April 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by AgentASM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a sunblock I could wear everyday without making my face look oily and greasy (despite my dry skin). This stuff was pretty disappointing. It made my face burn, it did not absorb into my skin, and left my face white (and I have pale skin...). It's hard to explain, but this product balled up on my face. I could rub my face 30-45 minutes after applying, and the sunscreen would make me look like I had peeling skin all over my face that didn't come off easily.
I usually like Neutrogena products, but this one is a dud. I gave it 2 lippies because the helioplex gave excellent protection, but I would only use it if it's the only sunblock I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ValereeB

I love this sunscreen. True to its name, it does feel dry to the touch a few moments after you put it on; it's neither greasy or oily. It feels like you are not wearing anything at all on your face. My foundation goes on over it smoothly and I love knowing that my face has a high level of sun protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by snowymtn

I love this one. I have oily, acne prone skin, no breakouts so far, it dries to a nice matte finish, makeup goes on well over it.

It's much more matte than the Neutrogena Age Shield sunscreen, and the Olay Regenerest with SPF. No white cast whatsover, I'm very happy so far.

Taking off a lippie because it stings my eyes if I get the ss too close to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I buy this product it should also have the option of maybe( the company test on animals). I like it doesn't feel greasy or sticky, it covers great and I don't have the typical sunblock scent after applying it. This could turn into a staple in my daily use since I live in the Caribbean the product still protects and is lightweight unlike other sunblocks I tried before.

Stay posted for an update when I wear it to the beach this upcoming week

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunblock doesn't smell odd, feel greasy or heavy. My combo/oily skin loves it and I have yet to break out after using it for 1 month. It helps make my skin feel soft, dries clear and matte and provides a good base for my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this the other day after reading reviews on the boards about it. I originally wanted to SPF 55 but it wasnt available so I opted for the SPF 70. I got this at Walgreens with a $2.00 off coupon. So it came out to $8.99. I was a faithful user of Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion Sensitive Skin SPF 15 but didn't like the fact that it wasnt long lasting. The Neutrogena one is water resistant/sweat proof which I like. It has a thicker consistency than Olay but still goes on clear and dries to a semi-matte finish IME. Just enough moisture for my oily skin. I even use this around my eyes and it doesnt sting at all. No white cast whatsoever on me and I have latin tanned skin tone (NC35) so any white cast will def show up on my skin. Its a stable sunblock. I would prob repurchase this again but in the SPF 55 version. I don't burn easily and really don't need a high protection SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by bolistoli

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to disagree with the majority here but I love this sunscreen. I need a high SPF due to my roseacea and I have tried La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 60 and didn't like it. It was very greasy, left that ghostly white cast, made my face shiny and I felt that it made my face sweaty. Same thing with a Bio Therm one I tried. I find the Neutrogena goes on easily, no shiny face and I found it absorbed nicely. No whiteness.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by spervez85

One word for this product - HORRIBLE! I used to use SPF 45 and it was just perfect for my skin tone and type but this one is absolutely a waste of money. It left a white film behind making me look like a ghost and the white residue never sank in or disappeared until I rubbed it off. It is NOT dry touch and does leave your skin oily. I am so going back to SPF 45 but don't know what to do with this tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by gueritabuena

What a disappointment! This product caused me to break out all over my face after finally having my acne-prone skin under control for almost a year. I guess I'm stuck with spf 15 from my MM only:(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by drmichellecosta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a nut about sunscreen and I buy alot of them. This is still my old standby for days in the sun. I am very fair but also acneic. I use tazorac and this doesn't irritate my skin. It's too much for daywear, but works when I really need protection. If I use it for more than two days in a row it definitely causes breakouts. This one is my husbands favorite but my daughter has mentioned that it sometimes burns her eyes. I wish Neutrogena would start adding mexoryl to its sunscreens.