GOSH X-ceptional wear liquid foundation

3.6

water, cyclopentasiloxane, CI77891, glycerin, nylon-12, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, C11-12 isoparaffin, trimethylsiloxysilicate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, diethylhexyl adipate, titanium dioxide, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, magnesium sulfate, CI 77492, hydroxyethylcellulose, synthetic beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, disteardimonium hectorite, dimethiconol, alumino, CI77491, methylparaben, talc, CI77499, alcohol denat, simethicone, benzoic acid, butylparaben, ethylparaben, ethylparaben, dehydroocetic acid, citric acid, isobutylparaben, propylparaben.

on 11/29/2009 10:36:00 AM

This is the best foundation ever if you have an Irish pale skin tone!! FINALLY a foundation that won't make you look radioactive orange!!!! Yes, it will not blend at ALL, but hey, the fact that it's not orange like EVERY OTHER foundation is all it needs to be my HG foundation forever. Also, very very very light-reflecting as well as matte. Meaning you have nicely shining skin that doesnt look ultra-oily.

One bad thing----->>>>there is so little of it!!! I mean, I just can't afford to wear this every day, cos I'd have to buy a new bottle every week! So I have to use crap orange Maybelline dream matte stuff.....urrrrrrggghhh.....

on 11/16/2009 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The colour range is horrible, but i bought the second lightest thinking it would be okay, but it looked orange and fake. The consistancy is very thick, sits on the skin like a mask and does not blend, even using brushes, sponges ect. Is a horrible product, the coverage is high but looks very unnatural. Do not buy this foundation.

on 9/15/2009 9:39:00 AM

I agree with what most people are saying about this product. The pros are it was a great match to my skin tone and it had no smell. The cons are that it wasn't extra lasting like it claimed. In just a few hours of putting it on my face was oily and shiny and it didn't cover imperferctions very well.

on 9/12/2009 5:01:00 PM

Horrible product. While I got a good match with my skin and it didn't oxidise into orange like many foundations, it showed every single imperfection. It gave me the appearance of deeper wrinkles, turned my pores into craters and settled into creases around my mouth and nose. The texture felt heavy on my skin and streaked when I tried to blend it, using fingers, sponges AND brushes.

As for the long lasting power, it's awful. It made my skin appear oiler (even though it didn't feel oily) and wore off in about 2 hours on my nose. The best thing I can say is that it didn't break me out and didn't smell too bad.

I tried it with various primers and the results were always the same. Awful, awful, AWFUL! DO not buy.

Personally, I hated this foundation. The texture of it was kind of creamy (only word I can think of to describe it) and felt horrible on my skin. It does look nice for about a half hour after you put it on, but after that it just goes blotchy. I wouldn't really recommend it!

on 4/29/2009 3:07:00 PM

This foundation in Porcelain is the most perfect match ever for my skin! I am seriously pale and can never find anything light enough, so I'm thrilled. I could actually just wear a little of it wherever needed most on my face and you wouldn't notice it, it blends right in. It looks really natural yet has good coverage, and I like that it's quite matte. I don't even have to use powder after applying and since I put in on (4 hours ago) it hasn't gone shiny, so no need to blot. Yet even though it is matte, it also makes you kind of radiant. And it looks great in any light, inside, outside, and on pictures (yes I tested that, haha)!

Since I don't know how my skin will react to it as I just got it, I can't comment on that. If anything bad happens I will update this review, but so far I LOVE it.

on 4/28/2009 2:37:00 PM

this foundation comes in a small range in colours but luckly i found it in 11 porcelain. if you have pale skin this is def for you!! the reason i did not really like this product was because it just did not have a long lasting power at all!! if you have time to re-apply your make-up throughout the day i think this would be ok but if not dont go near it!!

on 4/24/2009 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My three fave foundations are estee lauder double wear, double wear light and GOSH X-ceptional wear. However Double wear is a bit too thick, the light version in 01 is just a bit too 'white'. But GOSH X-ceptional wear is amazing and now my HG. The colour Natural is fair yet yellow toned, the colour stays true and it makes my skin glow! I work in the beauty industry and have tried everything - literally all laura mercier, chanel, armani you name it. You have to try this - it will be one of your top foundations i promise!

Note - please remember that long lasting foundations will make you beak out if you don't remove them properly at night. This is very true of estee lauder double wear - once you think you have removed all your make-up - use a cotton ball and cleanser to keep removing to make sure it's all off. I love wash off cleansers but they don't always remove all of double wear when you think they would.

on 3/23/2009 6:33:00 PM

Have repurchased this foundation for a few years. It is not amazing, but it is a good colour match in drug store comparisons.

The foundation is not long lasting at all, when I'm at work it doesn't even last a full 5 hours between settling into frown lines and going slightly orange. Put it over moisturiser and/or primer and it slides off making your face look very oily. It won't ever settle on my nose, whenever I try to apply it, it balls up almost and goes transparent.

Gosh have a good reputation for their eye products, but their foundation is lame.

on 3/5/2009 7:03:00 PM

At first, i loved how this product went on so smoothly, and seemed to last a while, but then my closest friends started to point out how i had a pink foundation line just under my chin?! and no matter how much i tried to rub it in, it REFUSED to rub in.
This product stays your perfect colour for about half an hour- an hour and then it starts to go orange/pink.
I sometimes reach for it when im putting on my makeup,
but the effect remains the same!
Dont Buy!!- You'll regret it!