September 18, 2014 | 949 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mijal10

It's extremely gentle, and it works really well as a make up remover too. It feels really good on my skin and doesn't irritate it at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by nuggetdevourer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin isn't easily irritated so I don't have any useful information for sensitive girls. As a cleanser, I personally didn't find it irritating but it didn't seem very beneficial either. I suppose this is a very basic cleanser that's meant to be suitable for even sensitive skin types and it struck me as a slightly better Cetaphil lol. What it has over Cetaphil is its makeup removal ability and now I simply use this as a makeup remover and use a better cleanser to actually treat my skin afterwards. This removes foundation and base make up with ease but it struggles to remove eye makeup unless I rub and tug, which is not good so even with this I still need to use a separate eye makeup remover prior because I don't want premature aging and sagging that the force needed to remove eye makeup with this would induce. I do wear quite heavy duty make up though, including primer and waterproof mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Cleans really well, even with makeup on after a long, sweaty day! But, I used it each evening for about a week, and my dry/combo skin started to get really irritated, with dry patches and red rashy areas. It's too harsh for my skin, and as well as it cleans, there are a few other cleansers I've passed over that cleaned as well but were not so harsh. I won't repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

Good for those days when you really pile it on. I would definitely use your best moisturizer afterwards. Can be a bit drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have sensitive, acne-prone, dry/combination skin. While using this hasn't really decreased the number of breakouts I have, it does a much better job clearing my skin of makeup and dirt than my previous cleanser. I have also noticed a significant decrease in cystic acne (you know, those deep, horribly painful round bumpy ones?) since I've started using it. Did it eliminate my acne? No. But it did a much better job than anything else I've tried, including prescription treatments (which were ultimately too harsh for my skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have undiagnosed Roscea. Looking at my skin the wrong way causes it to get red/inflamed/irritated. The ever popular OCM cleansing method actually triggered my Roscea--and I tried a lot of oils. So I've been looking for a cleanser/moisturizer that worked for awhile.

I don't wear makeup, so I can't comment on makeup removal, but this stuff was the first I ran into since quitting smoking (which made my Roscea worse mind you) that didn't irritate the heck out of my skin.

My skin didn't feel dry either, contrary to foaming cleansers usually being a bit more on the drying side. I don't think this is my holy grail cleanser, but I'm very thankful to have found something that didn't set me on fire and will probably continue to keep this around.

I did find it just a hair annoying that you have to rub it in your hands to get it to "foam", which it doesn't do very well anyway. But i'm not knocking a lippie off because of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by banana77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible. My face feels like it's been stripped of absolutely everything and it feels too squeaky clean; I started getting little red pimples, when my face is usually very soft and smooth. Will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

This cleanser is awful! I'm not much of a Neutrogena fan but was trying to give the brand a new chance by trying their latest product, and what a huge mistake. this crap made my face tight tight tight!!! then i started seeing red splotches on my skin that I don't get when i use other brands. If this is suppose to work for all skin types and made by doctors they sure have missed the bar once again. I can only use this stuff as make-up brush cleaner so that my money spent won't got to totally waste, smarter option than just throwing it out in the rubbish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As I don't wear much makeup, I generally use this as a facial cleanser. It does make my face feel very soft and clean, very refreshing after a long day. BUT it does make my skin a lot drier, which is one thing I do not need as I have yet to find a moisturizer that works within my budget and for my skin.
But I digress, the times I do wear makeup and use this to remove it, it works really well. It gets all the makeup from my face, and though it claims to get eye makeup as well, I just use it very quickly to remove some, then go over my eyes again with an actual eye makeup remover as it does irritate my eyes a bit.
I'm very prone to acne, ESPECIALLY if I'm stressed out, but this doesn't give me any, I really don't understand why everyone says it does. But, like everyone else is saying, it does dry out my skin a lot, so a very heavy moisturizer should follow it.
I like that it is a pump, I just use like 2/3 of a pump, and it easily cleans my whole face. And I think the price is excellent for the product I got. Unless someone can give me a makeup remover/cleanser that is good for sensitive, actually hydrates my face, that is about the same price and doesn't break me out, then I shall continue buying and using this one. It is the closest to what my face needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Usually I use the Neutrogena makeup removing wipes as well as the eye makeup remover to take off my makeup. While the products work well for me to remove my makeup I got tired of using two different products to remove my makeup- I wanted something that I could use in one step. That's when I decided to try this product. My skin isn't sensitive to begin with and this doesn't break me out. It removed all of my makeup well- even my eye makeup and long wearing foundation.The only thing I didn't like was the chemical smell it has. Other than that I love this product and will continue to use it.