October 21, 2014 | 1229 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by xochella

this would be a HG product if it was in a different packaging! the formula is amazing!!!!!!!!! i bought HUSH HUSH on a whim at the mac counter expecting it to be like the TLCs, but way wrong. tendertones are even better. the container is glass and a bit heavy. also, the cap can screw off easily if not shut tightly (i noticed this after carrying it in my purse and came close to having a mess) but definitely will buy again!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 3:33:00 AM More reviews by seasplash

I decided to reward myself with a new lip product after feeling a bit down about my recently broken ankle and I chose MAC Tendertone in Pucker due to all the good reviews on this site. I must say that I quite like it! Pucker is a 'juicy' raspberry red balm with tiny blue and gold shimmer particles. It smell strongly of strawberry (which I usually dislike, but suprisingly doesn't mind here as it seems kind of summery). The best thing, however, is the shine and devine texture of this. This is not some sticky gloss! It goes on smoothly and evenly, coating your lips for hours and making them look sparkly and luscious. I love putting a bit of this over my lipstick as a finishing touch. It not only provides great shine, but it also moisturizes wonderfully counteracting the drying effect of some l/s. Would i repurchase this? Not sure yet. The pot is quite big and this will undoubtly last me for a quite a while. Though a great, high-quality product, I also see myself getting tired of the strong fruity smell after continous use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by EHdez7

Tendertones are a gorgeous subtle tint with spf 12 in a jar. It's kind of like a cross between a lip balm and a soft non-sticky gloss. I love them blended with a lip liner or layered underneath a lipglass to make them less sticky and more comfortable to wear! My only minor complaint is that I usually prefer things in tubes as opposed to pots but its still a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by killaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

when these first came out, i NEVER expected to love them as much as i do now! i bought a couple, just for the hell of it... "Tender Baby" and "Softnote" and now i think i'm gonna need some back-ups for "Tender Baby"! its such a pretty true pink... no extra sparkle or anything! i really love that they have SPF 12, without having the icky SPF taste/smell from the usual MAC Tinted Lip Conditioners... not to mention they feel so much better on! they give a great glossy sheen, without being sticky or goopy... needless to say, i'll be getting a few more of these :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

OMG, I love this stuff. Ever since being on Accutane, my lips have been extremely dry, peeling and even cracking. Most of the time, my lips just hurt from being so dry.

I couldnt wear any lipgloss as it would just irritate and dry out my lips even more. I had given up on the notion where I can wear come color on my lips. I thought I would just have to put Aquaphore on my lips and that was it.

Well, not so with Tendertones. I have the color Take a Hint, which is a sheer baby pink. The best part about these is that it is so moisterizing. I can actually wear this and it feels so good on my lips. It gives my lips so much moisture that it doesnt look flaky and peeling. And it lasts a pretty long time too. Even when it wears off, I can feel the moisture still. And it gives me that super pouty sheer pink shiny gloss look that I love.

I am gonna go back and stock up on these in case they stop making them. These are the best things ever for lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by scarletmaeve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is some Great Lip Balm. So yummy and it has staying power which alot of lip balms dont have. I purchased the Pucker/ raspberry color and although in the pot it looks Fuschia, when applied it gives a lovely soft pink tint. So very soft and pretty and perfect for a natural summer look. I'm making my friends jealous everytime they visit with this stuff but I think it's only a matter of time before they get their own.

As usual, its the packaging which I would love improved. I use a brush to apply because fingers are just too messy and wasteful. Easy to do when your at home, but when you want to re-apply and your out and about, looking for the lip brush at the bottom of your purse... now it's a little more challenging. Still the Gloss is too fabulous not to own so go get some before its gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved the "Pucker-Up" balm so much I went back to the MAC counter and bought "Shush" and "Soft Note." In intend to get every color as they are so wearable and the feel great on. Although they initially cost $14.50 each, which IS spendy for a lip gloss/balm, the amount in the pot is generous and, imho, brings the price/per/use way down.

I am a PPP, MAC NC20 in the winter, but tan well in the summer. Very thin lips, so glosses are my friends. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 1:40:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

I was at the MAC counter when they puting these out. My MA showed them to me, but at 1st I wasn't impressed because I didn't care for the pot form and the fact I had to swipe my finger in there anytime I wanted to use it, so I passed on it...well, a few weeks later, I was back at the MAC counter and decided to give it a try, as the smell from these lip blams are so yummy!! My 1st one was Hush,Hush, and it is very sheer with the slightest hint of color...needless to say, I LOVE it!! I can't stop using them. It is perfect cause it is not waxy, yet smooth and lightweight, it has an SPF 12 which is always a plus...point being, I ran out and bought 6 more as they are LE...highly recommend it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by chanelancomestila

This is definitely a must get! I can safely pronounce it the BEST lip balm I've ever tried.

The colours are admittedly sheer, but can be built up in intensity if desired and the smell is great and not overpowering for those who don't like scent. Probably one of the best things about it is the SPF in them, perfect for summer and without any of the nasty smell that the TLCs do.

They come in really big pots, so it is value for money at such a price and for such great quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 3:03:00 AM More reviews by bolsasycosas

Ok, let me say that I have to be either very impressed or very dissapointed with a makeup product to write a review, PLUS I have never tried a MAC makeup product yet, this is my first one. (love the brushes tho).

I went to buy the lip retractable mac brush 318 and ended buying one of these lovely tendertones in "take a hint". It is a sheer baby pink with noticeable shimmer but still nothing disco ball-esque.

Anyway, I came home and I am a happy camper. The MUA suggested to buy the darker brown, (I think the name is "deep sigh"), and "pucker" because he said those two are the ones selling like hot pancakes but I am very happy I decided to go with "take a hint".

For how it looked when I tried them both, I would say that pucker is not as shimmery as take a hint, pucker is more of a raspberry to purplish color and take a hint is a nice baby pink loaded with shimmer.

I have yellowish, medium to fair latino skin, only able to wear warm tones , so usually berries, mauves, pinks, and plums (and any cool tones) look hideous on me but this pink is a winner.

The amount of lip gloss in the pot is great! The price is perfect for such amount of product. I don't have a problem with the product being in a jar, since I as said before, I just bought the portable mac lip brush and cannot stop using them both.

I see myself using it until it is gone, which is too much to say since I usually forget about my lip products once I get something else. 5 lippies!

Update: I went back for "deep sigh" (wanted to have one brown shade). After having "deep sigh" on for about 4 hours it started tasting like SPF, yuck!! It was still showing in my lips so it really lasts, but the smell/taste of SPF was getting strong by the minute!!. Only happened with deep sigh, not with take a hint. I had to take a lippie off because of that. Bummer! :(