April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Crème - Graftobian - High-Definition Glamour Color Creme Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by reesesilverstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my go to for special events. It's a medium coverage cream that can be sheered out or built to full coverage. It is comfortable on, but doesn't feel like you're wearing nothing. Hasn't cause any breakouts or eczema flares. I like that there are so many shades, and the price isn't exorbitant that it isn't a problem to find your shade - especially if you buy the palettes. All in all, it's a keeper and one of my favorite foundations.
Shades: Deep Xanthe & Midnight Marigold

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

Hands down the best foundationt that I've used. It feels light yet provides full coverage. I wish i had discovered this foundation before my wedding...oh well. I wore this to my sister's wedding a few months ago, and was astonished at how flawless my skin came out in the pix (the photoghaphers for mine & her wedding are the same so it's got to be the foundation). This is not something that I'd wear everyday, only for special occasion/going out, as i am afraid of my pores getting clogged up. I got the Warm#2 palette which provided me with enough shades to get me through all the changes in my facial color, thoughout the year + highligher/contour shades & more. For $20 (from makeupmania.com) i think this is a steal

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is a bit bananas. I recently quit smoking too, so now my skin is totally hating me. Way dryer in the winter and uber oily in the summer. I'm sure that's normal for a lot of people, but it literally messed up my routines. I had no idea how to do my makeup anymore lol. In comes this beauty of a foundation. I've had the hardest time finding foundations that work with my skin and colouring. Saw the great reviews for Graftobian and decided on the complete warm palette. This baby is going to last me forever! And I don't have to go anywhere for a new shade when the summer changes my skin tone because this palette covers every shade I could possibly be. If one of the colours doesn't suit me, mix them! The way I use it is with a damp beauty blender. Any other way and it's cakey for me. Right now my skin is super dry, so I swirl the BB in the foundation, then dab it in some moisturizer and blend it into my skin. If I do the bounce, it's still too heavy, so I sweep it on. Sounds like it defeats the purpose of the BB, but it works like a charm. You seriously don't need much, I sheer it down to next to nothing and I still get great coverage. I couldn't possible use this any heavier, it definitely would clog pores. Then in the summer, I skip the moisturizer part and use some finishing powder to set. No powder in the winter, it doesn't need it. This stuff looks just like skin! And pictures? Never looked better (or younger lol). Seriously worth it ladies..

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by QuilleyReturns

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

This covers well, but those who have a sensitivty to mineral oil, petroleum and other oils should be cautious. Yes, the finish is beautiful, the color range amazing, however I would expect this as these cosmetics are formulated for stage and screen. I talked to a few actress friends about this who told me that they RUN to remove this from their skin when they are done for the day. This product did not work for me as I have sensitive skin. I could not understand why their skin didn't react the same way until they reminded me that regular facials, peels, extractions, etc. prevent their skin from reacting to this. As for me, a woman who is NOT a professional actress, it completely ruined my skin and it took me a good 6 months to get it back to normal. I keep it in my kit for special occasions only when I have a one night event to attend and then RUN to take it off before it does any major damage. Cleaning with a Clarisonic is a must for me with this product. Buyer/user beware.

16 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Sharondale77

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I'm old, I'm still a makeup-junkie. Being older, my skin is very much on the dry side. I have very few wrinkles due to my Italian heritage and thick skin.
I heard about this makeup on a YouTube video where the woman was showing how to define your eyes but her skin looked perfect. One of the people in the comment area, asked what she was wearing. This was the first I had heard of this makeup. As I normally do, I checked out the reviews here on MUA and it was also highly recommended.
I first ordered a couple of the makeup pallettes to find my true color. What a great concept!
I finally found my color and use a couple of the colors in the pallettes as a concealer under my eyes, where I like the color to be a little bit lighter than the foundation.
I first applied it with a damp sponge and was very pleased. But I still felt my skin looked a little dry. I then started applying it with a few drops of Dr. Hauschka moisturizer on the sponge. I had purchased this lotion awhile ago but didn't feel it was "rich" enough for my needs but found it perfect for this way of using it. The makeup just glides on this way, and where I have some broken cappillaries on my cheeks, I apply it a little heavier, using a patting type application. Even then, it doesn't look too heavy.
After applying it to my entire face, I look like I have perfect skin. Never does it look like makeup even. My face looks like an ad in a magazine that has been air-brushed to achieve a perfect complexion.

