September 18, 2014 | 2060 users online

Gels/Soaps - Chagrin Valley - All Products

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 3:58:00 AM More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was searching on the message boards for some natural handmade soap recommendations and someone who produces her own homemade soap and knows a great deal suggested I try this company. I chose two full sized bars, one is a beautiful goatmilk honey oatmeal bar and the other is a creamy chocolate almond bar and they are HUGE. I also chose several sample sized bars which are very generously sized I might add.
The bars cleanse gently without overstripping my skin, the foam is incredibly thick, creamy and decadent so they are an absolute joy to use and smell gorgeous!!!
Shipping for 2 large bars and about 8 sample bars was only $11 usd from the USA to Australia which is VERY reasonable!! These were placed in a sturdy flat rate mailer and they arrived in perfect shape.
I would definitely place another order. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 7:10:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ordered a bunch of samples of these soaps and the shampoo bars a few months ago. They all smell so delicious you want to eat them, or at least taste them. My favorite soap bar is the Honey Butter. I have very sensitive skin that is both oily and dry and tends to get ruddy from just about anything. When I wash my face in the shower with the Honey Butter bar, even using really warm water, I come out with a fresh and rosy face instead of looking like a ripe tomato. I've also tried the Rose Clay, which I like a lot as well, and the Rhassoul Yoghurt (I can't remember what I thought of that one). As far as soaps go, these are excellent very gentle on even the most sensitive of skins and with a nice and creamy lather. The price is good and shipping to Sweden was really fast. Highly recommended! EDITED TO ADD: I used the Rhassoul & Yoghurt soap last night. It's excellent, leaves my skin really clean but not stripped in any way. When I woke up this morning my face was a lot less oily and looked fresher, somehow. I just placed a new order...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:58:00 AM More reviews by TOSIN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been the greatest discovery of my life!! Before I started with Chagrin Valley bars, I had bad eczema and dry skin around my mouth and cheeks and when I smiled it cracked into my skin which then gave me horrible laugh lines. My skin was dull and flaky and terribly patchy and discoloured. When I started using the Chagrin Valley soaps the first thing I noticed was how comfortable my skin felt, no tightness or stinging or soreness at all which had always been the case after every shower! In two weeks my eczema had disappeared completely but my complexion was still a bit patchy and discoloured. After 4 or 5 weeks my skin did a full turnaround and became perfectly even, smooth, soft with a beautiful foundation like glow!! Its amazing, my mother was once asking me why I was wearing foundation around the house and I wasn't!!!
My favourite CV soaps are the chamomile & calendula, goatmilk honey oatmeal, dead sea spa, cucumber lime yogurt, honey butter, herbal mist, honey beer, chocolate almond and castile & calendula!!
They also do amazing natural shampoo bars and my favourite is the honey beer & egg.

All CV soaps are 100% natural and are scented only with pure essential oils, they lather thickly and beautifully (except the castile soaps which give a silky lotion type lather) and smell wonderful! The predominant smells are herbal which I love. And they're cheap too!! Between $5.50 and $6.00 for a full size bar which lasts 45 showers with a washcloth. So a huge bargain! To ensure your bar lasts long, always keep it away from the shower stream and allow it to dry between each shower.

The discovery of natural hand made soaps has been such a revelation to me! You CAN actually have a shower/bath and feel wonderfully fresh and soft with no stinging or itching and have wonderful radiant comfortable skin as a result!!! Chagrin Valley soaps are the BEST products I've ever used on my skin and I will always buy them for as long as they're available!!

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No