September 30, 2014 | 1265 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Anicia

I've heard wonderful things about this line of brushes for such a long time. I had high hopes and even picked up two when I finally made it to target. I like the shape, PRICE and sturdy pearly handle. The brush picks up and packs on color very well. However, I've been using these brushes for three days and my eyelids are starting to feel rough and irritated. I initially noticed these aren't as soft as my other brushes, but that didn't bother me upon application but it's obviously not agreeing with the sensitive eyelid skin so I will discontinue using these for eyeshadow. Maybe I could salvage them for contouring my nose? I don't feel like I've lost anything ($2, big deal) but I will definitely not be picking up any other ELF eye brushes. Maybe I'll have better luck with their face brushes..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush it is so inexpensive and I distributes my eyeshadow as good as my highend brushes. You should just look for the one that has longer bristles.I use this to pat color on my lids. It's great

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Joanna20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Seriously I am really pissed off!!! After researching online I believe this brush along with many others from the ESSENTIALS/PROFESSIONAL line IS MADE OUT OF HORSE HAIR!! LIKE REALLY? FOR WHAT REASON? I would assume that a cheap product from the dollar store would be made from fake materials NOT REAL ANIMAL HAIR. I don't have anything to say about how it performs because the horse hair is the ultimate turnoff. UNBELIEVABLE!! Based on online research these products from the essentials/professional line are made from horse hair: the eyeshadow brush, eye defining brush, total face brush,powder brush,blushing/bronzing/blending brush,fan brush,blending eye brush,eye crease brush, and lip defining brush. So... almost the whole line of BASIC brushes are made from horse hair or maybe even a different kind of animal hair. CAN THEY AT LEAST MENTION THIS ON THE BACK OF THE PACKAGING THAT WAY PEOPLE KNOW, LIKE WTF?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This eyeshadow brush packs a lot of pigment and blends easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This brush works well for $1 it's dense so it packs on the pigments. It can blend easily. The Handel is chic, having a pearl finish. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by LisaNicole1127

I'm love this brush and use it for every make up look I do. It's the perfect size for applying shadow to the lid precisely. However, it's also soft enough to blend. I often turn it vertically to apply shadow to my crease when I'm short on time and it distributes the shadow evenly and blends it really nicely. My only complaint is that, where the metal meet the wood can get really loose, and in fact, i was using my mom's and it separated all together. As in the top of the brush fell off. I just applied some super glue to the wood and stuck the top back on. That would be my only complaint for this brush, but overall, it's a great brush. And you really can't beat the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a few of these brushes. If you do purchase one, keep some glue handy, as the handle does separate from the metal it's easily fixed with eyelash glue, but it's not a problem, the brushes are 1.50. They do shed abit, which is to be expected from the price, but they pick up product well, and the hairs are soft. I use these brushes if I don't want to use or leave my MAC ones dirty if I'm in a rush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This picks up colour fine but why I would not recommend it is that is it very scratchy! I own 3 of these and they are all harsh on my eyes, not soft at all. The shape is not great either, all 3 that I own have hairs sticking out because they're not all cut the same size.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Deposits color quite easily. Hurts like hell just like everyone of elf brushes (havent tried mineral brushes yet though)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like others have said, this brush is excellent for laying down or packing on color. Smooth, dense bristle head. My one complaint would be that some are loose at the ferrel. However for $1, just buy another or simply glue it. Maybe its appearance isn't the sleekest, but who cares?? It works great. I own several that I use with UD shadows daily.