August 30, 2014 | 1292 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Courbe Virtuose (Divine Lasting Curves)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by smyle4jenn

This product does not curl, lengthen, or volumize. My lashes became thicker and a bit fuller. I tried this mascara b/c the MUA said it's more volumizing than Hypnose, but I think Hypnose gives me fuller, thicker lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nora22

i usually just buy drug-store mascaras, but for my 19th birthday i wanted to spoil myself a little, and i've always liked the lancome brand. overall, i was pretty happy with virtouse, thought i would like to try it after i've curled my eyelashes.

pros:
doesn't clump!
gives that bit of 'oomph' without looking overdone
curved brush lets u get right to the base of the eyelash

cons:
smudges a bit by the end of the day
very hard to remove!
quite expensive
i went through a stage where i wore it everyday for a couple of weeks, but when i stopped i felt my eyelashes weren't as thick as they used to be... perhaps it made some of my lashes fall out?

so if your willing to fork out the cash, its a fairly good mascara tho i'm willing to try other mascaras

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lisa4195

I use this now. It doesn't really hold the curl so well; I've found that mascaras not meant for curling hold curls better. BUT there is nothing I hate more than clumpy eyelashes and this will not clump them after two coats.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this as GWP. I love Definicils, but this is a little dry. I made the mistake of adding more than one coat, and I'm usually pretty confident that my mascara won't flake, so I didn't check my face until I got home after work...What an embarrassment! It was flaked all over the place. And I just don't care for the way it makes my lashes look compared to Definicils. I wouldn't buy it, but I might use the sample up. And I definitely won't apply two coats of this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Joey2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can I choose "maybe" in the repurchase section? I normally love Lancome mascaras, and I do like the Courbe Virtuose. However, there are issues. First, if I use more than one coat, it will flake. I have probably the most sensitive eyes on earth and flaking is the kiss of death (makes my eyes gunky - tmi, I know). Secondly, how do you get this mascara off? It's the hardest mascara to remove that I've ever owned. The best method I've found so far is Neutrogena One Step Facial Cleanser followed with Lancome e/m remover. The upside is that I think it does hold the curl a tiny bit, doesn't clump and looks very pretty when first applied. I suspect the reason that the product can hold a curl a little bit is the same issue that causes the flaking and difficulty removing. It must dry rather stiff and hard to hold the lashes in place. While it pains me to say this, DiorShow, imho, is a superior product. Curl is not the most important factor for me, but if curl is important to you, the CV would likely make you happier than the DiorShow. Btw, I use LM Secret Brightening Powder over my concealer every day, so smudging is never an issue for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore trying new mascaras. I say that I'm looking for my HG, but I sometimes think I'll never be completely happy.

So, I picked this up in the duty free shop on a recent cruise. Twenty years ago I was all about Lancome mascara but it seems like the last 5-10 years there have been so many other great lines ... DiorShow, Estee Lauder, Shiseido, etc.

Recently, I was using DiorShow and Too Faced Lash Injection.

Tried the Virtouse and was impressed at how much it curled and lengthened. It did NOT give any volume though so maybe that's why my lashes looked really curled.

I'm now using it under my DiorShow but of course I'm picking up the Givenchy mascara this weekend :-)

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by artfag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this mascara, it adds length and curl and separates the lashes nicely. The only thing I don't like about it is how hard it is to remove. Nevertheless I might buy it again because it looks great...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by babybites

Excellent mascara, which gives separated lashes with good volume. For me, it did smudge a little though ( a constant problem for me).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2008 6:25:00 AM More reviews by jessajessajessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a mascara that gives you a natural look, this is a very good bet - with a coat or two you can achieve this very beautiful, fresh look. Especially great when you're in a hurry, where you can just grab a curler and swipe this on. However, I must point out that the curling factor it so claims to be 'lasting' is not so great. Decent, but not amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Disco_Dancing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Naturally, I have medium-long dark brown lashes with a slight upward curl at the tip. My eyes are very dark brown, though, so without a black mascara my lashes just sort of disappear.
I bought Courbre Virtuose because I'd just moved across the country, had school the following day, and had forgotten to pack my mascara(!). I picked it up because when I tried it, it didn't seem to dramatic but neither did it seem too wimpy.
At any rate, this has become my everyday go-to mascara; not necessarily HG, but then again my HG would be something seriously dramatic, which was not what I wanted from Courbre Virtuose.
This mascara has several great things going for it:
1. Absolutely NO CLUMPS.
2. Decent amount of lengthening, though nothing extreme.
3. Curls fairly well on its own; combined with an eyelash curler, it's fantastic.
4. Not stinky.
5. Not smudgy.
6. Doesn't irritate my eyes.
7. Brush and wand are easy to handle.
The only negative about this mascara is that no one can tell I'm wearing it. Which is also a positive, really; but if you're looking for something more dramatic/intense, you might prefer some other mascara more than this one.
I would and will rebuy this. It's perfect on a day I don't want to look made up! continued >>