Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

on 8/19/2013 7:40:00 PM

I really like this powder when it comes to mattifying, however the packaging is way to clunky and I wish it had more product and less plastic. I don't know If they already make it but I am yet to find a translucent one because the lightest shade is to dark for me. This powder will keep me slightly more matte throughout the day.

on 8/13/2013 6:18:00 PM

I am on my third compact of this since discovering it last year. I have combination skin, NC30 and I buy the second shade. Although last time it was on sale, only the third was available so I got that and realized that there's barely any coverage. I apply this with either the Ecotools bronzer brush or Real Techniques buffing brush over Make Up For Ever face & body or MUFE full coverage conealer to set everything. Then I apply a NARS blush and I'm good for the day. I do have to blot after six hours to keep the shine away but at the end of the day/night, my foundation and blush still look decent. I don't care for the awkward packaging with the swivel mirror since I leave it in my bathroom. I definitely prefer this over the Rimmel Stay Matte. I need to get a backup when it's on sale, the cheapest I've bought it for is $7.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. This product is HG for me.

on 8/10/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I would go out and buy it again in a heart beat! I really like the matte look and it sets my makeup so nicely! I also deal with semi oily skin and it keeps my makeup up in place and hides the shine for a long time. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually really liked this prouduct. I really does do what it says. It was fairly cheap and I would definatly repurchase when I run out!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

It does the job, I like this as a setting powder but I prefer Rimmel Stay Matte. Rimmel Stay Matte works even better than this, and is less expensive. It's overall an ok product, but I would not repurchase this!

on 8/7/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

If you have acne-prone skin, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

I've been using this powder for several months now. When I started using it I was on a good skincare regimen (retin-a and aczone at night, duac in the morning), so most of the problems I later experienced with this were kind of lessened. If I ever slept in my makeup, though, I would break out. I always had one or two pimples I was worried about, too, but I thought that was just because my medicines weren't working as well as they should.

My skin kept getting worse and worse, though, so I thought it was time to try different face treatments. I tried the acne.org regimen for about a month and a half, and my face only got worse. I think this was in large part due to the powder, and the retin-a no longer clearing it out of my pores on a regular basis. My skin got really horrible and I switched back to retin-a. My skin continued to get worse (worse than it's ever been), and eventually I decided to look up reviews again for this product. Turns out, the type of acne I had been experiencing is pretty common with this product. Tiny bumps everywhere that showed in the sunlight, as well as HORRIBLE cystic acne all over my cheeks--where I never broke out before--and jawline.

I threw out all of my drugstore makeup and bought some Jane Iredale foundation. My skin is way clearer now, and I'm really happy to have figured out what my problem was.

on 8/5/2013 1:08:00 PM

I am grading this on a curve--totally biased, and with affection. Here's the deal: this is one of those friends you call in the middle of the night when someone has dumped you or you need bailed out of jail. You can count on it to be there for you in a crisis--and it won't just say "Aw, that sucks"; it will lend you a car, hold your head while you puke and tuck you into bed, or put out a hit if necessary...

In my search for a foundation for my crack ho skin, I have had MANY makeup-induced-run-to-the-bathroom-in-horror disasters. This puppy is usually the band-aid. It is more than the list of ingredients implies. There is magic in there. Wizardry, really...It has cured pastey, nasty, dry, shiny, peeling grossery of all sorts. I pack it on over the nastiness and close my eyes and pray, and a few minutes later, it creates anything from acceptable presentableness to downright smoothness. I can't explain how this happens, I'm just so grateful that it does!

I have tried using this as a foundation or general setting powder--it's nothing special--no coverage, etc., but bottom line is: It saved me in 'Nam. Multiple times. For that, it will always be very special to me.

on 7/30/2013 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I like the texture of this product but it left me skin oily again after about an hour. I also didnt like how it looked on my skin alone or on top of foundation. The Rimmel Stay Matte powder worked better for a cheaper price.

on 7/28/2013 2:07:00 AM

Use this every day along with the fit me foundation, they work very well together!! Takes away the shine too!

on 7/26/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

UPDATE, UPDATE!!
I had to change 4 lippies to 5 lippies, hooray!!! I originally thought that this was the cause for my unexpected cystic acne, but who would of thought that it was my MAC Studio fix foundation causing all the drama in my face, ugh (acne) After i stopped using the MAC SFF, my face stopped breaking out, YAYY! So now i'm using my HG Revlon colorstay 360 golden caramel for my nc40 face is perfect color. I then apply my Dream Matte Powder (MEDIUM HONEY 3-4) to finish it off, my face looks flawless, matte, velvety all day.

PREVIOUS REVIEW
This powder is excellent for oily acne skin. Takes the shine off instantly. The only problem is that I'm noticing more cystic acne on my face. Been using it for a couple of weeks. Will continue to use and see if this is the cause for this cystic acne. Will update back in a couple of weeks MUA.

Video Reviews & Tutorials