Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Active Ingredients: 5.0% Octinoxate, 3.2% Titanium Dioxide. Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Dimethicone/Divinyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ribose, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/5/2011 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Fairly neutral shades, which is a plus. But it oxidizes like crazy on me and turns my face into the shade of a tomato. Very disappointing because I liked the coverage, the SPF and the fact that it was cruelty free.

on 8/5/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The coverage is nice, as was the natural tone. However, the product lifts on oily skin and begins to separate...even with primer and powder. It is not long-wearing for those with truly oily skin. Also, as the product gets to the half-way finish line, the product separates as it pumps out of the container; I had used some toilet paper to absorb the excess oil before I applied the product to my face.

on 8/4/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Smashbox has definetly reformulated this foundation. It has a lot more coverage and looks so natural. This foundation looks incredible on the skin, but the wear for my very oily skin could be better. I would definetly recommend this to normal to dry skinned girls.

on 8/4/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think Smashbox re-formulated this foundation - the one I bought couple of years ago was very oily-feeling and offered no coverage at all. They also introduced more colours in the lighter range.

I just recently tried this out since F0 (the fairest shade) is such a perfect colour match for me - it's very light with nice neutral/beige undertone (not PINK, not YELLOW, not WHITE).

The coverage is much imroved - this one was not really dewy, more like a natural finish when it dried, and the coverage is medium. I honestly would like it to be a bit more dewy.

But love the colour so I'll keep using it !

on 7/12/2011 2:21:00 PM

I have very VERY fair, dry, and sensitive skin. This product did nothing for me. I got the lightest color and it's STILL too dark and orangey. The only good thing about it is the dewy finish, but it does not have enough coverage for my acne scars. It's more like a tinted moisturizer. I will go back to using Rimmel's 25 hour foundation, which is about 6 bucks and works a whole lot better than this overpriced foundation.

on 6/30/2011 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really like this foundation for its good coverage and skin tone adapting quality. I only ever wear this foundation on nights out when I would like a little bit more coverage than daytime. However I occasionally mix it with a lighter foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) to 'water' it down a little, so to speak.
I love the pump in this foundation as it rises as you use it, making it fresh foundation from the first to the very last drop. Also works wonders with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.
I'm really brand loyal to Smashbox with 80% of my make-up bag their products, which makes me inclined to rate this with a 5, but I wouldn't consider it a 5 based against my 5 rated Chanel foundation. A 4 yes.
It's still brilliant though! £28 I think I bought it for. I recommend this foundation for someone after a bit more coverage for day or night.

on 6/22/2011 9:30:00 AM

I have only been using this product for a week or so, and so far I am quite liking it. I have oily combo skin, and do get the odd breakout, I have to say that I haven't had a breakout while using this product, but it is early days. I have noticed slight, small blocked pores on my cheeks, but I have been trying out a new primer recently, and I think that it may be due to that rather than the foundation.

With regards to colour, I did get a shade or two darker than my skin tone, as I often use moisturing tan on my body, and had also recently died my hair a few shades darker, so felt I needed something to warm up my skin tone, I'm really enjoying the colour, it lets me go a few shades darker without looking orange or cakey and I find that a little goes a long way and blends well.

**UPDATE** I felt I should add an update as I had to take a couple of lippies off this foundation. When I first reviewed it was early days, I have since stopped using this product. I do still like the colour, but the texture just wasn't providing me with the right coverage for my oilier skin, I also felt that it wasn't helping my breakouts either. I would say this is more for normal/dry skin. I also noticed, after not using it for a while, that the product was 'seperating' in the bottle, this probably happens with most foundations but it made it appear very greasy as the liquid separated. Wouldn't purchase again but would like to point out it is mainly due to the product being incompatable with my skin type, do not want to put others off ,as I said it may work better for drier/mature skin types.

I usually use blotting papers during the day to control my oil areas, but since using this foundation and my primer, I have found that I need to do this a lot less and my make up lasts and looks good all day.

To sum it up, one of my favourites so far, I am going to persevere and see if my little blocked pores clear up, I am prone to these anyway, and need to exfoliate regularly! It is a bit on the expensive side, but so far I'd say it's been worth it, a great day to night foundation as you can build up the colour to get a heavier coverage. Although I do agree with previous reviews that it doesn't give the heaviest of coverages, but personally I can't get away with a heavy foundation, so I suppose that it is down to personal preference.

I'm absolutely in LOVE with this product! I have oily/combo skin that is very breakout prone. This foundation stays on all day and my face looks smooth. (like a porcelrrin

on 6/13/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The sephora recommended this foundation for me b/c i wanted medium coverage. BUT this doesn't offer medium coverage at all. This is more of a light coverage foundation and just has a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. i wasn't impressed at the quality as it is only $2 less than the makeupforever hd one. It says oil-free, but it does feel oily on my skin maybe b/c of the spf 15. i don't mind that as my cheeks are dry. i usually apply this with my fingers rather than a brush b/c it offers more coverage. i usually dap this on spots where i need coverage. Wouldn't recommend for people with oily skin. Also, this contains 1 fluid ounce of product and has a pump which i like. Btw, i have been using this for 6 months now daily and only a quarter of the product is gone. As for blemish coverage, it doesn't really help , but it does make it look less red.

on 6/7/2011 5:09:00 PM

Feels gummy and thick, hard to explain but my face feels coated almost like in a waxy way. Didn't spread evenly and the color fair is very yellow to me. Will not buy again