair, and brown eyes. For some reason this color doesn't do much for me. However, the product is creamy and does not crease on me. If this color works for you then this is a good purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by FrostyGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite shadows to wear. I was told that it is a base primer but i just wear it alone and the color is amazing on its own and the lasting power is amazing. I normally apply UDPP underneath eyeshadows but there's no need for this. It just stays on all day and doesn't crease at all. Love this product though I find a bit expensive it's a great investment because it will last you a long time !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedape

I love this product and wear it almost every time I wear shadows. It makes a fantastic base for powder shadows to adhere to. Even if I wear it alone, the goldeny peach color makes my green eyes absolutely pop :) Totally worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkyroo22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this shade it is so lovely! I would describe it as a golden peach. It does have a large amount of peachy orange but with the beautiful golden sheen it pretty much will look good on anyone. I love how unique it is. It does not crease on me..though I still do like to wear a primer with all my shadows. However it probably isn't needed. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by albs

I love this. It's one of my favourite items of makeup. I love the shade, it's so beautiful and shimmery and golden (but not straight up gold, gold with lovely apricot/peach tones). It kind of reminded me of Benefits Gilded pencil upon first glance. I think this is perfect for summer, I love to just slap it on my lids and swipe on some mascara, it looks nice with my slightly tanned skin and I don't like to wear scads of makeup in the summertime. Sometimes I'll add a deeper shade to the outer corner and crease (love Wet 'n' Wild's Vanity palette for that). I don't use a primer and this really doesn't crease badly on me at all. By the end of the day if I wear it from 7 AM to 10 or later in the evening it will have faded and creased a touch but it's still there and honestly, that's good enough for me. If I have to go out after work I always redo my makeup anyway so it doesn't bother me that it does not last 15+ hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its a nice product, but is it weird I only see gold? no peach no apricot no pink...just gold. Also, its not as pigmented as the benefit creaseless cream eyeshadows, but to be fair, the mac paint pots are less money for more product. The consistency is creamy, but not as creamy as benefit's. As far as creasing goes, it doesn't really crease, rather it can sort of bunch up and look scale-y but you don't notice it that much. decent, but will try more. if still unimpressed, i may have to return it. I want to try nyx pure gold jumbo eye pencil first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I like the colour of this paint pot - a peachy golden bronze and I mainly use this on its own for a simple look. I find that it can sometimes crease if I accidently apply too much so I make sure to use UD primer potion underneath. I love the shimmer in this. Really nice against a NC25 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

Love this! I bought it on a whim, and kind of beat myself up about it for a second. But once I got it home and used it, I was in love! I'm not really a big eyeshadow gal, but this stuff is great! All I do is put Rubenesque all over my lib, then darken up the crease with a dark brown color. It's super easy, and looks super good. Especially with my dark, dark brown eyes

I can't decide if I like to use a concealer brush or just my finger with this product. I've been doing both recently. They both apply the product well. I feel like I can pack more color on with my finger though.

I don't like or dislike the packaging. It's not great, but it's not horrible either. Considering the consistency of this product, the only real option is to put it in a little pot. It's much too thick for a squeeze tube. I don't really worry about the sanitation issue since I'm the only one using it.

I don't think that this product is pricey at all. Given the quality, and the amount in the jar, the $15 I paid for this is totally justified. I've been using it nearly every day for a month, there isn't even a dent!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Serves mostly as an eyeshadow rather than an eyeshadow base/primer. Itcan be used as a primer with golden/apricot eyeshadows.the texture is great and it never creases if you use the right amount andapply it with a concealer brush rather than your fingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this color on my lids. A sunbleached golden apricot color. It dries quickly and stays put. I think the color really enhances my green eyes.