Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

3.0

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 9/3/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

One of my first sunscreens because it was easily and cheaply available at Costco for a reasonable price. I thought that since it was brand name, it would be good for me. I have since learned that its the ingredient list that I should look at, not the brand. This sunscreen is a petrolatum-derived cocktail of ingredients. It made me break out, and always left a white screen on my face, no matter how hard I rubbed it in. It only has avobenzone as a uva blocker, and only in 3%, the same as its formulation in 45, 60, 85, and 90+. The rest block uvb, which are not nearly as harmful for your skin as uva. I would only recommend this product to a name-brand junkie as an alternative to nothing at all.

on 8/24/2009 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this sunscreen.

PROS: It is dry to the touch, which is a huge plus, as I really dislike the sunscreens that leave you feeling greasy after applying it. The scent is light and disappears after a few minutes. I reserve this sunscreen for my using only on my body. On the occasion when I am out in the sun hiking, I will use it on my face and it has never made me break out at all.

CONS: The titanium dioxide does leave a white streak or cast if you do not spread the product around enough. I am medium skin toned and it shows up on my skin. You have to make sure that you do apply it evenly. And if you apply it on your face, you have to spread it around on your face rather aggressively. It is not a product that goes on gently. It will also leave strange residue on your face, as well. I suspect that it does not mix well with some of my other skin products.

on 8/22/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is a lot of work to put on. It really will not rub into my skin and just forms a greasy, white coating of goo over me. I've had my sister trying to help me rub it in, and even with two people it just didn't work. She asked me, 'What is wrong with this sunscreen? It feels like paste.' When it dries, it becomes whiter and shows up even more easily, looking very flaky. It doesn't absorb into my skin at all, and I left slimy trails behind on the car seat where my legs were because of this stuff. Rubbing it into my arms is actually pretty painful. After a few minutes, I can still see white streaks, and the skin is sore from being pulled around by my little arm hairs during all the rubbing. Really just such a hassle. It seems to shield me from the sun from what I can tell, but it's not worth looking like I bathed in Crisco. Neutrogena claims that it is "fast absorbing; leaves skin soft and smooth; waterproof." In my experience, the only part of that which is true seems to be that it is waterproof. This stuff is nearly as tough to wash off as it is to put on.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not good for oily skin, acne prone-skin.It claims that it's non-comedogenic but i got little pimples from using this product. It also makes my skin look shiny. Not worth buying.

on 7/19/2009 6:01:00 PM

I was looking for a sunblock I could wear everyday without making my face look oily and greasy (despite my dry skin). This stuff was pretty disappointing. It made my face burn, it did not absorb into my skin, and left my face white (and I have pale skin...). It's hard to explain, but this product balled up on my face. I could rub my face 30-45 minutes after applying, and the sunscreen would make me look like I had peeling skin all over my face that didn't come off easily.
I usually like Neutrogena products, but this one is a dud. I gave it 2 lippies because the helioplex gave excellent protection, but I would only use it if it's the only sunblock I have.

on 7/5/2009 9:18:00 PM

I love this sunscreen. True to its name, it does feel dry to the touch a few moments after you put it on; it's neither greasy or oily. It feels like you are not wearing anything at all on your face. My foundation goes on over it smoothly and I love knowing that my face has a high level of sun protection.

on 7/2/2009 6:31:00 PM

I love this one. I have oily, acne prone skin, no breakouts so far, it dries to a nice matte finish, makeup goes on well over it.

It's much more matte than the Neutrogena Age Shield sunscreen, and the Olay Regenerest with SPF. No white cast whatsover, I'm very happy so far.

Taking off a lippie because it stings my eyes if I get the ss too close to them.

on 6/29/2009 5:46:00 PM

If I buy this product it should also have the option of maybe( the company test on animals). I like it doesn't feel greasy or sticky, it covers great and I don't have the typical sunblock scent after applying it. This could turn into a staple in my daily use since I live in the Caribbean the product still protects and is lightweight unlike other sunblocks I tried before.

Stay posted for an update when I wear it to the beach this upcoming week

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This sunblock doesn't smell odd, feel greasy or heavy. My combo/oily skin loves it and I have yet to break out after using it for 1 month. It helps make my skin feel soft, dries clear and matte and provides a good base for my makeup.

on 6/8/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this the other day after reading reviews on the boards about it. I originally wanted to SPF 55 but it wasnt available so I opted for the SPF 70. I got this at Walgreens with a $2.00 off coupon. So it came out to $8.99. I was a faithful user of Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion Sensitive Skin SPF 15 but didn't like the fact that it wasnt long lasting. The Neutrogena one is water resistant/sweat proof which I like. It has a thicker consistency than Olay but still goes on clear and dries to a semi-matte finish IME. Just enough moisture for my oily skin. I even use this around my eyes and it doesnt sting at all. No white cast whatsoever on me and I have latin tanned skin tone (NC35) so any white cast will def show up on my skin. Its a stable sunblock. I would prob repurchase this again but in the SPF 55 version. I don't burn easily and really don't need a high protection SPF.