Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

I tried this one based on the good reviews because I was looking for a great neutral wearable red. Granted, I have very fair skin, so my definition of neutral and wearable may be quite different from others. I thought this was still pretty bright and leaning to the cool side. Like the formula, however, it gives this shade a translucent quality that is quite nice. This wasn't "the one" so I guess I'll keep looking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This color is red without being LOUD--just right for the office or a casual date. The formulation is o.k. but it has to be continually reapplied during the day. It's one of my faves!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

it turned fuschia on me. I was so diasspointed because I had hear it was a great wearable red for PPPs. the tube is pretty though....

Got this in a GWP. It's a surprisingly decent red on my red-abhorrent lips, but not wearable enough for everyday. The formulation is decent though it has that Clinique lipstick smell and taste. If I ever run out of my full-size tube (haha yeah right) I won't replace it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Angel Red is a great Red for those who are afraid of reds. You can get a "retro-ish" look without the real-retro matte formulation that dries your lips out. Angel Red is very smooth and the translucent quality allows you to build up color for just the right intensity. The color is good for my CCC coloring. When applied lightly, Angel Red is a sort of pinkish, brownish color, but when I build up color it is a great classic red color with just the right amount of shine. My lip-color "pops" but it ain't so bright you can see it from space. The one downside of that soft, lovely shine is the staying power - due to the shiny smoothness of the product, this stuff comes off pretty easily. Though even when it does rub off, it doesn't stain my lips the way other reds do. Overall, this is my lipstick for those rare occasions when I need a good red lipstick but don't want to make a spectacle of my lips. I'm very fond of Clinique's "Different Lipstick" formulation. I also like the Different Lipstick shade "Black Lily".

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shade works well on me--I'm a fair skinned brunette, and the formula is comfortable and moist. Usually, I prefer a more blue-based red instead of a neutral red like this, but this color is highly versatile and can be worn very lightly or dramatically.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has frequently been recommended as the perfect red, and while I won't say it's my HG red (does anyone ever find that?), it's definitely a good find. This is a semi-sheer, true blue-red - moisturizing but not super shiny. I love the color - perfect for my PPP skin and dark hair - but the staying power is a definite minus. It wears off so quickly, and leaves a line around the outside of my mouth, which irritates me no end. I like the sleek silver tube (which, perhaps due to the texture, doesn't get scratched in my makeup bag the way Chantecaille lipsticks do). Overall I'd say this is a fine lipstick if you want a semi-sheer, soft red - perfect for those who a bit wary of the red lip look.

This is the perfect red. Not too blue, not orangey. It's slick, and can be sheered to a stain. This is a repurchase, since my first one disappeared. The formulation is moisturizing, so you don't get cakieness(bleah). It does require reapplication because it's smooth and slippery, but..eh. If you're wearing red lipstick, you should be checking anyway. Love it.

My favorite lipstick ever. As stated previously, it's not great for the vibrant matte red ls look. That isn't the most wearable look by any means, and angel red is a much more versatile and wearable. I like to pat on a thin layer and top with a lipsmacker for when I'm going to work. It's definitely more pink than red that way, but not fuscia. With a full layer it's a soft red that doesn't scare my boyfriend away from kisses.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would consider this color more pink than red, and the moistness takes away from a true classic matte red mouth. Stick with MAC.

Recommended for Medium Skin