October 24, 2014 | 935 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I too have had the same one since 2009. However I don't wear foundation on a daily basis. I like to wear this on my eyelids. It's not quite true-match, I think it needs some work, the formula needs t be a little lighter in weight and a tad softer in colour, there is a hint of orange if you apply too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product since 2007. It's a fantastic mineral foundation for the price. At some point they changed the formula and made it a bit heavier. However, it's still a great product. It doesn't break me out, and really evens out my skin tone (which is red, blotchy, and scarred from severe adult acne.) I recently tried to switch to the new loreal serum absolute foundation with retinol and vitamin c. I wasn't too impressed as it did nothing to even out my skin tone as far as coverage and results from the ingredients. I came back to this foundation. No, it may not be the best mineral foundation out there. But for the price, and my tight budget, I will continue to purchase it again and again. (Also got my mother and sister-in-law hooked on this powder. They love it, and it's their HG foundation.)
*update: The loreal liquid foundation has grown on me, and I actually love it, after I continued using it. I take back my above comments on that one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Shnikki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this powder now for a little over a year. It's the best powder I've been able to find for my combination, acne prone skin type. Practically all liquid make-ups make my skin twice as oily and make me break out even more. All the powders I've used before have made my skin too dry. Even this product isn't the best... But I can't find anything else! And if there is something else, it could be well above my budget. $15 is as high as I'm willing to pay... The up-side to this powder is that it lasts a long time on my skin and it goes a long way. If anyone can help by suggesting a make-up for combination, acne prone skin I'd appreciate it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by nini805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a L'oreal fan, but I think I'm sticking to their hair care and eye makeup. This foundation made my face look cakey! I hate writing bad reviews, but I just had to. This foundation does not go well with this California weather. It also enhanced all my pores and did not cover up my dark spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by margaritah

I have received this product today, and I was very surprised with what it can do! I had a bad case of acne due to hormonal imbalance and it left very bad brown spots on my face. I switched into mineral makeups eversince. I tried maybelline but the shade was too dark for me and my skin looks dry, unnatural, and cakey! So, I disposed my maybelline stuff and was happy to get L'Oreal True Match Minerals at Php250 only (about $6) and I tried it right away! I sooo love how it covers my imperfections in just a few swipes! No need for me to put on anything before it! And the subtle glow it gives is wonderful! For reference, I got this in Golden Sand which is equivalent to NC30 in MAC, or W20 in BE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i took this mineral foundation in n4 and w4 to go with my neutral/olive skintone.i wanted a light mineral foundation that brings a nice finish and a nice glow. Well, that's what i get with this product!it covers without looking cakey,it shines a little,it brings a nice velvety finish! Verry dewy!last long,soft on the application.love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i recently ran out of my bareminerals foundation and didnt have anytime to drive
to sephora or ulta to buy another so i quickly stopped by cvs to grab loreals mineral foundation in buff beige. ive used this about 2 years ago n didnt really see a prob with it. i have oily sensitive acneprone skin and when i used it 2 years ago my acne was only moderate but never did it actually clear up. i switched to BE becuz i felt it was better quality and it never broke me out but had to switch back to loreal last month due to running out. im not sure what happened maybr because i was starting a new job n the stress plus hormonal changes due to being 3 months preggos but i startee breaking out reallllly badly within the last 3 weeks same time i was using the loreal mineral foundation. i didnt. prior to using loreal my skin had actually clearee up really nicely due to proactiv. ive since quit my pore clogging job (bather/groomer at petsmart) and has been using my proactiv religiously all the while still covering up my recent acne flare up with the loreal foundation but i saw my acne was still flaring if not getting worse!!! i didnt know what the reason was behind this but i figured it may be because of the loreal foundation because i hvnt had cystic acne in years ever since i started using proactiv and my BE foundation together. its been a few days since ive used da loreal foundation and i can safetly say my skin has started to recover frm the recent crazy breakout. im now quite decided maybe im now allergic to some ingredient in da loreal foundation causing dat crazy flare up. ive alrdy thrown it out cant return it because i cant find the receipt and as soon as my face smoothens out more im gonna head to my nearest sephora to buy the BE foundation again its my HG mineral foundation i shud never stray from it again i learned my lesson.

***update*** i'm now updating my review on this product. i really believe the crazy cystic acne flare up i had while using this product was a reaction to my hormonal changes i was experiencing due to my pregnancy. i read online that pregnancy flare ups are common especially with first time pregnancies. it just so happen to occur during the same time i was using this product again. my skin has recovered completely now. probably due to now being in my last month of pregnancy and my hormonal level has stabilized. *finally* but i'm still not sure about this product i dont want to risk it and have it do anything to my skin. im now actually mixing my stila tinted moisturizer with a little of neutragena's skin clearing oil free liquid foundation to even out my skin tone and that is working out fine for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Firstly I will say you need to be very patient with the application of this and work to blend it in consistently across all areas of your face. So you need lots of TIME to get a good result. My initial impression once on was that I actually really liked it. It gave good buildable coverage, my skin looked good - creamy with a nice glow. It feels light and breathable on the skin. However, I was slightly concerned that I looked a little "orange" and felt paranoid about the "oompaloompa factor" all day. My next gripe was that after a few hours it settled into my fine lines and made me look like an old crone by the end of the day. To be fair, I didn't apply primer nor use concealer. So I will experiment a few more times. But at the moment, I'm not liking it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this foundation. It's pretty lightweight and looks very natural on me, despite the fact that it has a very good coverage. It hides my spots and small imperfections, but I do need to use concealer on my undereye circles and around the nose and mouth. It doesn't really have a smell. The packaging is very inconvenient, yes, but it could have looked a lot worse. Packaging wise, I think it looks very feminine. The color range in DK is very bad, there is only 6 shades or so to choose from. But I would buy again if I felt the need/want.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by agirlwithcakedupmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

L'Oreal face products continue to surprise me. Normally drugstore foundation isn't the best but this one is very nice! You can control the amount of coverage you want so if you want to have a natural daytime look just to go run errands this is great, if you want more coverage, just keep applying more! I also like this on top of my liquid foundation to set it and give me a stay-put nighttime look. This has not caused any breakouts and the color selection is pretty good! Only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because my oily skin does tend to go right through the powder after a few hours and the packaging is not travel-friendly. But all in all it's a great product and I highly recommend it.
**UPDATE**: After using this for a while my skin started to breakout. I think it's because the brush is attached and I can't really wash it. I attempted to clean it but the brush got mis-shapened and I kind of don't get the same results as before. :(