October 2, 2014 | 1754 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeliner Brush

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by nleslie

This is a pretty good pass-up for MAC's 212, although it's considerably thicker. The 212 is one of my favorite brushes; it's fantastic for applying fluidline to the upper lid or to blend out. This is a great way to try out the shape of brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by asiancake

It hurts to line my waterline with this T_T
I thought it would be a good brush, but it was a big disappointment.
Also because it's a straight edge, it's harder to line.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by myluvofmakeup

I hate this item!! I like e.l.f's other brushes but this one I hate will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the fact that it's not angled really bothers me and i don't get the precision that i wanted with it but i got the "professional" eyeliner brush from e.l.f. (the black one) and it's only $3 and it works wonderfully! get that one for only $2 more, it's still pretty soft and the precision is excellent! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by januaryicecream

It works but I find that I don't like the straight cut of the bristles. An angled eyeliner brush would be better for maneuvering around the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by babiexkiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

every time i order stuff from elf, i always have to get 1 or 2 of their eyeliner brushes! cuz its cheap and its works for me. i know it wont b able to make the super fine line, but its not that thick either. i love it :) and very happy about it. i own about.. 6 or 8 of their eyeliner brushes.. cuz i kept on thinking, one day i might run out or they'll rise their prices lol

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ash41749

Amazing! The best eyeliner brush I've ever tried. Did it mention it's just $1?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglam76

I seldom use brushes for what they are meant for. That said, this one is a great brush, but not for eyeliner. I dont think the shape is right. Love the stiffness, but flat and wide isnt the best or most precise way to apply eyeliner IMHO. I have used it, and love how it picks up the color, but again, the shape.

Its still a great brush for concealer. Its stiffer than a foundation brush, and small enough to blend around a blemish. As I always say with elf, its a good buy for a buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by WinkieToe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I already had an eyeliner brush, but I picked this up because it was only a dollar. As an eyeliner brush its pretty good, it does its job. However, I prefer to do my eyeliner using an angled brush, so I will not be purchasing this again. What I do use for this brush is to help apply false eyelashes. Since the brush is so thin at the end, I feel it does a good job of pressing down a large area of the false eyelash band onto my eyelid, until the glue dries.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by lemeinne

The price was a steal and I thought it'd be a cheap alternative to the MAC 212 brush so I could learn how to use a flat brush to line my eyes which might be faster than my current choice.

Totally didn't work for me!! Not sure if it's because I'm too accustomed to my sable/pointed-tipped eyeliner brush, but this did not deliver the results I desired at all. Maybe it might suit those who prefer a thicker line or if they have a more skilled hand.

The bristles were too stiff for my liking and the width didn't allow me to create the nice, even, and thin line that I like. I also noticed that it didn't seem to pick up my gel liner very evenly, which made things extra messy trying to distribute the product better and eventually trying to get it on my eyes properly. I also tried to shape the tip so it'd become flatter and thinner, but the hard bristles just didn't cooperate.

Ughh! Totally frustrating. I even tried to use it as a flat eyeshadow brush, but I trashed that idea very quickly because it couldn't pink up eyeshadow very well either.

Ended up tossing the brush away... Eventhough it was cheap, it's still a shame I couldn't find a use for it!