July 29, 2014 | 2194 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by tashasookochoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know how some people go on an on about coconut oil or olive oil as their cure-all? This stuff is my go-to for everything (except for cooking, don't cook with it). I have eczema and chronic dry skin. When I was a kid, I would scratch so much I'd develop severe infections, Google 'eczema' and my skin looked like THAT. Oatmeal baths were a regular thing for most of my life, so when I started buying my own products I picked up a big bottle of Aveeno Daily Moisturizer (ADM) because the label said it included oatmeal. That was 14 years ago and I have never since had eczema flair-ups remotely close to the ones I had as a kiddo. I have fair-medium skin with olive undertones, but it's not that smooth olive complexion you see in Mediterraneans. Mine is super pale and ashy in the winter and inconsistent in tone in the summer. ADM really does help with overall skin texture and tone and I use it year-round. I've tried every sensitive / neutral lotion under the sun (First Aid Beauty, Cetaphil, CeraVe, Aquaphor, Dermalogica) and nothing is as good as ADM.

The Good: The texture of this is stuff is perfect, it's quick to absorb and light. The smell is fairly neutral, it's a little bit warm and earthy (like oatmeal?). It kind of reminds me of the smell of Cetaphil? I find it comforting, but if it bothers you it fades quickly and it's easy to mask with a perfume. Cheaper than department store lotions.

The Bad: More expensive than most drugstore lotions. Any generic version is totally sub-par. I'm a marketer's wet dream and so I'm super critical of packaging. All of Aveeno's products are lacking in that department and so ADM isn't the prettiest bottle to leave on your counter. The ADM with sunscreen is terrible, it doesn't absorb and it smells like dying. Actually, any iteration of ADM (the Skin Relief 24hr or Stress Relief) are out of their league too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by elladebella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this moisturiser as I've heard good things about Aveeno and at that time, I needed a moisturiser so I just decided to try it. The packaging is not bad because although it is not very fancy, it is quite functional with the pump. It is moisturising but not the best (keeping in mind that I have very sensitive skin and I have eczema which I need medication to control). However, the one thing that bothers me is the smell. Many have said it has no fragrance free smell but it doesn't. The smell really irks me and it is the reason for why I will not be repurchasing this product. Nonetheless, that is my personal opinion. Hence, if the smell doesn't bother you, you could give it a try. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think that Aveeno products are really hit or miss for me. Some I really like, some I really dont like. I do like this one, I kept it at work to moisturize my hands after washing them and it's perfect for that. I tried it also on my arms and it was ok. I would repurchase but it's not a 5 stars for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is a great body cream! Since quitting at Bath and Body Works I stopped using any of their lotions or creams, and since ventured into actual perfumes. I was looking for a unscented body lotion that wouldn't clash with my perfumes and I know I loved this years ago and it definitely does not disappoint. Unscented, very moisturizing, sinks in fast etc. Repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by PriscillaGozum

I have dry yet acne prone skin, and this is the only product that healed my dry skin! When I entered high school, I felt the need to "upgrade"my products to Sephora brands, rather than "cheap" drugstore brands. After using a harsh acne-product my whole face dried out completely. I stuck to "high end" brand products at Sephora that I thought would do the trick, but upon spending hundreds of dollars on what only made my skin worse, I am coming back to Aveeno and regret ever changing. Works perfect under make up, and does it's job for a very good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Endocalm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mediocre packaging but they try to give it a "natural" simple look.
I find this cream over two days really adds little bumps to my hands. I have a bit of excema and this doesn't help much. Smell is perfumy. Overall not a nourishing lotion but that's what you get for a drug mart brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For me, this lotion is all about function, not frills. The packaging isn't fancy, and this has that non-fragrance but it seemed to be just what my skin needed! I somehow ended up with a bad rash on my legs, and my skin was itchy and irritated. I applied this lotion to my legs and my skin felt healed, soothed, and moisturized. It absorbs quickly and isn't heavy or greasy. I never would have bought this for myself but my sister gave it to me as a gift--she has dealt with skin sentivity for years---but I am glad to have this lotion. For me this goes into the clinical moisturizer category, sort of like Lubriderm, which I have seen used in the hospital setting. I think that the tube I have will last me for a while but I think that I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by AlwaysDouze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this lotion. I wasn't sure how much I loved it until I tried the Eucerin ones, which I didn't like at all. This lotion provides great moisture that lasts for days. The formula isn't greasy at all, and not too thick either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Sinfidel

I think this is a good general moisturizer for temporary dry skin relief. The main ingredient is dimethicone - a silicone derivative. However, I would not recommend this for anyone with drier skin since it does not provide any long lasting moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 More reviews by skinobsessed1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never would have thought i would have liked this lotion so much. But i was strictly judging it thinking it was 'boring'. It just didn't appeal to me. I bought it on a whim as my skin has become super sensitive lately. And I developed these red patches on my arm, a mix of birth control and stress I presume. Every other lotion burned them, but not Aveeno. It helped clear the irritation, and I've stuck using it! I am hooked now. Once you apply it, I quite like the 'non-scent' it has. Very soothing and basic. LOVE how it feels. NOT greasy at all. Dries very soft and velvety. I read that this helps with a lot of people's acne, I am guessing that is from the higher concentration of oat. After using for about a week or so i am totally hooked and can see why it has such a following.