October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Lip Treatments - Avon - Avon Dew Kiss Lip Dew

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by taizi

I'm not sure why people say it has a waxy feel to it or that it tastes weird because I think this product is pretty good and only .99 cents a piece. When I first put it on my digusting chapped lips, it had a nice feel to it and there was no waxy texture and it also kept my lips nice and moist through out my hiking adventure. I love avon chapsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Tracypeyton

I have used this for many years and love it!! It goes on really smooth and leaves my lips moist throughout the day. Since it is sooooo cheap I can have one in several different spots. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by manderson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the lip product I keep on the counter with my daily face cleaners and moisturizers and treatments. I don't find that it has any particular special properties, except being just plain good as a simple moisturizing lip balm. I use it at night, and often in the morning as well as a "base coat" before lipstick. I don't use it throughout the day, just at home as part of my moisturizing/treatment procedures. It even smells like some kind of moisturizer or cleanser.

It's easy to apply in a chapstick like tube (no digging in a pot, or squeezing from a tube and using finger to spread, or any other hassle). However the consistency on lips is not like chapstick. On, it has a consistency like petroleum jelly plus lotion (??) not at all sticky, light sheen, very smooth soft application. That's why I use it for nighttime moisture and as a base coat - it's just easy and nice.

Tastes like perfume, and doesn't do anything fancy, like exfoliate or plump... that's why 4 not 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by happywhensad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this stuff for the price. My lips are always smooth after I use it while sleeping. It's so cheap that my 3 1/2 year old can have her own and pretend it's "lipstick".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok I left one lippy off for the soapy powdery floral scent.....however, I would still purchase again - i love the clear pink slight barely there tint - this plumps my lips and after a while....I found the scent kind of comforting like a hug from my grandma or something....The packaging is great - clear pink tube - you see how much you get and no dipping your finger in a gunky pot. This one actually really really grew on me :) I will recommend this ONLY for major hard core chap-stick addicts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ew. Feels like thick wax and stinks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by PeeWeeScaresMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for 69 cents and it works quite well considering the price. I thought at one time it was clear (though I could be wrong), but now it seems to have a slight shimmery pink tone. It doesn't have any spf, but that doesn't really bother me, the only thing I don't like is the scent--it kind of reminds me of cheap baby wipes. Fortunately, the scent isn't too strong and it moisturizes decently so I would probably repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by rose_idyllic

I bought this lipbalm after reading the great reviews on MUA. However, I was disappointed in this product. On my lips, it feels waxy, though light, I have to reapply it very often, and I hate its smell. It feels like it just sits on top of my lips, and that's probably why it has to be reapplied often. If I use this, my lips will continue to be chapped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2006 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

You girls are right! I bought Moisture Therapy this for my son who has dry lips due to acne medication. At 99c, I had to buy one for me, too. He loves it, I love it. *Update* So I had to try Dew Kiss, too - seems like the same thing w/o the SPF15. Both go on very smooth with no scent and stay on pretty well. They come in a chapstick-like tube which is convenient, as well. This does have petroleum jelly in it, although it's not the main ingredient. *Much* better than Chapstick. I have been using Lip Medex for *years* and this will now be replaced - I'll use Dew Kiss at home and MT on the road. At 69c on sale, what could be better?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by TamJamB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I took one point off because it has no SPF. However, the lack of SPF hasn't stopped me using it for 30 or so years!

I love the stuff. I love the way it feels, I love the way it tastes, and I love the lanolin-ish way it smells. And I ADORE how cheap it is! I buy it 10 tubes at a time and have it stashed all over my house. I am extremely picky about lipstuff -- I can't abide anything heavy or gooey and I'm very fussy about how lipstuff tastes. This is just the perfect lipbalm -- or it would be if it had some darned SPF.