I find this product to be just amazing. It'll last a long time because you need very little when applying it. I would encourage everyone to try it because it's that good. I've used practically every foundation every made and have never been this satisfied, either the color is always wrong (even with salesperson picking the color). I look too "made-up" or my skin still seems to dry.
I love the glowy, dewy look I get with this method. Others who's skin is not dry, don't need to use a moiturizer to add to the foundation, like I do.
Long ago, I had read that a lot of Hollywood types mix their foundation with a few drops of moisturizer, a drop of liquid blusher and a glow-y type liquid (I sometimes do this using Smashbox's illuminating primer. I haven't found a liquid blusher yet to complete this formula.
I urge everyone who can't find a satisfactory foundation to give this a try. Order a couple pallettes first to find your right color, using the warm, light or neutral shades that fit your coloring as they are not expensive. Neither is the foundation pot.
I doubt I will ever try and waste my money on any other foundation every again.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT:
This might have a nice finish, but this foundation clogs pores, and it does it really badly. It gave me cystic acne on my chin/cheek/forehead/under eyebrows in about a week of me using it. I wouldn't even say that I have sensitive skin - Garnier Fresh Toner usually balances my skin out, even if I've been wearing silica or oily foundation - but it couldn't reverse this mess. Sore, hard, under the skin zits caused by this foundation.
The foundation doesnt even last that long either - 3-4 hours.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Yes I will definitely buy this again. In fact I just ordered a whole slew of palettes from our local Graftobian distributor and planning on using this extensively on my clients.

The range of shades is wide and varied. Anybody can find a foundation match w/ the shades available. They have it in Cool, Neutral and Warm, and from the lightest to darkest skin tones. So I mean anybody, literally, can find a shade that can match w/ their skin color and undertone.

The product is heavy and thick, and has a matte finish, so it's important to use a little amount & apply w/ a light hand. I find that this is best applied w/ a damp sponge, I use a foundation brush to apply the product in sections across my face then I use a damp sponge to work the foundation on my face - a tapping motion if I want more coverage and swiping motion to thin it out. I find that this work best if set w/ Graftobian HD Dual Finish powder foundation and it looks absolutely beautiful in photographs. In every day use, it's best to apply this lightly and thinly for a beautiful finish. Since you only need a little amount, it takes a while to finish the whole pot.

The price is more than half cheaper than leading HD foundations and performs much better in my opinion. But of course Graftobian just used a cheap plastic pot as packaging that opens up when you twist it. No bells and whistles w/ the packaging of this product - so I understand the lower price range. The good thing about this is you can scoop the product out and place it in an empty palette. Very handy for makeup artists.

This doesn't have an SPF too, that's the reason why it's cheaper. And that's why it's also one of the best foundations to use in photographs because this doesn't give that white cast on faces that foundations w/ SPF gives. Graftobian is geared toward professional MUA's, for TV, theater and movies, and it's only recently that they have made a presence w/ the regular consumers.

I cannot stress enough how I love Graftobian foundations, they're even better than Shu Uemura's Nobara and that has been my staple cream foundation for the longest time. Less expensive too!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by mileanxhela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream foundation has high coverage and covers very well, although if I apply too much it could cake and escentuate dryness. I do not use it as an all over face foundation because it looks heavy..I only use it as a concealer and as a concealer I love it! Plus it is cheap.I am a NW20 in MAC and I use Neutral prema donna. It is a tad bit light for an all over the face but as a concealer under my eyes it is perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kp07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the Graftobian concealer pallets in all the colors! application is easy, the formula is great and the colors re amazing. The corrector color pallet is my fav!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by oriorp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought the neutral foundation palette in 1. Can use it all year round. Literally imperceptible on my skin, with full coverage and no corpse like quality. Love it. Cheap too.