October 21, 2014 | 1781 users online

Masks - Korres - Wild Rose Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SpaGrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mask. Love it love it love it. I use it whenever I look tired or had too much to drink the night before. Oops! Hangover be gone! I use it before big events too, since it perks up your complexion faster than anything I've ever used...and I've used a lot of stuff. I've also noticed that it really helps take out post-acne scars...the Vit C really helps to promote healing and take the red inflammation out. In fact, I even put the mask on mosquito bites to get the red out, since my fair skin will show the red spot for weeks!

Love love love. Cheap too, compared to most masks. At least IMO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lirial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this with a gift certificate to an odd place I'd normally never shop. But I'm glad I tried this, as it really does brighten and adds a good amount of moisture. It feels warm when it's on -- not burning or tingly, just warm. I have no sensitivities to this, and it leaves pores looking smaller immediately after use. I think the value is pretty good for the results. It comes in a 1.35oz jar for $27. I like the absence of petroleum products, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by btnycali1978

You will see a difference in your skin the first time you use this mask! It really brightens and makes your skin glow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by YuzuBunny

I really like this mask! It lives up to its name in the fact that it really does brighten up your skin. I feel like it brings a good level of clarity to the skin, so you look refreshed.

It is very white, with a thick lotion texture, and spreads easily. It has a soft scent of rose. It does not dry, so it never feels uncomfortable. It rinses off quite easily, too.

Also, it is moisturising so I never have to use a lotion after washing it off, even though i have slightly dry skin. I just go about with my plumped up, brightened skin

(*^_^*)

i do dislike the jar packaging, but i hate all jar packaging. It is a small little jar, at only 40 mL/1.35 oz, but i feel you don't need to use a lot, so it should last a while.

the only other thing is that it irritated a little red blemish on my face once, but i probably should not have put anything on it, anyway.

even though it is a little expensive for my budget, i will repurchase this when i finally finish the jar, because i feel it is worth it since it really does do what it says.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by laratron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First and foremost, let it be known that I'm a whitening/brightening/illuminating junkie. I'm on the pale side but have a tendency towards light all-over freckles and my pink undertones can leave me looking a little grey if I haven't had enough sleep. My HG product is Mario Badescu's Whitening Mask, but I'm always open to trying non-bleaching products that will give my skin that little bit of extra brightness.

Which brings us to Korres' Wild Rose Mask. Primarily a vitamin C mask, it promises to give an instant brightening effect and target discolouration by promoting healthy cell turnover. Given that the last part of the sentence is a pretty standard beauty industry trope, I think we can all safely let that one slide. As for the brightening effect, I'll absolutely agree with that - after rinsing off the mask I looked like I'd had 14 hours sleep, two litres of water and a glass of good champagne. Radiant glow, thy name is Lara! The effect lasted a good portion of the day before settling down into something normal-but-better, so I can highly suggest using this mask before going out, having a job interview, picking up you mother-in-law from the airport, etc etc etc.

The mask is non-drying and non-peeling, so it never sets. It has a silky feel and slight resistance when touched, and applies with a nice 'slide' resulting in an even thin layer. I apply it and leave it for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with tepid water. It removes cleanly; I didn't need to scrub at any areas to remove it.

My chief complaint with this product, as with a lot of Korres products, is the packaging. Given that Korres actively promote their use of minimal preservatives, I can't quite understand why they persist in using screw-top wide-mouth jars for cream products. There is no applicator supplied with the jar, so you either apply with fingers or a teaspoon cribbed from the kitchen. Seeing how this product has a reasonably low viscosity, I have to wonder why it isn't packaged in a pump bottle like their Sugar Crystal Cream (which is a thicker product, natch).

Would I repurchase this product? Yes, I probably will. I have more serious skin brightening products at my disposal (again the MB Whitening Mask) so I don't intend to use this mask for that function, but it makes an excellent as-needed illuminating product to give your skin that extra hit of dewy, youthful glow.

Ingredients: Water, CI77891, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit (Shea Butter), C12-13 Alkyl Lactate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Rosa Canina Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Mannitol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ceteth-20 Phosphate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Dextrin, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ferulic Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isohexadecane, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Panthenol, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate-80, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Phytate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract. continued >>

34 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No