July 31, 2014 | 1102 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Sheer City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by sjg1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I think this is great sunblock - there are challenges -- patience when applying it & if your skin is dry a moisturizer underneath - which can lead to a bit more oil than is ideal. But to me the high physical/high UVA protection makes it worth it, and my combination skin rarely breaks out due to using this product (it actually looks better, maybe because of the antioxidants).

UPDATE: after a lot of recent breakouts on face, trying Neutrogena Ultra Sheer 'Dry Touch' to get a break from this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this about a month and a half. I don't like it very much because it clogs my pores terribly. It is also a funny color - it is tinted, and the tint makes my face darker and more yellow - an unnatural almost jaundiced color - and I have very yellow undertones, and it is even too yellow for me!
It also tends to make my face more oily.

It is a nice texture that blends in easily, and it has great ingredients that offer good daily protection from UVA and UVB. the zinc oxide & titanium dioxide are coated (super important to me) and are micronized, not nano (I wrote the company and asked). So the ingredients are A+ but it just didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My background - Previously, I used La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 30 sunscreen but it was too drying on my skin and I needed something more hydrating.
* Pros - Unscented, light texture that goes on smoothly and is non-drying. Doesn't clog pores and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and eyes since I wear contact lenses.
* Cons - Sometimes whitish and gooey if you don't shake the tube before dispensing, need to blend well on application.
* Verdict - This is the sheerest sunscreen that is also hydrating and best part is that it doesn't dry out my skin at all. A keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by valentynka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

PROS
pleasant texture
physical SPF
didnt dry me out or leave me oily
CONS
balls up, no matter how exfoliated my skin is, with/without moisturizer underneath

Wasnt too happy about rosemary extract [hasnt caused any immediate irritation - used only few times], tint is rather off my skin tone, but would do, however will not repurchase due to frustrating application&awful,uneven finish

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only sunscreen I can use. I love it. It brightens my skin, doesn't break me out, and its affordable. Use more than you think you need, it glides better, and gives you better protection and actually works almost as a primer - if you put enough-. I wish the tube was 4 times as big. Its so small :( Like maybe 2-3 months worth more or less used heavily. Love the soft clean scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The review is for Clinique,City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25 .
Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%).
This product is really sheer, high-level broad-spectrum UVA/UVB daily sun protection.I use this like foundation base-primer or sometimes i wear this after moisturizer and nothing else on top.I can wear this in many ways,but still get red cheeks after few hours.I never wear this products on lids or under eyes only becouse i am sensitive all over.
No chemical sunscreens in this,but still wonder why i got this redness if is so safe?
This protects skin from sun damage with its actives of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The lightweight but still moisturizing base,is best for normal to dry skin in my experience . And becouse i have combo skin and oily zone(nose and chin) this product is not really good for me.
My skin is dry in winter but oily in summer.When i got this product i didnt imagine that squizing the tub(gently of course) i will get back few tiny drops of something really oily and tinted.The best way to use this is directly on dry-clean skin,like moisturizer,this was the only way i could use this.Unfortunately few hours later, i had very oily nose and chin..and the bonus,my cheeks were red like i got a sunburn (not true).
This product gave me for few days the impression,i found my HG sunprotection product..and few days later i was working hard to heal my red cheeks.
I really hate it what runny is the texture and the second you start applying the product,next moment the greasiness comes right on top.What kind of oil free moisturiser is this,with such a greasy finish?
I spend so much money with Clinique products and still didnt found one to mach with my skin needs.
To be clear,i hate this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by karoliena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so happy I finally bought this! It is the first product that doesn't make my skin oilier, as opposed to many moisturizers and sunscreen designed for oilier skin. I use it every morning after I've applied my serum and find that the combination of those two provides enough moisture for my oily combination skin. Also, it doesn't irritate my skin and is alcohol and fragrance free. Unlike other reviewers I don't notice any pilling. I also like the thick texture and find that it spreads easily.
I have to say I've only used this for two weeks so I'll update if I change my mind. But for now, I think this is a great product that is probably going to be a staple in my skincare routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It took me a while to get the hang of this - at first I suffered the pilling other reviews have described, but my fingers seem to have learnt to apply the right amount of pressure, and now I'm having no problems. I bought it to wear under my usual foundation, but I find it gives enough cover that a dusting of translucent powder over it is plenty for an ordinary day. I don't find that it makes me oily or breaks me out (and believe me, most products do). It definitely wouldn't be suitable for the beach etc, but then it is designed to screen your skin while you go about your day-to-day business. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by fashionmerchandisingmajor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I have decided to take a minimalist approach to my make-up routine these days. This has become a staple to my routine. I put this on and some powder over it and it keeps me matte all day long which is a BIG deal for me because I have very oily skin. It even keeps me matte in the hot, humid climate of the south. It's also pretty cool that it has an spf in it too, but it's oil free which is a mega PLUS! The only thing I wish was different is the packaging, it really needs to be in a pump bottle and not a squeeze tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by cheekygirlgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product even in hot and humid weather in Hong Kong. It is great as a primer before you apply powder.

EDIT: Actually it comes up runny after a while. I am not sure if I will buy this again....