August 20, 2014 | 1089 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by colourrmepretty

I LOVE this product! MAC's Indianwood paint pot is one of my favorite purchases! The color is the most gorgeous, pigmented bronze I have ever seen - it has just the right amount of shimmer so that it's wearable for everyday. The color is perfect for a glowy bronze goddess look :) I apply this all over my eyelid using my fingers, either as a base or an overall look, and it looks amazing - no brush needed! For some reason, I also love the packaging. You can tell it's great quality - the bottle is glass, and it's so heavy and durable and well made. Love! Compared to many other cream shadows made by Make Up Forever and Stila, you save a few bucks, their cream shadows are $20 and $23, so that's always good. I suggest you go out and buy this - NOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am absolutely in love with this paint pot. I always apply a primer underneath bc I have oily lids so I don't know if it works without a primer. It doesn't crease at all with a primer, again I have no idea how it is w/o a primer.
I love it for an extra oomph for my usual neutral and neutral smokey. I also love how much better my e/s stays with this paint pot.
Apart from that, I have also noticed how creamy this pp is compared to others. :) that way u dont have to tug at ur lids.
I'd def. repurchase:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by scorpio3813

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I just bought this 3 days ago (at the CCO) and it's on the fast track to becoming Holy Grail for me. LOVE the medium brown/bronze color. I'm a real stick in the mud when it comes to eyeshadow colors. It's totally neutral for me....browns, taupes, khaki, etc. So this little gem fits right into my comfort zone. I've been trying to find a replacement for the Smashbox waterproof shadow liner and this is it!

I quit using UDPP and TFSI because they were drying to my eyelids. When I used them under Painterly, the product didn't go on smoothly. Without the primers, they go on smoothly and stay on all day. I always top my paint pots off with dry shadow to set them.

I apply p/pots with my fingers. I think it works best that way because it warms up the product and makes it glide over your eyelid. I wish I would have bought two of these!

UPDATE: Oops! I just realized I put this review in the wrong place. This is a review for Quite Natural Paint Pot, not Indianwood.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by jadelianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

The entire range of MAC paint pots are fabulous, but Indianwood is one that stands out in particular.
Its a perfect colour for those mornings where there's no time to fuss. Its dark enough to add depth to your eye, but not so dark that you need to fuss with it for twenty minutes to make sure its not too much.
When I'm in a rush, i pop some of this on with my finger and then use a bit of a matte brown shadow as a liner and I'm gone. When I have a bit more time, I like to apply this (once again with my fingers- i think the heat helps it apply more smoothly than it does when using a brush) and then use a bit of Handwritten in the outer corner and Woodwinked over top. Browns look good on nearly anyone, so you really can't go wrong with a colour like this!
I rated this product as being inexpensive, because my paint pots tend to last me for at least a year, so a years worth of wear for around $20 CA is really a fabulous investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by MeiTai3333

I adore this Paint Pot! It's great on its own with the corresponding color of your choice in the crease. Lately I've been pairing it with Embark, Brown Down, or Folie. It's great for a quick look in the morning -- swipe it on the lid, put something in the crease, line and go! It also lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by rmcclain84

BeautifuL! I can't say enough about it, tried it once and I was hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! I truly don't know where the negative reviews are coming from. This is a goreous bronze shadow of exceptional quality that goes on silky smooth. Due to this, it is very buildable. It is also multi-toned, I find, something which creates the illusion of depth.
it is an HG to me and an essential in anyone's makeup kit, in my humble opinion. Perfect for creating a very natural looking golden-bronze eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by heyimcortney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great! It is a shimmery brown that really helps bring out browns when they are used on top of the paint pot. Also layering it on top of itself makes it a bit darker.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a golden/yellow toned GGG south asian woman about NC 37 ish. My eyelids and undereye are darker so I have to conceal them. This makes it worse! I look like I have panda eyes, it's awful. This just makes me look tired. If you have naturally darker brown lids that you conceal don't get this. Like any other product or colour, this doesn't look good on everyone. Don't believe people who tell you this is something everyone should buy. I think Indians in general look better with brighter, cooler in tone or deep funkier shades. When you look at Indian makeup brands like Lakme they use flattering colours that you cannot find in Western makeup brands. This doesn't look good as a lid shade with us. Nothing is universal. Certain people look better in certain colors and finishes, and worse in others. I can't pull this off but I can pull of other colors people who use this can't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Indianwood for quite a while now. And I just love it! I've always been into browns/ neutrals especially when it comes to eye makeup. It looks great alone or under any brownish powder shadow. I line this color on my lower lashline too. This is a must have item inside my makeup kit. Will definitely repurchase!