November 23, 2014 | 1937 users online

Hair Treatments - Aphogee - Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jammer72

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair did NOT like this. My hair was in terrible condition after using Sebastian Cellophanes. I had lots of breakage and dryness from that so really needed a restorative treatment. Bought and applied this per instructions and my hair was not a smidge better. Maybe worse now! Still dry, frizzy and breaking off. Do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by oddelabop

I bought this product, as being a member of the LHC it is recommended by a few members- Also I am slightly obsessed with the upkeep of my hair.

Quick description of my hair, hip-length blonde hair which is in good conditions but I use highlights - no bleach - but colour every 2 months or so on the roots.

I have previously used the 2-minute Keratin reconstructor. So I thought I'd give this a whack particularly after reading the many many reviews on this product.

I was a bit hesitant as some people said that the condition of their hair afterwards was even worse and drier after using it, which made me slightly nervous. So on top of this i bought the condtioner recommended, Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner and also this weird morroccan argan hair oil mask thing.

So everyone seems to complain about how the smell of this stuff is like rotten eggs and how messy it is. I can honestly say it wasn't that messy to apply and nor did it smell like rotten eggs. It smelt like chemicals, but nothing that was gonna burn the insides of your nose off! So yes - I then dried it with the hair drier as stated. And as someone else put on the reviews, my hair didn't go rock solid - just felt like i had absolutely overdosed on mousse and gel products.

After that - i washed it out and i have to say it came out very easily. The product i could tell was lasting in my hair however I did notice that my hair was drier. So I then overloaded on the conditioner dried it off and styled as usual.

Can honestly say, breakage in my hair has reduced and it feels like silk. I would definitely reccommend this product as long as you buy AN INTENSIVE CONDITIONING treatment afterwards. I'll definitely be adding this to my hair regime.

So all in all nowhere near as scary as alot of people claim and definitely worthwhile using!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

My hair was going through an awful time and my hairdresser used this to stop the breaking. That was 3 years ago, and I've been a fan of the product line ever since. Protein treatments are tricky and on hair that is already dry, it can be a death-nail if not used correctly. Having relaxed, color-treated hair which already makes my hair dry, this is not a product I would use at home. However, Aphogee's 2-step protein treatment was my introduction to the Aphogee brand. Since, I have found other wonderful styling products within the rest of the product line that I use at home. I hear Aphogee has been around for ages, however, I had never heard of it until I really needed the help this 2-step protein treatment provided. I'm a fan!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by underage

So I bought this solely off of the reviews..which seem great. Left it on my hair and blow-dried it until it was pretty solid. Rinsed it out and then used the deep conditioner it came with for about half and hour. I noticed no difference in my hair. It seemed dryer. A few days later my hair is breaking off even worse and I'm losing tons of hair!! Every time I brush it clumps fall out!! The only thing I tried was this so it must have had a bad effect on my hair. Any suggestions on how to fix this please let me know :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by BuckNekked

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just tried this for the first time based off great reviews. This stuff delivers. It deposits protein in your hair, which is essential if you bleach it like me (or if you're a vegetarian like me!) As soon as I started rinsing it off in the shower, I could tell my hair texture was different and better. Once dry, it feels stronger and more manageable. The stuff is super stinky though. And the 2nd step (conditioner) has a grandma throwback scent, but I just pretended I was getting my hair done by Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias. I imagine that's how that salon would smell. Hey maybe that's weird but it makes the process more fun!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by waterline

I'm currently doing the no-poo regime for my very bleached hair and just wanted to let any natural girls know that this stuff is magic for us too. Instead of shampooing before use, I just used my normal replacement for it, baking soda. This has increased the health of my hair like crazy. New HG product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MbMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. I have used it several times over the years, whenever I remember that my hair likes protein. I always get great results. I definitely have to do both steps, though. I've got to have the moisture after my protein.

I've never used heat for the first step. I know that's what the directions say, but I don't have a good heat source available. That's OK. It works just fine - it just takes longer. My hair still dries rock hard. It takes some time to rinse it out gently, but it DOES come out. AFter that, the deep conditioner goes on until I feel like rinsing it out.
My hair comes out great, full of body and shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by lilyflower26

Bought this product after a Sally's employee recommended it. My hair did not turn "rock hard" when I blow dried it, it just felt as if i loaded it with mouse and hairspray. I did not find it necessary to dip my head into the tub as recommended on here, it rinsed away easily, it also wasnt as messy as I expected and the smell not bad at all. Also I bought the ones in the little packages and I felt I needed 2 due to my long hair but unfortunately only bought 1, so if you have hair that falls to your lower back, definetly purchase two. So on to the review...

Initially after the first rinse I did not see a difference in my hair but the day after when I washed my hair again I felt a total difference. My hair was shinier and softer, overall felt more healthy and less breakage. This did not transform my hair from dry and damaged to beautiful and perfect but it DID make a significant difference, a difference that I have never seen another product do so quickly. It is totally worth it and I will continue to use this every 2 months.

BTW i have very long wavy/curly hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ehamlet

Back in January. I relaxed my hair with Mizani sensitive scalp butter blends and shortly after applied what I thought was a quality black semi-permanent color. I have done this numerous of times with a product called Adore in black velvet but this particular day I used a different brand of color Kiss jet black semi color rinse. Worst mistake of my life. My hair became straw like. I wouldn’t even curl with my flat iron. I was in tears. Even after months of conditioning and gradually cutting my hair was in the same dull lifeless state. Until last Friday when I discovered this product online and read its rave reviews. After following the products instructions I added a couple more steps. I applied Red kens moisturizing conditioner and rinsed. Then I added Kera Care leave in conditioner and Viola. My hair was back to its original normal state pre horrific color. I love this product so much I will stock up on it. The girl at the beauty supply said they have a hard time keeping it in. I was this close *** (holding right thumb and right index finger apart) *** from purchasing a kpac treatment for $35.00. So glad I took a chance on this product and all of its $2.99 glory. I only wish that I knew about this product in Jan. I could have avoided cutting my hair. Buy it. You will not regret it. I want stock in this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by antagligen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so grateful to everyone in here who made me buy this product. I have recently highlighted my hair blonde with cheap drugstore products (usually use professional goldwell and wella) and it looked like crap. Very brittle, dryish and absolutely no body.
So i figured I should buy a protein treatment as redken extreme or k-pac when I came across reviews of the two step treatment. It is soo cheap! Bought it off ebay for 13 dollars shipping incl, (compared to about 60!! dollar for a redken extreme treatment, it sucks living in Sweden!) And used it last night. It did smell pretty bad especially together with all the heat from my hair dryer, but the results are amazing!
My hair is just lika my 8 year old sisters who I was very envious of last time I saw her hair. ;)
Now I just need a little moisture boost for the shine.
Definately recommend this!

Uploaded a picture, check it out! Styled my hair with babyliss big hair styler. Most amazing tool too!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No