TheBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

4.2

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer/Isohexadecane/Polysorbate 60, Styrene/Dvb Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate [+/- Ci 77891, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499]

on 11/19/2012 10:01:00 PM

I hope this is still around when I need it. The light medium is really nice and I will need sunscreen for this coming summer. Looks very natural and less greasy than others I have tried.

on 10/28/2012 7:46:00 AM

The best tinted moisturizer i have tried so far .. Not really like it . The lightest shade is still too dark for me so it makes my skin looks so dim. Not good coverage at all .. It cant cover anything, but it moisturizes my skin well.

on 9/30/2012 6:32:00 AM

I really love this. I was on a foundation kick for awhile but I realized sometimes I just look too made on a daily basis and I wanted something that looked more natural. I got this in the color Medium and it matches my skin perfectly! Most of the foundations I have are a little off, so I was happy to have something that matched me spot on for once. It's super easy to blend and covers better than other TM's i've tried, but I still have to use some concealer for dark spots. It gives a dewy finish so I just use powder over it. It looks like my skin, but better which is what I was looking for. The only thing is that it doesn't seem to last very long on me, but I do live in a humid climate so that's probably why. And unfortunately, I can't find it in my local stores, so I have to purchase it online. Other than that, it's overall just a great TM for everyday.

on 8/26/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Another great product from TheBalm. I have very dry skin and this applies like a dream. It's very smooth and doesn't emphasize any dry patches on my face. The coverage is exactly what I would expect from a tinted moisturizer; light enough to cover up some redness and provide a fantastic base for concealer for more severe blemishes and acne scarring. I think it has a noticeable scent at first, sort of like sunscreen (it has SPF 18) but not so... chemically. This disappears after it's on though, thankfully. It is a water based product and is not remotely greasy, but it does seem more prone to melting on very humid days, but I have worn it quite a bit in the summer and just set it with either TheBalm Sexy Mama or MAC MSFN. This gives it some staying power, but it doesn't lose the nice dewy look it leaves on the skin. There are very limited shades but the light works well on me: I'm about an NW15 in the summer, so I am very fair. I definitely recommend this product and think it's worth the full price, although it's an even better value if you can snag it from TJMaxx or Hautelook!

on 8/13/2012 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love!!! Finally I found my HG tinted moisturizer!

on 8/8/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

The best tinted moisturizer I've tried to date!
Applies like a dream. Makes my skin feel comfortable and once it's on you can't feel it on your face. Coverage is good for a TM. Very light weight and almost has a powder-like finish. I'm NW15 and this doesn't look orange or yellow like a lot of TM or BBs seem to be.
It has no scent which I like in a face product. I like a squeeze tube for packaging cause I feel like I can get most of the product out, and they're easy to cut open to get the last bits out.
I think the value for money is great. You get a lot of product for the price which is always good! I think I will repurchase this next summer when I retire my foundations for the season.

on 7/31/2012 10:56:00 PM

I love this product. In fact, I love this entire band! They are completely underrated. The tinted moisturizer has a medium coverage, doesn't break out my acne prone skin, and the sunscreen really does it's job! I have actually been able to find this at Marshall's a few times for $12.00. Keep your eyes open ladies!

on 7/28/2012 9:29:00 PM

Nice, smooth coverage for when my skin is clear. Great for weekend-light/natural-look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I fell in love with TheBalm after joining MUA. This really is a great tinted moisturizer. It provides a non streaky, and good coverage. I have some other Beauty Balm creams so I am switching it up to use them all. I think my makeup actually looks better the days I use this. I just wish I could buy some locally and have a counter to check out the colors in person. If you are looking at trying this, do not hesitate. It is worth every penny.

on 6/27/2012 5:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Really love this product. Provides decent coverage for a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't make me look like an oil slick if I set it with powder. It does have a scent to it but its not bothersome, its a very fresh smell that fades. The only issue I have with this is that sometimes the product near the opening gets gunky and thick but its no biggie.

Top Rated TheBalm Products