November 28, 2014 | 1975 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by shalashaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuff is a lot of work to put on. It really will not rub into my skin and just forms a greasy, white coating of goo over me. I've had my sister trying to help me rub it in, and even with two people it just didn't work. She asked me, 'What is wrong with this sunscreen? It feels like paste.' When it dries, it becomes whiter and shows up even more easily, looking very flaky. It doesn't absorb into my skin at all, and I left slimy trails behind on the car seat where my legs were because of this stuff. Rubbing it into my arms is actually pretty painful. After a few minutes, I can still see white streaks, and the skin is sore from being pulled around by my little arm hairs during all the rubbing. Really just such a hassle. It seems to shield me from the sun from what I can tell, but it's not worth looking like I bathed in Crisco. Neutrogena claims that it is "fast absorbing; leaves skin soft and smooth; waterproof." In my experience, the only part of that which is true seems to be that it is waterproof. This stuff is nearly as tough to wash off as it is to put on.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by TinkerBelle81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good for oily skin, acne prone-skin.It claims that it's non-comedogenic but i got little pimples from using this product. It also makes my skin look shiny. Not worth buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by AgentASM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a sunblock I could wear everyday without making my face look oily and greasy (despite my dry skin). This stuff was pretty disappointing. It made my face burn, it did not absorb into my skin, and left my face white (and I have pale skin...). It's hard to explain, but this product balled up on my face. I could rub my face 30-45 minutes after applying, and the sunscreen would make me look like I had peeling skin all over my face that didn't come off easily.
I usually like Neutrogena products, but this one is a dud. I gave it 2 lippies because the helioplex gave excellent protection, but I would only use it if it's the only sunblock I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ValereeB

I love this sunscreen. True to its name, it does feel dry to the touch a few moments after you put it on; it's neither greasy or oily. It feels like you are not wearing anything at all on your face. My foundation goes on over it smoothly and I love knowing that my face has a high level of sun protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by snowymtn

I love this one. I have oily, acne prone skin, no breakouts so far, it dries to a nice matte finish, makeup goes on well over it.

It's much more matte than the Neutrogena Age Shield sunscreen, and the Olay Regenerest with SPF. No white cast whatsover, I'm very happy so far.

Taking off a lippie because it stings my eyes if I get the ss too close to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I buy this product it should also have the option of maybe( the company test on animals). I like it doesn't feel greasy or sticky, it covers great and I don't have the typical sunblock scent after applying it. This could turn into a staple in my daily use since I live in the Caribbean the product still protects and is lightweight unlike other sunblocks I tried before.

Stay posted for an update when I wear it to the beach this upcoming week

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunblock doesn't smell odd, feel greasy or heavy. My combo/oily skin loves it and I have yet to break out after using it for 1 month. It helps make my skin feel soft, dries clear and matte and provides a good base for my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this the other day after reading reviews on the boards about it. I originally wanted to SPF 55 but it wasnt available so I opted for the SPF 70. I got this at Walgreens with a $2.00 off coupon. So it came out to $8.99. I was a faithful user of Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion Sensitive Skin SPF 15 but didn't like the fact that it wasnt long lasting. The Neutrogena one is water resistant/sweat proof which I like. It has a thicker consistency than Olay but still goes on clear and dries to a semi-matte finish IME. Just enough moisture for my oily skin. I even use this around my eyes and it doesnt sting at all. No white cast whatsoever on me and I have latin tanned skin tone (NC35) so any white cast will def show up on my skin. Its a stable sunblock. I would prob repurchase this again but in the SPF 55 version. I don't burn easily and really don't need a high protection SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by bolistoli

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to disagree with the majority here but I love this sunscreen. I need a high SPF due to my roseacea and I have tried La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 60 and didn't like it. It was very greasy, left that ghostly white cast, made my face shiny and I felt that it made my face sweaty. Same thing with a Bio Therm one I tried. I find the Neutrogena goes on easily, no shiny face and I found it absorbed nicely. No whiteness.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by spervez85

One word for this product - HORRIBLE! I used to use SPF 45 and it was just perfect for my skin tone and type but this one is absolutely a waste of money. It left a white film behind making me look like a ghost and the white residue never sank in or disappeared until I rubbed it off. It is NOT dry touch and does leave your skin oily. I am so going back to SPF 45 but don't know what to do with this tube.