September 19, 2014 | 1965 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this in the Light/Med shade and so far it's the best TM I've ever used. It isn't too heavy so it doesn't make me look oily and it gives me just the right amount of coverage. I'm on my second tube and I've had no problems with breakouts. My only warning would be to keep this away from the immediate eye area. I sometimes forget and blend this too close resulting in some serious eye irritation when I'm outside and it's hot out. This looks best and the most natural applied right out of the shower when your skin is damp but it applies great to a dry face too. Color options are pretty slim but this blends so well that a setting powder in a slightly lighter or darker shade should compensate for those that don't find this a perfect match. I sometimes find this shade a little ashy when I've gotten some sun but the next shade up is a little too orange based . A small amount of Halo powder over it does the trick and looks great for fuller coverage. Full price this is a bit expensive but you get plenty of product. My first tube lasted me months. I initially found this as part of a set at TJ Maxx before Christmas and paid less than what one tube costs at Sephora for 4 products total so it was a steal. My second tube I grabbed from HauteLook for $10 before I ran out of the first so deals can be had if you keep an eye out. The packaging is a simple squeeze tube which makes it easier to control how much you use and keeps it sanitary. I'll definitely keep buying this even at full price it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Breathable, doesn't break me out, and looks great in pictures. I love this more than my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in med & i thought ah man its going to be way too dark but after putting it on & working it into my skin it isn't too terribly off and i don't even have my summer coloring yet. If i add powder you can't tell its too dark at all, and i checked in all sorts of lighting. Coverage is average for a TM in my opinion and this doesn't leave me oily yay! This is only the 2nd TM ive found that doesn't make me look icky, shame its so expensive but you do get a huge tube for the price. Not sure id repurchase due to the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by philippamak

colour: it has an orange undertone therefore i'd say it's pretty fit for asian--at least for me:) it does oxide n go dark after application, so if u r not sure, always go for a lighter shade

coverage: very sheer, after all it's a TM, so dun expect too much. it gives u a brighter n even skin tone

packaging: love the soft-tube(?) packaging, very convenient n vintage

* i hv oily skin n i live at humid n hot place, surprisingly it stays all day long n does not make me break out(but maybe some blackheads...not sure)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by randers

Fool proof! This is my favorite tinted moisturizer. Compared to the Stila and Urban Decay TMs I've tried, BalmShelter goes on smooth as butter. Easy to apply, easy to blend, nice light-medium coverage. I've stopped breaking out since using this.

It goes on kinda real shiny but gets matte-er as it dries. Still, minus one lippie because I need to set it with powder or else I get shiny again midday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The 2nd ingredient is Isopropyl Myristate which is listed as a 4 or 5 on the comedogenic list. Avoid if you are prone to acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by haleybaileybear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely am in love with this product. It provides the coverage of a beauty balm and is as light as a moisturizer. I have super dry skin so I always wear tinted moisturizers. I had been hooked on the E.L.F TM but I saw this at Sephora and had to have it! It does make your face look oily (NOT dewy) so I have to set it with a translucent powder (TheBalm's Sexy Mama), but that is the only issue. I love this soooo much and is definitely my holy grail TM. I have the shade medium (I'm in shade NC20 from M.A.C) and it is really deep but since spring is coming, that's what i want, so I won't have to use a bronzer. It is super blendable and makes my skin feel sooooooooo good. Plus, you get a lot of product for the price (2.15oz for $25). I would buy this even if it was 60 dollars, I love it so much. I definitely reccomend this to everyone and I will be purchasing it again once I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this tinted moisturizer. It is lightweight, yet provides enough coverage for a polished look on those lazy days when you don't feel like wearing foundation. When my combination skin feels dry in the morning I just put this on, set it with transparent loose powder, and I'm ready to go. I have to set it with powder but that's because I get oily/shiny easily throughout the day. I bought this off of Ebay for 14 bucks, which I think is cheap considering you get more than 2oz. Recommend! For reference, I am an NC30-35 and first I tried medium, which was WAY TOO DARK. Medium/light is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by redbloodlips

love love love this TM, it's my HG product, I have some dark spots on my chin due to cystic acne and I find it that this TM covers them pretty well for being a TM. It is very moisturizing and it last all day as long as I use powder on top. I haven't had any breakouts while using this product (Though I do still have hormonal breakouts on my chin during that time of the month) I absolutely recommend it. I have been using this product daily for two months and I haven't had to repurchase yet, there is still quite a bit left in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I recently started using TheBALM products and cannot understand why this brand isn't more hyped up. I've loved everything I've tried and this is no exception. This has such a lightweight coverage and is never oily at all. It soothes my skin when it's irritated and evens out my skintone beautifully. This looks so natural like I'm wearing nothing and just have naturally awesome skin. This is the best tinted moisturizer I've tried. I'd call it more of a BB cream IMHO. Love it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No