November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Angel Red

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

My favorite lipstick ever. As stated previously, it's not great for the vibrant matte red ls look. That isn't the most wearable look by any means, and angel red is a much more versatile and wearable. I like to pat on a thin layer and top with a lipsmacker for when I'm going to work. It's definitely more pink than red that way, but not fuscia. With a full layer it's a soft red that doesn't scare my boyfriend away from kisses.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2004 4:02:00 PM More reviews by CelestialBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would consider this color more pink than red, and the moistness takes away from a true classic matte red mouth. Stick with MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite reds! A beautiful cool deep red that goes on semi-sheer and with each additional coat goes on more opaque. Basically it's choose-your-own-coverage lipstick. The best. In a pinch I use it as cheek color. The best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 10:17:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

OMG, this is the BEST red lipstick ever!! I have light-medium skin with dark hair and eyes. Most reds are either too orange or too fuschia on me! But this lipstick has none of those awful undertones! Just pure, straight up classy red lipstick is what you get here! I can't imagine a skin tone that this would not work on!! And I like that this is a red lipstick I can wear without looking like a hooker!!=0)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 4:14:00 PM More reviews by jennid

This is one of a few Clinque lipsticks that are holy grails for me. Angel Red is a gorgeous, versatile color.
Another mainstay is Black Honey, which I've never heard anyone not love. BTW, I just got a Clinque lipstick palette in the chicest pink chrome case. Angel Red isn't in it, but Black Honey, Mauve Crystal, Heather Moon, Pink Shimmer and Tenderheart are -- to name a few.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by chilli

This should be marketed as the official lipstick for PPPs. I with my blank white face can pull this off and receive compliments when wearing this. Angel red is very versitile, you can go from the stained look to the queen of the nigh -look with it.
If you are a PPP and want to wear red, Angel Red is the lipstick for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2004 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great blue red that seems to be more muted on my lips than in the tube. I have dark features and light skin...I am a LLL or MMM. This is not screaming "Red Lips" so I am comfortable wearing it to work. Glad I found this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by punkrocksalad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is the only red that works for me, perfect for gals with pale skin and dark features

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2004 10:18:00 PM More reviews by 123lys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had no idea this was so popular. Now I know why! Was stuck last summer choosing a lipstick for my wedding day. I tried on so many. Angel Red was it, a classic soft red with pink tones. A clear lippencil works great to define this unique red. Dab/stain/layering lasted beyond expectations; I only touched up 2x in 8 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great, but the shade is too bright for me. On me, it was a muted true red. I have fair asian skin with pale lips, so this was too garish on me. I gave it to my mother, who was an olive complexion and can carry off dark, heavy colors.