Bioderma Sebium H2O

4.2

WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SODIUM CITRATE , ZINC GLUCONATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

on 3/25/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of the best products I've ever used - it is a true cleanser and it is great for oily & combo skin.It did not dry me out at all and left my skin smooth, soft and oil free.

Although it did not remove my blemishes, I think it helped in preventing them. Also it improves the appearance of pores.

Regarding price it isn't cheap but I got the big bottle and it lasts for ages and you only need a tiny amount. Packaging is convenient and you can control how much you want to place on the cotton pad. The only downside was that once it fell off my dresser and it has not been locking since.

To be honest I was quite surprised when I received this as I thought it was a foamy cleanser.. but it looked like a toner. I tried to lather it up but it was not effective. The instructions were in French so I did not understand them well.

I finally figured it out that you have to use a cotton pad or ball and it's amazing. I do not use it to remove make up, I use it after I cleanse and scrub well and still I find some residue on the cotton pad! So I guess it is really a gentle deep cleanser which helps to improve skin appearance.

on 2/13/2010 5:37:00 AM

I bought a twin-pack of the 500ml bottle of this in France for 15 euros (7.5 euros for one HUGE bottle....... great deal!!!!!!!!) but this is not available in the UK so I'll stock up next time I go. I first tried the Sensibio version of this in Hong Kong a few years back upon my beautician friend's recommendation. I read in lots of fashion & beauty magazines that Bioderma Micellene (sp????) fluid is the staple for many models and makeup artists alike for its gentle, but potent cleansing quality. I fell in love with this immediately. It looks and feels exactly like water but removes all traces of makeup and leaves my face clean and not stripped of moisture. However since this product is unavailable in the UK, I went back to Shu's cleansing oil and forgot about this amazing product until my trip to France. Sebium is similar to Sensibio, except that it's blue/green in colour and is fragranced (other reviewers said it's unfragranced but mine definitely is). I do have a slight preference for Sensibio because it feels gentler and I like the fact that it's fragrance free; having said that though, Sebium gives a 'cleaner' feel on oily skin without making it feel parched. I still use my Shu cleansing oil regularly but Bioderma is FANTASTIC for when you come home at 4am and can't even be bothered to move to the bathroom! I keep a bottle in my bedroom and one at my boyfriend's. I just clean my face with this (I ALWAYS use a separate eye makeup remover though!) until the cotton comes clean, and put on Dan Kern's BP and moisturiser and I can go to bed. One 500 ml bottle lasts about 3 months. Really amazing product and I just wish they stocked it here in the UK!!!

on 2/3/2010 12:39:00 AM

I like this even more than the original one! I have combination skin, so I decided to switch to this after using Sensibio H2O. The Sensibio H2O was great, but this Sebium H2O is perfect for combination/oily skin! Takes makeup off well, makes my skin feel so clean and soft and hydrated! HG! It's not like I use it on a daily basis, but I always have a bottle at home on days when I am really tired and want to save time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. Won't break me out like using cleansing oil, and is more clean than just using cleanser.

on 1/1/2010 8:27:00 PM

I'm really liking this gentle cleanser - It's easy on my sensitive skin and cleans up oil, and doesn't break me out. If i'm wearing heavy makeup I use a stronger cleanser first to make sure I get all my makeup off, then i'll swipe this over my face and rinse...it says there's no need to rinse but I find my face feels cleaner when I rinse it off. It's $ at $22 for 250 ml but I got it on sale with a coupon for $12.

on 11/11/2009 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I can never believe that any thing i rub on and off my face can make my face clean. At night i clean my makeup with precleanse, then wash with PURIF-AC Purifying Cleanser or kanebo oil control wash or mask. Then la roche possay Physiological Soothing Toner which have cleaning makeup ability. I cannot even try to take off my makeup with sebium H20, i should use half of a bottle and tons off cotton to rub off my face to be sure that my acne prone skin which would break off if i miss my cleaning rituel only once, would feel cleaned enough. well i have purchased this item because it was supposed to help oiliness. I use this one in the day once or twice just to clean off my oils. And it does that well without drying gently. But in long term it does not help my oiliness. In just one hour my face becomes oiliy as i have done nothing. soi am cutting off a lippie for that.
edit; i am still using it when i have no make up but need a gentle celaning.

on 11/1/2009 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have been using this product for 3 weeks and i love it so far.
ive been looking for this product for a long time and finally found it in shoppers. it works great on me, it didnt irritated my acne at all and it seems really clean my face. and after using it i think my acne is getting better,not dramatically, but somehow. love it! i will repurchase!

on 10/29/2009 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I said 'yes' to buying this product again, but I am unsure...I just can't get used to the fact that somehow, it truly is cleaning my skin by just swiping a cotton pad over it! I haven't had any issues with breakouts AT ALL and I've been using it for several months now, so I guess it's working. I think it's mainly psychological. However, if I use a toner afterward, there is still residue showing on the cotton pad, so I'm not sure that it's cleaning the skin entirely? But as I said, I haven't been having problems so my concerns aren't exactly justified. One other thing, I don't like using this on my eyes. It doesn't irritate my eyes themselves, but I have to rub a bit to get all the mascara off, so I do feel a slight bit raw around the eye area afterward. Usually I use something to get most of the makeup off around my eyes first.

on 10/22/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Seeing all the great reviews, I bought into the hype. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. My skin is currently changing due to the seasons (super dry vs. my normally combo skin/though still acne-prone). I loved the idea that it was a non rinse cleanser. The good thing was that it didn't dry out my skin to a severe degree. Every time I took a cotton pad and wiped my face down, I was all red and blotchy. I should have had more patience, but I gave up after 5 days. There DEFINITELY was a purge. Within the first two days, the impurities surfaced, NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. It was odd not having to use water. I was not psychologically satisfied or felt entirely clean. I think I like having my skin feel a tad tight after washing :)

on 9/18/2009 8:20:00 PM

i fell in love with bioderma's sebium line after using this product. it's gentle and effective and it's worked wonders to my oily skin, helping to minimize the pores and reduce the number of blackheads on my nose. if you have oily/combination skin you should definitely give this gentle cleanser a try.