July 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sebium H2O

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by ally138

i fell in love with bioderma's sebium line after using this product. it's gentle and effective and it's worked wonders to my oily skin, helping to minimize the pores and reduce the number of blackheads on my nose. if you have oily/combination skin you should definitely give this gentle cleanser a try.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was told by a cute SA that my pores were "big".. LOL. I had thought that my pores were almost invisible.. and this was a big blow to my ego!

She recommended this product and of course, I could not pass up the opportunity of making my big pores small.. and so it began. At first I thought this product did nothing for my skin. After the 3rd day, I woke up and WOW! I did see how my smallish/big pores did indeed become smaller. My skin feels really smooth and clear.

I love this stuff. I am so glad I was pseudo bullied into buying this!

Of course as is my custom, I will buy a backup or maybe two to keep on hand and when I travel.

I also bought the AKN sunblock, which I will try out on Monday on my trip to C.A. .

This product is unusual in that it does not have any fragrance, it has no sting from alcohol and yet it does it's job and then some.

Try it and you will discover how your skin can improve considerably.

Update: I have now been using this product for two weeks. As others have stated, I did get a few small blemishes from whatever junk was in my mind's miniscule pores -- After using the lotion on them and using my Pate Gris (Payot) cream at night, my skin is clear, clean and as smooth as a baby's butt.

I adore this stuff and have just acquired another two bottles!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by rschon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I have used this for at least 6 months, but it took a while until I saw the difference it made to my skin. I use both the Sebium and the Sensibio:
-Sebium is for someone who has oily skin, blackheads, etc because it really will clean your pores. It will take a couple of months to notice a difference (and for the first couple of weeks my skin did purge), but I can definitely see that my skin isn't as oily (I only need to blot after lunch, as oppose to 3 times a day). Wouldn't use this in the eye area, because I find it irritates my eyes (I wear contacts and I try to be careful about not irritating/drying out my eyes)
-Sensibio (imo) could be used on any skin type. I prefer Sebium, but Sensibio is awesome for removing eye makeup (I don't need an eye cream when I cleanse with this). Sometimes I use it in the evening (it feels so refreshing-like washing your face with mountain water :)
I use a cotton pad, drench the pad with the liquid (it looks and has the consistency of water) and remove my make up, and then I will use another cotton pad to remove any of the excess cleanser (dont rinse your face with water). After, I use the Sebium AKN lotion (amazing stuff). This cleanser removes my makeup very effectively (I use pur minerals and concealer).

This is a fantastic cleanser. I agree with the comment that said if I could bathe in it, I would! It is expensive (about $27 for a bottle), but for the difference I have seen in my skin, for me, it's worth it (I have used benxoyl peroxide products for the longest time, but with using this cleanser and the Sebium AKN lotion, I dont need to anymore-the cleanser & lotion are like magic! And I can't see any ingredients that would cause acne, which is a bonus). I live in Canada, and I usually wait until there is a sale when you can get a large bottle of the stuff for the same price as a regular bottle, and stock up. Highly recommended.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Chriss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this product! I'm on my third bottle and unless I happen to be wearing very heavy makeup (extremely rare), it takes off everything with one cotton pad and leaves my face feeling clean, smooth and refreshed. It has never aggravated my very acne prone skin. I'm very impressed with this product and I plan on trying more from the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by gumbyguy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bioderma Sebium H2O for Combination and Oily Skin. You may not know this now but you want this product. It's that good. I would bathe in it if I could. Instead of water you "wash" you face with this. It gets you clean right down to the protons and neutrons. It gets the dirt off you didn't even know was there. The stuff that your regular cleanser left behind. It helps calm down my acne resulting in fewer breakouts. Even my macho my husband loves it. I've been using it now for nine months and I have not one complaint against it. It's not drying, not sticky, not smelly. Of course I would like BioDerma to be selling it for one dollar a bottle, alas it's going to cost you more than a bar of soap. But if you've got the dough, though, pony up. Good stuff.

On a side note, I've also tried the Bioderma White Objective H20, which is for sensitive skin and for lightening skin tone. I cannot knock the H20 line, it's wonderful, but this product did in no way lighten my skin tone.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Zooba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love this thing!... it leaves my skin clean, fresh & soft.. It removes sunscreens and makeup in a very gentle way... no drying no irritation...The smell is great.
I bought this after I saw the ratings... really recommend this

Update:
After using this for a while I think it brings the deep sebium to the surface(eww) & makes them come to a head...so my face was breaking out with cystic pimples all over my cheeks...& they stayed on my cheeks for a long time (& their red scars stay forever). I think I won't purchase it again I'll be using the sensebio instead (gives me a clean cystic-free face:D)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser as I wanted to try something other than Avene Cleanance for my acne prone skin. Both products are in the same price range and the despenser in the Apothekery said that they are equal in effectivity. All in all it was ok but compared to Avene Cleanance I find that this product did not do the job as good. My skin did not feel as clean and I did experience more breakouts as compared to when I was using Avene. Also, after going over my skin with a cotton pad and toner there was always a lot of make up residue. I did not have this problem with the Cleanance Gel. I finished this off by using it also as a shower gel - which is also recommended.

On the positive side it is a very gentle cleanser and I did not experience any burning or irritation. It does also have a very soft soothing fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by smkyzor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

wonderfull stuff. Ive suffered from dermatitis seborrheic (oily skin and redness in my t zone) and after trying a bunch off stuff that only irritated even more my skin, my derm put me on sensibio H2O and sensibio DS cream. After 1 month my skin was better but not perfect. Since my dermatitis seborreich was not that "angry" i switched the sensibio h2o to sebium h2o. Wow, its just as gentle as sensibio h2o and CLEANS better and my skin is not oily and my seborreich is gone! if you could see a picture before i tried the sensibio h2o, sensibio DS and later the sebium h2o and one picture after you would not believe how much my skin improved. Also i was getting some small pimples (2month after accutane) and the sebium h2o got rid of them! I already bought 3 large bottles (will last 1 year probably) with the fear off discontinuing this product! love this stuff..really do!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by nooram

i'm 29 yrs ,female,combination skin and frequent pimples in the chin area,i've visited many dermo. dr., had benzac,defferin,dalacin...etc. also tried expensive skin products.until my friend (pharmacist)suggested bioderma.it is marvellous ,i took sebium gel wash,the smell is so good that i don't want to wash it,sebium h2o is light,and i took sebium cream for seboregulating.i have brown spots from previous pimples,so i took the white objective pen for sensitive skin also from bioderma whitenning range,it's easy to apply ,2 times a day ,i've been using it for 10 days now and the spots started to fade..great stuff ,love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bjorne_again

After having great results with Bioderma's Sensibio H2O cleanser, but deciding that I wanted something a little more suited to combo/acne-prone skin, I tried this, and I gotta say it's pretty great. It cleans just as well/better than the Sensibio, and leaves you feeling even CLEANER, which is psychologically important for us acne-prone folk.

My skin is left feeling refreshed,hydrated and squeaky clean, but I do need to follow it up with my trusty LRP physiological toner or else I feel just a touch irritated. This is my preferred cleanser for when I'm feeling like a grease-bomb about to explode into zits, but I don't really feel it's stripping, I think it's just that coolness that throws my skin off. Stings the eyes just the teeniest bit. Love it ALMOST as much as Sensibio!