December 19, 2014 | 830 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin, and this actually lasts a few hours. The soft ivory color is a perfect match for my Ppp skin. Very fair girls might check this out! great mineral foundation for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by dorabern

I bought this as a friend of mine recommended me who has visible pores like me. She said she used it and it's light and it doesn't build up like other powders, and considering other mineral powders, it really does give the coverage a foundation can provide. However, since I have quite visible pores, when I apply it without any foundation, it makes my pores look bigger and more noticable, I didn't understand why. If you find the right colour it really gives you the airbrush effect, but if you apply it more than once a day, it kind of builds up. I have a t-zone skin so I apply more than once but I take the excess via a tissue. So be careful with the application if you don't want to look cakey. It gives the face a healthy shine, not too much, ideal for daytime. I've been using this with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation no.54 and I bought a W5 Golden Sand. I have more yellowish skin colour rather than pinkish and it did suit me well. The packaging can get quite messy, if you watch some online videos on youtube, people promoting it, you can see it yourself and they all mention that. It is not travel friendly, and to make room for it in my tiny make up bag, I had to take some stuff out. But I bought Rimmel London's mineral powder and since the brush doesn't fit anywhere I lost it quickly, this one's packaging is good for people like me. I tried to open the lid where the powder comes out but it didn't work, so I don't know if I'll be able to use it all, but its a 10gr package so I believe it's going to last long. I've seen some people mixing two different colours to get the right colour, or to use one for winter and one for summer and mix the both for spring. The price is okay, could've been better but considering the quality, I believe I can give that. I haven't tried another mineral powder other than this and Rimmel London's but I believe it is a good quality powder among drugstore brands. I'd totally buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by l2kiss

I saw an ad on this and it said 9/10 women would recommend their friends to buy this and so I thought I'd give it a try. The powder itself is great. It gives a soft-looking, natural finish yet provides the coverage I want :) It's buildable, does not look cakey and lasts for quite long. Howeverrrr, the brush in the product is sooo hard and prickly hahaha, it hurts my face ): So yeah. Everything is pretty good except for the crap brush it provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ElleElleElle

Gives such a soft marshmallow finish <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie46

I have been using this foundation for almost a year. It is quite good because it really evens out my skin tone but it doesn't last all day long. I have very acne-prone and oily skin and my dermathologist recommended me this, but I have to re-apply every couple of hours. It is very light, and doesn't make me look cakey at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I too have had the same one since 2009. However I don't wear foundation on a daily basis. I like to wear this on my eyelids. It's not quite true-match, I think it needs some work, the formula needs t be a little lighter in weight and a tad softer in colour, there is a hint of orange if you apply too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product since 2007. It's a fantastic mineral foundation for the price. At some point they changed the formula and made it a bit heavier. However, it's still a great product. It doesn't break me out, and really evens out my skin tone (which is red, blotchy, and scarred from severe adult acne.) I recently tried to switch to the new loreal serum absolute foundation with retinol and vitamin c. I wasn't too impressed as it did nothing to even out my skin tone as far as coverage and results from the ingredients. I came back to this foundation. No, it may not be the best mineral foundation out there. But for the price, and my tight budget, I will continue to purchase it again and again. (Also got my mother and sister-in-law hooked on this powder. They love it, and it's their HG foundation.)
*update: The loreal liquid foundation has grown on me, and I actually love it, after I continued using it. I take back my above comments on that one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Shnikki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this powder now for a little over a year. It's the best powder I've been able to find for my combination, acne prone skin type. Practically all liquid make-ups make my skin twice as oily and make me break out even more. All the powders I've used before have made my skin too dry. Even this product isn't the best... But I can't find anything else! And if there is something else, it could be well above my budget. $15 is as high as I'm willing to pay... The up-side to this powder is that it lasts a long time on my skin and it goes a long way. If anyone can help by suggesting a make-up for combination, acne prone skin I'd appreciate it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by nini805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a L'oreal fan, but I think I'm sticking to their hair care and eye makeup. This foundation made my face look cakey! I hate writing bad reviews, but I just had to. This foundation does not go well with this California weather. It also enhanced all my pores and did not cover up my dark spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by margaritah

I have received this product today, and I was very surprised with what it can do! I had a bad case of acne due to hormonal imbalance and it left very bad brown spots on my face. I switched into mineral makeups eversince. I tried maybelline but the shade was too dark for me and my skin looks dry, unnatural, and cakey! So, I disposed my maybelline stuff and was happy to get L'Oreal True Match Minerals at Php250 only (about $6) and I tried it right away! I sooo love how it covers my imperfections in just a few swipes! No need for me to put on anything before it! And the subtle glow it gives is wonderful! For reference, I got this in Golden Sand which is equivalent to NC30 in MAC, or W20 in BE.