Bioderma Sebium H2O

4.2

WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SODIUM CITRATE , ZINC GLUCONATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. Won't break me out like using cleansing oil, and is more clean than just using cleanser.

on 1/1/2010 8:27:00 PM

I'm really liking this gentle cleanser - It's easy on my sensitive skin and cleans up oil, and doesn't break me out. If i'm wearing heavy makeup I use a stronger cleanser first to make sure I get all my makeup off, then i'll swipe this over my face and rinse...it says there's no need to rinse but I find my face feels cleaner when I rinse it off. It's $ at $22 for 250 ml but I got it on sale with a coupon for $12.

on 11/11/2009 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I can never believe that any thing i rub on and off my face can make my face clean. At night i clean my makeup with precleanse, then wash with PURIF-AC Purifying Cleanser or kanebo oil control wash or mask. Then la roche possay Physiological Soothing Toner which have cleaning makeup ability. I cannot even try to take off my makeup with sebium H20, i should use half of a bottle and tons off cotton to rub off my face to be sure that my acne prone skin which would break off if i miss my cleaning rituel only once, would feel cleaned enough. well i have purchased this item because it was supposed to help oiliness. I use this one in the day once or twice just to clean off my oils. And it does that well without drying gently. But in long term it does not help my oiliness. In just one hour my face becomes oiliy as i have done nothing. soi am cutting off a lippie for that.
edit; i am still using it when i have no make up but need a gentle celaning.

on 11/1/2009 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have been using this product for 3 weeks and i love it so far.
ive been looking for this product for a long time and finally found it in shoppers. it works great on me, it didnt irritated my acne at all and it seems really clean my face. and after using it i think my acne is getting better,not dramatically, but somehow. love it! i will repurchase!

on 10/29/2009 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I said 'yes' to buying this product again, but I am unsure...I just can't get used to the fact that somehow, it truly is cleaning my skin by just swiping a cotton pad over it! I haven't had any issues with breakouts AT ALL and I've been using it for several months now, so I guess it's working. I think it's mainly psychological. However, if I use a toner afterward, there is still residue showing on the cotton pad, so I'm not sure that it's cleaning the skin entirely? But as I said, I haven't been having problems so my concerns aren't exactly justified. One other thing, I don't like using this on my eyes. It doesn't irritate my eyes themselves, but I have to rub a bit to get all the mascara off, so I do feel a slight bit raw around the eye area afterward. Usually I use something to get most of the makeup off around my eyes first.

on 10/22/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Seeing all the great reviews, I bought into the hype. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. My skin is currently changing due to the seasons (super dry vs. my normally combo skin/though still acne-prone). I loved the idea that it was a non rinse cleanser. The good thing was that it didn't dry out my skin to a severe degree. Every time I took a cotton pad and wiped my face down, I was all red and blotchy. I should have had more patience, but I gave up after 5 days. There DEFINITELY was a purge. Within the first two days, the impurities surfaced, NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. It was odd not having to use water. I was not psychologically satisfied or felt entirely clean. I think I like having my skin feel a tad tight after washing :)

on 9/18/2009 8:20:00 PM

i fell in love with bioderma's sebium line after using this product. it's gentle and effective and it's worked wonders to my oily skin, helping to minimize the pores and reduce the number of blackheads on my nose. if you have oily/combination skin you should definitely give this gentle cleanser a try.

on 9/13/2009 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was told by a cute SA that my pores were "big".. LOL. I had thought that my pores were almost invisible.. and this was a big blow to my ego!

She recommended this product and of course, I could not pass up the opportunity of making my big pores small.. and so it began. At first I thought this product did nothing for my skin. After the 3rd day, I woke up and WOW! I did see how my smallish/big pores did indeed become smaller. My skin feels really smooth and clear.

I love this stuff. I am so glad I was pseudo bullied into buying this!

Of course as is my custom, I will buy a backup or maybe two to keep on hand and when I travel.

I also bought the AKN sunblock, which I will try out on Monday on my trip to C.A. .

This product is unusual in that it does not have any fragrance, it has no sting from alcohol and yet it does it's job and then some.

Try it and you will discover how your skin can improve considerably.

Update: I have now been using this product for two weeks. As others have stated, I did get a few small blemishes from whatever junk was in my mind's miniscule pores -- After using the lotion on them and using my Pate Gris (Payot) cream at night, my skin is clear, clean and as smooth as a baby's butt.

I adore this stuff and have just acquired another two bottles!

on 9/12/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser. I have used this for at least 6 months, but it took a while until I saw the difference it made to my skin. I use both the Sebium and the Sensibio:
-Sebium is for someone who has oily skin, blackheads, etc because it really will clean your pores. It will take a couple of months to notice a difference (and for the first couple of weeks my skin did purge), but I can definitely see that my skin isn't as oily (I only need to blot after lunch, as oppose to 3 times a day). Wouldn't use this in the eye area, because I find it irritates my eyes (I wear contacts and I try to be careful about not irritating/drying out my eyes)
-Sensibio (imo) could be used on any skin type. I prefer Sebium, but Sensibio is awesome for removing eye makeup (I don't need an eye cream when I cleanse with this). Sometimes I use it in the evening (it feels so refreshing-like washing your face with mountain water :)
I use a cotton pad, drench the pad with the liquid (it looks and has the consistency of water) and remove my make up, and then I will use another cotton pad to remove any of the excess cleanser (dont rinse your face with water). After, I use the Sebium AKN lotion (amazing stuff). This cleanser removes my makeup very effectively (I use pur minerals and concealer).

This is a fantastic cleanser. I agree with the comment that said if I could bathe in it, I would! It is expensive (about $27 for a bottle), but for the difference I have seen in my skin, for me, it's worth it (I have used benxoyl peroxide products for the longest time, but with using this cleanser and the Sebium AKN lotion, I dont need to anymore-the cleanser & lotion are like magic! And I can't see any ingredients that would cause acne, which is a bonus). I live in Canada, and I usually wait until there is a sale when you can get a large bottle of the stuff for the same price as a regular bottle, and stock up. Highly recommended.

on 9/11/2009 7:15:00 PM

I adore this product! I'm on my third bottle and unless I happen to be wearing very heavy makeup (extremely rare), it takes off everything with one cotton pad and leaves my face feeling clean, smooth and refreshed. It has never aggravated my very acne prone skin. I'm very impressed with this product and I plan on trying more from the line.