April 17, 2014 | 1865 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Anti Shine Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:59:00 AM More reviews by blushingpammy

This product made me ignore my MAC blot. I only wish they come up with better packaging. Superb oil control and finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW-ee! This stuff is great. I've learned that I have to apply a little bit before I put on my makeup to minimize the look of pores. I still get a little oily throughout the day, even when putting this on before my foundation, but it still does the job in keeping me pretty matter. It sinks into the skin, allowing your makeup to come through. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by cupidette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this stuff.it helps my oily skin so much

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by covenant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Would someone be willing to contact me thru MUA and let me know where this can be purchased? I am interested, but seem to be hitting a dead end in searching for it. Thanks in advance!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by hizzlehazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I have tried powders from Mac to Chanel and everything in between and nothing controls my oily skin better than this. I also like that it doesn't have an ultra-matte, powdery finish that you get with so many other "oil-controlling powders." My skin looks a bit dewy with this powder, not oily or like i overloaded my face with powder. I also like to put this on before I put on any foundation; it helps prevent my foundation from oxidizing (apparently many oil-free foundations oxidize throughout the day because the oil from oily-skin types mixes with the foundation and makes it darker). I still do need to blot, but it's only once or twice throughout the whole day instead of every hour or half-hour. The price is very reasonable, and you get a lot of product so it'll last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. This product is fantastic. I first saw Shrinkle sell it on Etsy and she said it was great! I was skeptical because I don't know how oily her skin is, of course. My skin, within an hour, maybe not even that, is an oil slick. It is REALLY bad, like my whole face. Anyways. So I bought this, crossed my fingers and hoped that this would be the last thing I would need to buy, so I can stop wasting my money on products that don't really work.

It REALLY does work. It doesn't control my oil for as long as a lot of people on here, but it keeps it for a good 5 hours. It really depends. My skin gets more oily at work, probably because an office is a very dry invironment. I find that it works better if I don't use a foundation *I don't really WANT to use foundation, lol.* and just a mattifiying moisturizer and then I buff it on. It is great. I keep a sample jar with some in it and I bring that to work if I need touch ups. I am going to keep playing around with how I put it on, to see what makes it last even longer. So I don't have to check so much to make sure my skin is still matte *I get really paranoid about it, it is like I don't trust the product lol*

You get a ton in the jar, totally worth the money! I would recommend it to anyone with oily/combo skin. I will rebuy when I run out!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Daphers

When I see "mattifying" or "anti-shine" on a product, I'm never quite sure if they mean it controls oil or that it's got an ultra-matte finish. I knew from reading reviews here first that it would control oil, but I was expecting that it would also be dead flat matte, not something I'm keen on as it makes the face appear flat and mask-like.

I was wrong. Sure, this stuff controls oil, better than anything I've ever used and better than any primer, but it doesn't look matte on. In fact on the rounded parts of my face (tops of cheekbones) my skin was still slightly glowy. This is a good thing. It means that you can apply ridiculous amounts of this stuff and never look chalky, dry, mask-like or over-made-up, you just look natural, like you're not wearing any powder.

You also won't look pasty. This is seriously translucent (at least on LLL me). I can trowel this powder on without even getting any paler, let alone turning ghostly white, and the more I put on, the better the oil control is. I used it this morning and didn't have to touch up until after lunch. Maybe that's not a big deal to you but it is for me. I'm normally blotting by mid-morning.

For me, this didn't really work over another powder; I had to put it on alone. But that's OK because it's way better than any of my others. What I'm going to try next is using this then applying a finishing powder (Dandelion or T. LeClerc) on top. I haven't tried it under foundation (I think I read you can use it that way like a primer) and I doubt I will.

For reference, I also tried a sample of Pure Luxe's Original Powder Eraser, which is also supposed to control shine, and that didn't work as well for me. I should also mention that this doesn't particularly hide pores, in case anyone was expecting miracles in that department.

Well, this has replaced my Caron, Chanel, MUFE, T. LeClerc and By Terry powders. I can't believe such a cheap powder would be so much better than anything else I own.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! I have super oily skin and have a rather extensive powder collection. I've tried them all (or so I had thought). I had heard great things about this powder and became very curious. I learned that it is used on many movie sets and in television. That it's also a staple in the modeling industry as well. When I learned of the ingredients, I was even more curious as I have had no experience with rice powder at all. You get a ton of powder for the price, so I went ahead and ordered it directly from Kryolan in San Francisco. They are a little funny about selling to the general public and have this thing about selling only to industry people, but we got past that on the phone pretty quickly (and the few places that I found that carried Kryolan products online were out of Anti-Shine at the time, so I had no choice but to deal with corporate)

This stuff is absolutely unreal. I have found a few really nice powders over the years that I keep in my arsenal, however nothing compares to this in terms of true oil control. Here's the beauty of this powder. You can use your favorite setting powder for coverage and not have to change a thing. You simply dust this over your face when you are done and it adds no build up whatsoever. In fact it's very sheer and blends beautifully with a nice powder or foundation brush. When I use this as my setting powder in place of a few of my personal favorites, my face is shine free for hours! If I use it over another setting powder because I needed more coverage on that day, it still controls oil longer than anything I have ever seen, so you can use it either way depending on your needs.

This powder offers the best shine control out there, however it offers no real coverage at all. Apart from the whitish cast you get until you blend, there is no color or coverage in this formula. If your skin is pretty flawless and you get all the coverage you need in your foundation, then you are going to love this stuff! Everything stays put for hours! Even when you dust it over another full coverage powder, it increases the staying powder of that powder and whatever else you used that day. No wonder it's a staple in the industry under all those hot lights! I am so used to retouching my make up 5-6 times a day. I was shocked to find my face was still clean and matte looking after wearing this for almost 7 hours! All I had to do was lightly dust a little more on and it never caked or anything. It kept me going shine free into the evening! This stuff is awesome and best of all, no break outs!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

this product acctually works!! it is far better than any other anti-shine powder i have used-keeps oils at bay for a loooong time!. it comes in a big 30 gr jar (awsemo for the price) in one universal shade and is very finelly pigmented. i use it to set the makeup in my t-zone or dust it over my regular setting-powder. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by blackmetalmist

Just picked this up today and im already in love with it !

Ingredients: Dimethylimidazolidinone rice starch, talc