July 22, 2014 | 1052 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this tinted moisturizer. It is lightweight, yet provides enough coverage for a polished look on those lazy days when you don't feel like wearing foundation. When my combination skin feels dry in the morning I just put this on, set it with transparent loose powder, and I'm ready to go. I have to set it with powder but that's because I get oily/shiny easily throughout the day. I bought this off of Ebay for 14 bucks, which I think is cheap considering you get more than 2oz. Recommend! For reference, I am an NC30-35 and first I tried medium, which was WAY TOO DARK. Medium/light is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by redbloodlips

love love love this TM, it's my HG product, I have some dark spots on my chin due to cystic acne and I find it that this TM covers them pretty well for being a TM. It is very moisturizing and it last all day as long as I use powder on top. I haven't had any breakouts while using this product (Though I do still have hormonal breakouts on my chin during that time of the month) I absolutely recommend it. I have been using this product daily for two months and I haven't had to repurchase yet, there is still quite a bit left in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I recently started using TheBALM products and cannot understand why this brand isn't more hyped up. I've loved everything I've tried and this is no exception. This has such a lightweight coverage and is never oily at all. It soothes my skin when it's irritated and evens out my skintone beautifully. This looks so natural like I'm wearing nothing and just have naturally awesome skin. This is the best tinted moisturizer I've tried. I'd call it more of a BB cream IMHO. Love it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just great!! :) I have good skin (with freckles) that can look a bit pale and dull, so I really like the concept of a TM. But to find one that I like is a different story. The most ones I've tried I found to be too greasy/ masky/ chalky/ off-colored/ overly fragranced/.... Not this one. It goes on very smooth, looks very very natural and feels totally lightweight. Don't know about the moisturising qualities because my skin doesn't really need that. At least it's not drying. I would say the finish is a satin/dewy matte. The coverage is sheer, which I like because I want my freckles to not totally disappear. All in all a great product, try it you won't be disappointed! Note: IMO the color runs a bit darker than you'd expect.
EDIT: Still in love! <3 Out of curiousity I've tried other ones (mainly BB creams), but keep coming back to this because there's just nothing better. I use the light in winter and the medium/light in summer when tanned.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by xohaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This doesn't break me out. Just like any other tinted moisturizer, it doesn't have that great of coverage. So, if your trying to cover acne or redness then this wouldn't be the right product for you. I have a couple zits and some redness around my eyes and nose and I just cover it up with concealer. This has spf18 which would be great in the summertime. Overall I like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by skipbeat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a pretty good tinted moisturizer. It's a little bit too light for my skintone, but the difference isn't ghastly. It's easy to apply and blend in, and it makes my skin look soft and kind of smooth. It has a pretty sheer coverage, but is buildable if needed. Hasn't broken me out, so I'm happy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lankika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great paraben-free tinted moisturizer. It provides a light medium coverage, and blends in well into the skin. You only need a little amount at a time, so the bottle should last a long time. The texture and coverage is not as heavy as Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer and not as light as Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer. Btw, both those contain parabens.

The only problem is the limited shade range. The Light shade is around NC 15-20, the Light/Medium is around NC 30-35, and the Medium is around NC 37-40. That’s it, there are no other shades darker or lighter. This is a very limited shade range.

I have this in Medium and it works well with my winter skintone. The BalmShelter Medium has more of a yellow undertone. Although it is not enough of a yellow undertone for me, the tinted moisturizer manages to blend in nicely with my skin. However, I doubt I could use this product without looking ashy with my summer tan.

Currently the shade Medium is no longer sold on Sephora.com but is sold on TheBalm’s website, and I found Medium at London Drugs (Canada). BalmShelter is a 2.25 oz tube for $25, and that alone beats (granted if you can find a shade that matches you) the popular Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer which is only 1.5 oz for $42.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by aley7507

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm in love with this product! Prior to finding this little jem, I didn't go anywhere without my Revision Intellishade SPF 45 Original-Tinted Moisturizer. My stylist introduced me to TheBalm Tinted Moisturizer (Medium) to freshen up my face, after a beautiful color & cut. I was in love with the light, natural coverage. Although, I was happy with Revision Intellishade, I prefer The Balm because it's lighter, had a more natural finish, & cost less. I'm 100% hooked! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by xoxolove

I was nervous to try this on from the reviews I have read. Most were positive, but the ones that stuck out the most were the ones that talked about how one ingredient causes my acne to go cray. I'm very careful about the products I use on my face, because I can easily get pimples.

However, when I used this product, it felt really light and gave great coverage. I apply it with my Laura Mercier concealer and it looks just as good as if I were applying Bare Escentuals. I really like how it moisturizes my face, because even though I'm combination, my face tends to dry out a lot during the winter. I'm not sure if I would wear this during the summer, because I get really oily then. I guess I'll find out when the weather gets hotter (if there's still some left).

My face didn't really break out from this product..it seems normal, and I have used this for almost a week now. I guess it just depends on your skin type.

I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

UPDATE: I am about half way through the tube and I've gotten to love it even more, as if that was possible!! It just goes on so beautifully but it provides very this beautiful diffusing yet light and natural coverage. I wear this nearly everyday, especially on my long days when I get up at 5 and get home at 10. No other product I have tried will look good on me for that long but this. It looks just as good at 10 as it did at 5 in the morning and I do not set it with powder!! I've come to find that light/medium is a bit dark for me and when I finish this I'll buy it in Light instead. I am at about NC25 at the moment b/c no sun. Also, this is very buildable and you can definitely put on more if you want more coverage. I put this on a friend of mine and she loves it to death too now and went out to buy it. This tm is absolutely magical, a definite HG times a million and I'll never stop using it as long as they make it!!!

I was pleasantly surprised by how good this product is. This is a very light weight tinted moisturizer with very light coverage. I am sure it could be built up but I prefer the light coverage, hence why I am using a TM. I've used the very popular Laura Mercier TM before and also liked it, but I like this much better. For one, LM has more coverage, I would say it has the coverage of a light/medium coverage foundation. Second, unlike BalmShelter, it feels and looks like a light foundation. BalmShelter goes on light, spreads and blends effortlessly with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (Love!). It does not feel like foundation at all, it actually feels like you just got moisturizer on. As far as coverage goes, it does make my skin look overall more even, which is what I am looking for. It does not hide noticeable marks, scars, blemishes, etc. My skin has been pretty good lately so on days that I don't care to wear MU, I throw this on. I really don't like to go out w/o any makeup these days. I just cover anything that needs to be covered w/ concealer and I set the whole thing with powder.

I find that this foundation looks better as I wear it throughout the day. I use the shade Light/Medium and I am about NC30 and EDM Winged Butter is a perfect match for me. I fnd that Light/Medium matches well enough but it's not perfect. In certain lightly, it seems not yellow enough and a bit too pink but mostly, its a decent match. I should also point out that I am extremely acne-prone and currently using BP&AHA or RAM and this does not irritate my skin or break me out. I also find that compared to my normal foundation, which is EDM Intensive Formula, this leaves my skin feeling much more hydrated at the end of the day.