Neutrogena Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

on 1/21/2008 4:48:00 PM

Neutrogena's Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover pads are large & soft and really would be better off as toner pads. When it comes to removing eye makeup, these do about little to almost nothing. In fact, when I first opened the jar, they were so dry that I poured some liquid eye makeup remover over the top and stored the jar upside down to really soak them through. But it only minimally improved their removal qualitites. I do not recommend these and nor will I repurchase.

on 1/6/2008 7:37:00 AM

Well, the pads are gentle. I'll give you that. But these things are dry and I have to rub so much to remove even normal, day eye makeup (I never wear waterproof), I'm not sure the word gentle applies to anything but the actual feel of the pad itself. Not buying again. No way.

on 1/2/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

well, i thought i loved these when i bought my first pack. they were nice soft and big and worked. then i went out and bought the second tub. they were really dry and it took a long time to take off my makeup... they also cost a lot for what they are. i think i will go back to cotton balls and liquid remover.

on 1/2/2008 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got these after my HG Pond's Bare & Repair was discontinued, and although I really liked them at first, after less than a month, they've dried out so badly the pads are almost unusable! Such a pity too, because they were cheap, soft and removed eye makeup well, but the drying out is a dealbreaker. The search for a good and affordable eye makeup remover continues!

The pads are soft and the product is non-irritating to eyes and the eye area. Yes, the pads are a bit dry and it takes a little while to clean both eyes thoroughly, I have to use every square inch of both sides of the pad! But I am happy with the effectiveness of this product and will repurchase!

on 12/14/2007 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I have to say that I LOVE the softness of these pads. That part is exactly what I am looking for in an eye makeup remover. They do not irritate or tug the eye area at all! I wish they were all this soft.

However, that is where the awesomeness ends. The actual formula in this is weak, and the pads are a bit dry. They remove about half of my eye makeup on most days, and I have to follow up with other methods (usually I use q-tips to clean up the rest, but of course this is a pain). Sometimes if I wet the pads just a tiny bit more before using them they work a little better, but I do wish these were more effective. Even though I am not fully happy with them, I would buy again-and I have, because they are the only eye makeup remover that does not irritate my eyes. However, I do find they are a bit too expensive for only 30 pads that do not fully work at getting the eye makeup off.

on 11/26/2007 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have just tried these and like them for a number of reasons. They also could use some improvement as well. First, the pads are very large and very soft, so nice for the eyes and plenty of surface area to remove even waterproof mascara. They do not irritate my eyes. The major issue I have with them is the fact that there is not enough liquid in the container and the pads are too dry. This could be remedied by buying an extra bottle of the remover and refreshing the container as needed. I have also found that if I'm not wearing too much eye makeup, that I can cut the pads in half with a scissors and get more mileage out of the jar. I got them on a special deal 2 for 1 at Walgreens and paid $7.49 for both jars. In this case I got a deal. I find opening the jar and grabbing a pad ready to go is more efficient than having to buy the extra pads and bottle of liquid remover. I think I will just buy one extra bottle of remover and refresh the other jar of pads.

on 10/18/2007 3:42:00 PM

This is a very poor product that removes very little eye makeup, and certainly does not remove waterproof mascara, as the package says it does. It is irritating to my eyes, also. I have never written a product review ever before (although I regularly read them; ya'll are great!) but this product was so disappointing that I wanted to tell someone! Don't waste your money.

on 10/13/2007 9:27:00 PM

Don't waste your money! I got these in a 2-for-1 deal with high hopes (I love the liquid eye makeup remover). I too find these too dry to remove mascara and eyeliner; I have to add eye makeup remover to them to get all my eye makeup off! :( Will not repurchase!

on 10/10/2007 12:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

All I can say is this product blows! I saw the 2 for the one low price and jumped on the band wagon. This stuff irritates the skin around my eyes sooo bad. It almost makes my eye area feel raw and it burns. It doesn't do a good job of removing my eye make up at all. The pads are a bit dry and b/c of that it makes it not effective. I couldn't find my receipt so I was stuck. I started to use the pads as a face MU remover since the size is the only +. I don't like this product at all. If you do decide to try it KEEP YOUR RECEIPT-Trust me you'll end up returning it.