Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

3.9

INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, ozokerite, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, phenyl trimethicone, candelilla cera ((euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax) cire de candelilla), tocopherol, sorbic acid, BHT, methylparaben, propylparaben, (mica), (iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)), (titanium dioxide (CI 77891)), (black 2 (CI 77266)), (ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510)), (carmine (CI 77470)), (ultramarines (CI 77007)).

on 10/8/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't remember how much I spent on this eyeliner. Probably about $10. I bought it in Blackest Black.

It goes on true black. It dries quickly and does not smudge. Very easy to apply. I found it did get a little flakey after long use but not too bad.

I use it over top of other eyeliners for more lasting power.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow! I don't get why there are so many bad reviews on here... I love this liner. I have it in black right now and I remember getting navy a long time ago. Yes it is less creamy than UD's or MUFE'S liners... but I like that it doesn't smudge too bad when i put it on my bottom lashline... with UD'S and MUFE's it was pretty bad... this one looked a little more intentionally smudged after a long day, lol...

*I have oily lids*

on 9/25/2010 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this in many colors but black is my fave. It smudges a bit on my oily upper lids, but only a little, which is amazing because my eyes water like crazy all the time! It lasts forever on my waterline and is my HG pencil eyeliner! I love every color I have except the charcoal/gray one. That one isn't as creamy and powerful. c:

on 8/21/2010 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The Revlon Colorstay liners are very nice. They last considerably longer on my waterline than most other liners. The color selection is excellent and the texture is nice... creamy but still quite controllable. The only thing I dislike is that you can't sharpen them to a finer point (they are self-sharpening). The color longevity without smudging is worth it, though.

This is a great black- very pigmented, long lasting, and matte. The perfect black pencil liner, IMO.

on 8/18/2010 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I started by wearing this on my lid and I wasn't happy with it, so I switched it up and started wearing it on my waterline. It works MUCH better there. Staying power is great and the colour is nice and dark. I'll probably be getting this in a couple more colours soon.

on 8/17/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my everyday eyeliner for my waterline. It goes on smoothe and passing it along the waterline just one time gets enough product on. I does tend to smear toward the end of the day but i cant totally blame it on the product because i know my eyen area gets oily. I would buy this over Mac Tecknakohl in Graph Black any day!

on 8/9/2010 1:57:00 PM

I have used I know at least 10 of these! I LOVE these eyeliners!
I used to use these every single day and they were fine, but now I use gel eyeliners.
The only con I have with these is that they run out uber fast. I would go through these in a month and it is around 8 dollars in Canada. I like to find these with the eyeshadow quads that they sometimes come with or the ones with bonus ones.
I love these eyeliners and would defs purchase over and over again. I am currently going through one (I keep it in my makeup bag for touchups)
and have a backup just in case.
I don't sharpen the ones I have because I don't want to use it up quickly... which is another con and sometimes the sharpener falls out in my makeup bag....but overall the product is fantastic!

on 8/9/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you do not want to shell out for Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (the gold standard), this drugstore option comes pretty close to it. The color is bolder than most eyeliners, but note that it will smudge a little. Although, I found it to stay on all day/night after several coats are applied. This product is convenient to use- no need to ever sharpen and does not require a brush. I throw this in my purse and apply while I wait for my car to warm up in the mornings- it takes 10 seconds to do my eyes. I spend approximately $4-5 when it goes on sale- great buy.

on 7/22/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I purchased this product in the early 2000s and I loved it! I even told my family about it. Then I switched to liquid eyeliner, but decided to come back to colorstay. I am soooo disappointed. The formula must have changed, because this is NOT the colorstay I used to wear. It is creamy, but a tad a too creamy. It's so creamy, that it breaks when you apply it. I had huge hunks of product on my eyeball from trying to tightline. Plus, it had the audacity to smear on my lid. I just purchased this eyeliner last Saturday, and I have more of it on my napkins (from breaking off), than on my eyes. Did I mention it's NOT for people with sensitive eyes. My eyes continually watered with this stuff. Please, do NOT waste your money. Its not worth it.

on 7/17/2010 12:36:00 AM

Honestly, I am fairly disappointed by this eyeliner, partly because of the great reviews on MUA and partly because this eyeliner did not live up to the advertisement (but that's not a surprise right?). The black is a true black and the swivel design of the liner is great, but this eyeliner always smudges on me. I can only wear it when I do the smokey eye so that you cannot see it if it smudges. But most eye makeup tends to smudge on me, so I guess it isn't much of a surprise.