September 1, 2014 | 1707 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently began breaking out into hives very badly. When I went to the doctor, as part of the treatment he recommended I use lotion after each shower. I really like this lotion, it absorbs well and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy at all. If I put it on before I go to bed, it does seem sticky, but any other time it's very comfortable unless I sweat. If I sweat, I can feel the layer of lotion on my skin and it will clump up in certain areas like my chest. I can't give this product 5 lippies because of the unnatural ingredients in this "natural" product. Overall, a great lotion though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by chenan

Holy moly this stuff is so sticky! My boyfriend felt my legs and thought I had been sweating! It does not absorb very well. I am very disappointed considering how highly rated it is!

I prefer Cerave over this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a lotion that is
1. fragrance free
2. moisturize w/o making skin feel greasy
3. reasonably priced.
so far I am very satisfied. they have one with spf- and it works well too

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Nandana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the scented one-Slightly Lavender scented. This lotion is not a heavy moisturizer but its pretty good though. It makes my skin soft and feels silky. I dont use it in winter because its not moisturizing enough. Oh btw, I absolutely love its scent. Its so refreshing and floral. Perfect for cooler summers or autumn. Will definitely repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by HowGreatThouArt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lotion moisturizes very well. It's not greasy; it absorbs right into my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have super sensitive skin that is prone to itchy freakouts full of rashes and awfulness. This cream is my go-to calm it down cream! It never makes the itching worse (which I can't say about many other creams!), absorbs quickly, moisturizes all my dry spots, and after a week or so my skin has calmed down. I've tried the skin relief formula as well, and shockingly notice no difference. All I can tell is different is the lack of fragrance in that version, but strangely enough I don't react to whatever fragrance is in the Daily Moisturizing Lotion (I am normally EXTREMELY fragrance sensitive). Compared to expensive moisturizers, this doesn't leave my skin soft and silky, just moisturized and healthy. It's worth it to keep the itchies away!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by tashasookochoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know how some people go on an on about coconut oil or olive oil as their cure-all? This stuff is my go-to for everything (except for cooking, don't cook with it). I have eczema and chronic dry skin. When I was a kid, I would scratch so much I'd develop severe infections, Google 'eczema' and my skin looked like THAT. Oatmeal baths were a regular thing for most of my life, so when I started buying my own products I picked up a big bottle of Aveeno Daily Moisturizer (ADM) because the label said it included oatmeal. That was 14 years ago and I have never since had eczema flair-ups remotely close to the ones I had as a kiddo. I have fair-medium skin with olive undertones, but it's not that smooth olive complexion you see in Mediterraneans. Mine is super pale and ashy in the winter and inconsistent in tone in the summer. ADM really does help with overall skin texture and tone and I use it year-round. I've tried every sensitive / neutral lotion under the sun (First Aid Beauty, Cetaphil, CeraVe, Aquaphor, Dermalogica) and nothing is as good as ADM.

The Good: The texture of this is stuff is perfect, it's quick to absorb and light. The smell is fairly neutral, it's a little bit warm and earthy (like oatmeal?). It kind of reminds me of the smell of Cetaphil? I find it comforting, but if it bothers you it fades quickly and it's easy to mask with a perfume. Cheaper than department store lotions.

The Bad: More expensive than most drugstore lotions. Any generic version is totally sub-par. I'm a marketer's wet dream and so I'm super critical of packaging. All of Aveeno's products are lacking in that department and so ADM isn't the prettiest bottle to leave on your counter. The ADM with sunscreen is terrible, it doesn't absorb and it smells like dying. Actually, any iteration of ADM (the Skin Relief 24hr or Stress Relief) are out of their league too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by elladebella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this moisturiser as I've heard good things about Aveeno and at that time, I needed a moisturiser so I just decided to try it. The packaging is not bad because although it is not very fancy, it is quite functional with the pump. It is moisturising but not the best (keeping in mind that I have very sensitive skin and I have eczema which I need medication to control). However, the one thing that bothers me is the smell. Many have said it has no fragrance free smell but it doesn't. The smell really irks me and it is the reason for why I will not be repurchasing this product. Nonetheless, that is my personal opinion. Hence, if the smell doesn't bother you, you could give it a try. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think that Aveeno products are really hit or miss for me. Some I really like, some I really dont like. I do like this one, I kept it at work to moisturize my hands after washing them and it's perfect for that. I tried it also on my arms and it was ok. I would repurchase but it's not a 5 stars for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is a great body cream! Since quitting at Bath and Body Works I stopped using any of their lotions or creams, and since ventured into actual perfumes. I was looking for a unscented body lotion that wouldn't clash with my perfumes and I know I loved this years ago and it definitely does not disappoint. Unscented, very moisturizing, sinks in fast etc. Repurchase.