April 18, 2014 | 932 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 3:18:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I love this beautiful scent -- the gardenia really stands out on me and dries down to a lovely soft scent. The packaging is nice as well. My only complaint is that is doesn't last very long on me. :( I may try the body cream with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2007 7:33:00 AM More reviews by sangkae

Simply beautiful! Smells quite close to the real gardenia IMO. This is more gardenia and jasmine than tuberose. Fresh and crisp but creamy at the same time. This reminds me of Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Gardenia which is a little bit more buttery and a lot cheaper. However, the Tuberose Gardenia has better lasting power. I think I prefer Yves Rocher, just wish they will produce the more heady version cause the edt doesn't last.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by cbowles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells EXACTLY like Marc Jacobs on me. I was hoping for something original and gorgeous, and was sad to just smell ... Marc. Glad I picked up a sample and not a full-price bottle! If I wanted to smell like this, I'd still be wearing Marc (and spending less). Alas. It's nice, but such a letdown.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2007 5:48:00 AM More reviews by alldayparallelred

It smells floral, rich and very lasting as all the Lauder fragrances are. That can be a good or bad thing depending on where you stand on the issue of scent strength and what you like to wear. Another name could be "Aerin Lauder Likes Marc Jacobs First Fragrance with a little splash of her grandmothers original White Linen and hopes you will to." THIS FRAGRANCE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL PRIVATE COLLECTION EXCEPT THE NAME. If you are a fan of that parfum and are expecting something related you will probably not be happy. If you are a fan of the opulent print advertising that launched the original and portrayed the world of the woman who wears Private Collection (with Karen Graham and Willow Bay) you will really not be happy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 5:10:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the most beautiful Estee Lauder fragrance I've tried. Based on reviews, I was really expecting the gardenia to be front and center, with the tuberose playing a supporting role. However, on my skin it is quite the opposite. The tuberose was immediately apparent and reminded me so much of Carnal Flower that I did a double take (thinking perhaps I'd mistakenly spritzed on Carnal Flower instead of PCTG). While the initial notes of the two are very similar to my nose, the difference comes in the drydown. PCTG dries down to a soft and slightly doughy scent, but this is also when the gardenia makes an appearance on my skin. A lovely fragrance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Probably the most amazing form of tuberose and gardenia I've ever smelled in a perfume. It's beautiful, and I love it. It's pure, and I'd wear it anywhere. You simply must at least smell it and test it. It's the real thing, not an imitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by krissybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I knew nothing about the launch of this gorgeous fragrance until I discovered the ad in the September issue of Vogue magazine. I was intrigued since I've recently visited the island of Maui and Ms. Lauder's private collection smells just like Hawaii! I tested tuberrose and gardenia scents all over the island and everything I found seemed cheap and synthetic. The prettiest scent I found on Maui was Kai (a celebrity favorite) and though I bought a bottle, I wasn't really impressed (my daughter was happy when I gave it to her). I own both Marc Jacob's gardenia fragrances, the first I would describe as being "watery" and the second as "warm" and Chanel Gardenia which I would say is on the "green" side. Chanel's Gardenia is the most wearable to me out of the three but I don't think I have ever worn any of them for more than three days in a row. My craving for the perfect gardenia and tuberose scent had not been satisfied until now. Tuberose Gardenia is the beautiful white floral fragrance I have been looking for and I am so comfortable wearing it...it feels like an extention of my own skin! One poster described this as a "warm fragrance" which I can't say I agree with. To me it is smooth. The notes are balanced and complementary to one another and there isn't anything sharp or overwhelming here. I bought the parfum solid (for $175) and was given a couple of samples of the EDP. I have used both and though I usually prefer pure parfum I have to admit that the EDP is just as beautiful and I will soon own that as well. Now, as far as the three previously mentioned fragrances go, I will probably give them away soon because I don't think I can wear them after wearing TG. It's nice to be wearing something pretty and feminine again! I think both the fragrance and the packaging are award worthy. I am impressed with my little solid compact and the stones on the gold package are very classy. I haven't worn an Estee Lauder fragrance in about 15 years because they seemed too light for me but they have probably just created my signature scent.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by luv_bug

*This review is for the EDP version.* Lovely, lovely, lovely. The gardenia is positively rubbery at first and mostly green. I get a lot of silvery lilac upfront, which makes the composition almost unbearably, realistically floral. Like a bouquet of blossoms and greenery, filling the room with their lushness. I actually like how uncomfortable it makes me upfront. The wait only makes the drydown that much more delicious, when TG becomes a dry, only lightly-sweet mix of tuberose, geranium, and vanilla. It lasts like nobody's business, and everyone from my grandmother to my little toddler nephew has complimented me on it. In the heat, the scent just blooms; I'll be interested to see how it fares in the colder months.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by GirlyClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a pretty scent. Very gardnia/tuberose/white floral on me and not a lot else. It is powerful though, so watch out! I sprayed on one light spritz and it overpowered me for a couple of hours. It calmed down though and smells gorgeous. It makes me feel very pretty and feminine. I also can't believe how long it lasts. The first time I wore it I sprayed it at 4 in the afternoon and I could still smell it the next day at lunch after I had bathed my daughter and gone to the gym (then I showered so it was gone). A nice scent though overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by twitches

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! But when I describe it as "light" I only mean in relation to other tuberose scents, as it is still pretty powerful stuff. I have made the mistake of putting too much on (like I might do with a truly light scent) and just about knocking a roomful of people over - so be careful! But, I have always wanted a tuberose I could wear, but the ones I've tried (Fracas and Malle's "cardinal flower," I think) were just too much for me and I would feel a little sick wearing them. This is one I can do and as long as I'm sparing with it, it's just lovely. And talk about staying power! A little bit will last you all day.