October 31, 2014 | 1146 users online

Liquid - GOSH - X-ceptional wear liquid foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Fozziebug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. While I got a good match with my skin and it didn't oxidise into orange like many foundations, it showed every single imperfection. It gave me the appearance of deeper wrinkles, turned my pores into craters and settled into creases around my mouth and nose. The texture felt heavy on my skin and streaked when I tried to blend it, using fingers, sponges AND brushes.

As for the long lasting power, it's awful. It made my skin appear oiler (even though it didn't feel oily) and wore off in about 2 hours on my nose. The best thing I can say is that it didn't break me out and didn't smell too bad.

I tried it with various primers and the results were always the same. Awful, awful, AWFUL! DO not buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by shannonfarrell123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Personally, I hated this foundation. The texture of it was kind of creamy (only word I can think of to describe it) and felt horrible on my skin. It does look nice for about a half hour after you put it on, but after that it just goes blotchy. I wouldn't really recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by shibo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation in Porcelain is the most perfect match ever for my skin! I am seriously pale and can never find anything light enough, so I'm thrilled. I could actually just wear a little of it wherever needed most on my face and you wouldn't notice it, it blends right in. It looks really natural yet has good coverage, and I like that it's quite matte. I don't even have to use powder after applying and since I put in on (4 hours ago) it hasn't gone shiny, so no need to blot. Yet even though it is matte, it also makes you kind of radiant. And it looks great in any light, inside, outside, and on pictures (yes I tested that, haha)!

Since I don't know how my skin will react to it as I just got it, I can't comment on that. If anything bad happens I will update this review, but so far I LOVE it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by deirdre1994

this foundation comes in a small range in colours but luckly i found it in 11 porcelain. if you have pale skin this is def for you!! the reason i did not really like this product was because it just did not have a long lasting power at all!! if you have time to re-apply your make-up throughout the day i think this would be ok but if not dont go near it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by florence1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My three fave foundations are estee lauder double wear, double wear light and GOSH X-ceptional wear. However Double wear is a bit too thick, the light version in 01 is just a bit too 'white'. But GOSH X-ceptional wear is amazing and now my HG. The colour Natural is fair yet yellow toned, the colour stays true and it makes my skin glow! I work in the beauty industry and have tried everything - literally all laura mercier, chanel, armani you name it. You have to try this - it will be one of your top foundations i promise!

Note - please remember that long lasting foundations will make you beak out if you don't remove them properly at night. This is very true of estee lauder double wear - once you think you have removed all your make-up - use a cotton ball and cleanser to keep removing to make sure it's all off. I love wash off cleansers but they don't always remove all of double wear when you think they would.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have repurchased this foundation for a few years. It is not amazing, but it is a good colour match in drug store comparisons.

The foundation is not long lasting at all, when I'm at work it doesn't even last a full 5 hours between settling into frown lines and going slightly orange. Put it over moisturiser and/or primer and it slides off making your face look very oily. It won't ever settle on my nose, whenever I try to apply it, it balls up almost and goes transparent.

Gosh have a good reputation for their eye products, but their foundation is lame.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by 123MD

At first, i loved how this product went on so smoothly, and seemed to last a while, but then my closest friends started to point out how i had a pink foundation line just under my chin?! and no matter how much i tried to rub it in, it REFUSED to rub in.
This product stays your perfect colour for about half an hour- an hour and then it starts to go orange/pink.
I sometimes reach for it when im putting on my makeup,
but the effect remains the same!
Dont Buy!!- You'll regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Teex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

**Second edit** I found this burried amoung my foundations and HOLY HECK why did I ever stray away from this? For some reason, shade 16 Golden fits me almost perfectly, even though I am super pale and this is by far the palest shade. Gives a very nice full coverage that does NOT look cakey or unnatural. Awesome packaging, not clunky or too big for handbags. Back to 5 lipsticks, will rebuy!!

**EDIT** After learning more about make up, make up applications and getting more products, I am now bumping this foundation down to 3lipsticks.

If you can find a color match within this brand, then I would recommend it, if not, then try L'Oreal True Match. This foundation is medium coverage, but buildable, I'd say. There's no offensive smell, and the packaging is very practical + hygenic. You get 30ml/1oz for a quite good price.

I will not repurchas this product (because I can't find a shade that fits me), but I would recommend this product to others- at least see if they have a color match.
-----

One of the best drugstore foundations I have ever tried, and believe me, I have tried *MANY*! It covers very well, does not cake on me at all, does not break me out (and I'm quite acne prone).

The packaging is pretty okay, there is no pump, so you get more product out, especially since the cap has a flat surface so the product gathers at the opening anyways. And unlike my MAC liquid foundation, it does not have a strange, paint-like smell...

Conclusion:
Good price, good packaging, good coverage, does not break me out, does not have a weird smell or texture. So if you're trying to save back, I would really recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by kirkichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only thing I like about this product is that it is the closest match I've ever found to my skin tone. Other than that this product is awful. It was extremely difficult to blend, rubs off really quickly and settles into pores and fine lines. It felt like a mask on my skin and was tacky to the touch.

Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by UnderThePink2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I tried this product out because it was suppose to be a cheaper alternative to say to MAC or other so I had heard. I have to say the product is pretty good and it does live up to what it does say it will do. This product is very long lasting and it doesn't feel heavy or break out your skin. Overall it is pretty good except that if you have any redness or scars I find this foundation does not provide great coverage. On areas on my face were there wasn't any anying redness or sars it looked great but where there was I would have to build up alot and I personally found this product did not build up the greatest. Another thing is that I am very pale and GOSH actually had a color that matched my skin so for that I was happy. I am not sure I would buy thins again, I might look for somethong with more coverage.