December 21, 2014 | 946 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this foundation in color number 34.

The packaging is a black pump, but I transferred it into an empty Bobbi Brown moisturizer jar that I had. Silly? Perhaps. The reason I did this is so when I shake it up, I can use the amount that gets on the lid, tap my brush into it, and scrape the brush off on the side of the lid. This gives me the perfect amount for my entire face. It just makes me feel like I'm not being wasteful.

It gives me good coverage, but I don't have a lot that needs to be covered. I have redness on my chin and around my nose and my jawline breaks out when I sleep under my husbands arm (I think from his deadorant getting on my face). This covers these issues well.

It stays on for me all day with no problems. My skin is dry, so I can't speak on how it would perform on oily skin. For us dry folks, this is great, as it's water based.

Now...on to the fragrance. It does have a fragrance and it is rather strong, but I really realllly like it. I don't know what it is, but I just love smelling it.

I definitely recommend it and will buy it again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has coverage, people! I, in general, love MUFE. And this foundation is pure love to me. I have medium dark skin with really strong yellow undertone, I am also quite acne-prone, clog-prone and I have combination-oily skin but my skin can also get really, really dry (I know, it's weird). In MAC, I would be along the line of NC35-37, but even NC35 is not yellow enough for me and MAC is known to put strong yellow undertones in their NC bases. I wear the shade #34 and it's a spot-on match! Now, on to the coverage and performance. This has coverage and I wasn't expecting that much coverage when I bought it, my skin at the moment is not at its best since I have some hyperpigmentation and uneven skin. I use a really, really small amount and I buff it in using a kabuki brush, and voila! Perfect-looking skin! I use the tiniest bit of concealer over darker marks and an extra layer of foundation on my dark circles, set it with a powder and this lasts me 9 hours! I didn't even look all that shiny and I live in sunny Indonesia, not to mention I'm a very active college student who often has to run around the campus and this stays put on me. I tend to get oily by mid-day but I didn't when I had it on, and my skin just looks beautiful with it on. This also doesn't further clog my pores or break me out, it's just pure love. I don't like foundation with SPF and this is perfect for daytime wear worn over a layer of sunscreen or for night time because it doesn't have SPF. I highly recommend this to everyone with combination skin, it has a dewy finish but when set with a light loose powder, you can get a satin finish and a real looking skin.

PS: this is a great undereye concealer for me for it doesn't crease AT ALL.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wish sephora would get the lightest shades in stock again but until then shade 20 works okay for me as long as I blend well down my neck and chest (NW15/20 in the winter). When first pumped from the bottle (make sure to shake it well first) the texture is somewhat lackluster but after I stipple it on and buff with my sigma f80 brush I could care less what it looks like straight out of the bottle. It is not tacky feeling like MAC F&B and it doesn't oxidize on my skin either. I personally don't mind the smell at all but as it is rather strong I can see how it would bother others. This foundation feels really light and after it dries I forget I even have anything on. In my experience it has been very transfer resistant which is a great feature. Really love this foundation (besides the price of course) I just wish I was able to get my hands on the lightest shades (36/38 I believe) to mix to make a better color match for the winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I purchased this liquid foundation hoping that it would work well with my skin type (large pores,oily skin) after reading other reviews. I also really liked that this foundation was mainly water based. Unfortunately this foundation didn't work with my skin type, my pores still seemed huge even with pore minimizer underneath, and despite using primer this foundation wasn't long wearing at all. I did use this on my mum for her bridal makeup however and on her it worked extremely well, it didn't emphasize any wrinkles and instead gave her a dewy youthful glow and evened out her skin tone nicely as well, and photographs nicely as you don't get the dreaded white face in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by clemon

Great foundation! Light coverage that's perfect for daily use, comfortable to wear, long lasting. Only complaint is the shade range (but this extend to all mufe foundations): they are all either too yellow or too beige or too pink! Still works fine with a little blending though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I really don't like this foundation. This is expensive stuff for water and pigment! I got it because I have a weird reaction to MAC Face and Body. I know people say that the MUFE version offers more coverage but I beg to differ. This offers significantly less coverage than the MAC foundation.
The MUFE version also has terrible staying power. I wore this to work one day 8-3pm and by lunch time, I checked my face and was horrified to see all of my make up literally coming off in patches. I sit in an air conditioned room all day so I'm not really sure what caused this. I use a primer, setting spray, setting powder..everything.
Determined to make this work I tried this again the next day when I was just at home. Same thing. Gross. I returned this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by pandagrl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation. I'm the shade 32 and I find it matches me really well. You have to shake it up before use, but it comes with in a very sturdy glass bottle and a nice pump that allows me to easily control how much I use. I usually use a pump and a half, and smooth it on with my fingers. It goes on smoothly, looks invisible and natural, never cakey, and gives a light coverage. It is great for photos and one bottle has lasted me a very long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by rachyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When it comes to makeup, I'm always looking for the most natural coverage. I have combination skin, so I do tend to have a breakout here and there, and I do get an oily t-zone at times. I also live in a hot hot climate, so I'm basically always sweating! This means its harder to cover everything up (like breakouts) if I'm trying to look like I have no makeup on at all (and without sweating it all off)....MUFE Face and Body is hands down the most natural foundation I've ever used! And it doesn't run off my face when I sweat! Even my brother uses it sometimes SHHH! I've been using this product for about 6months now, and I love it! It stays on perfectly for about 3-4hours and it doesn't give me breakouts (I've actually noticed an improvement to my skin since using this product, as it doesn't irritate my skin at all),and I have even slept with it on. However, if you have oily skin, like I mostly do, then I'd recommend using the MUFE translucent setting powder to set this foundation, works wonders and lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by stephaniepress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish I didn't have to wear foundation, but in all my searches, this is my favorite. I have sensitive/reactive skin and the gel-like consistency and water-base do not seem to irritate me, it feels like a second skin that breathes. It melts in and doesn't rub off easily or change color/separate throughout the day like other foundations. It matches my skin tone so well.

I do have combo skin so I apply powder to set. I've tried many expensive foundations, and recommended inexpensive ones, and this is my favorite for my reactive, sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is packaged in a lovely glass bottle with a black pump, always useful. The foundation itself is a gel/watery formulation. I've found that the best method for applying this foundation is to use my fingers and to swipe it in the red/blotchy areas and THEN pat and blend it into the skin.

The coverage is medium and can be built up nicely. The finish is really beautiful. It is difficult to look cakey with this on since the formulation is quite thin. This foundation also doesn't seem to oxidise on me, the color seems the same at the end of the day.

I am Asian and number 20 matches me pretty well.

My only potential area of concern is the possibility of breakouts. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I'm still waiting to see if any breakouts occur. I've been using it for 2 weeks so far without incident, but will update if there are changes.

UPDATE: No changes, my skin seems to love this foundation, whee!

2ND UPDATE: The formula seems to gunk up pretty quickly. Not a big problem, but I do need to waste a third of every foundation I pump since the first third is all gunked up and unusable. 4 lipsticks instead of 5.