September 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Another winner from MAC. I use this very soft brush for applying a light wash of colour from my lid to my brow bone. I also use it for a soft crease effect - works like a charm. Love it <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so lucky I got this 227 brush at a CCO!,I wanted to add to the great reviews I saw today.This brush is so versatile and it is very soft and gentle.I will always reach for it as part of my makeup looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I went on vacation last summer, I realized I had not packed my MAC 222 brush or my 217 brush.. grrrr.

I was told MAC products were sold in a nearby mall and I quickly went to look there before I went out to dinner the first night. They did not carry the 217 or the 222 brush.. another grrr. So, I looked at their brush selection and chose the 227.. Voila!

I used this from that moment on and love it so much it seems like an extension of my fingers -- if my fingers were velvety, packed firmly and dense. This brush works well sideways to apply to contours. It works flat to pack on color. It works like a huge fat fan to blend. I have even used it to contour with my Sculpting powders.

It is truly a very functional brush and a delight to use. It is not expensive for the many and varied functions it has.

I now own two which I will alternate when I wash one. I am a germophobe so I am constantly washing my brushes and I always have a spare for drying time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush.
The bristels are very soft and dense making it perfect for highlighting the brow bone and apply color to the entire lid. The cut of this brush allows it to fit perfectly into the arches of my eyebrows and to pick up the perfect amount of product. I've only had this brush for about 4 months now -but- it is still just as soft as it was the day I received it and it still has its shape. This is truly a 5 star brush that is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very high quality brush and I use it every single day. You can use it to apply highlighter on your cheekbones and brow bones or to apply a wash of color all over your lid. It's fairly large so it's easy to apply a lot color at once. I mostly use it for apply a highlight and blending the color down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

As the 51st reviewer (my 201 review), I give this brush a 5! Why? Because it's soft, firm, dense and everything you want a good hi-lighter brush to be.

I own a similar brush that is the Essence of Beauty (EoB) Smokey-Wide brush where one side is a crease brush and the other a wide brush like the 227. I like this one a lot too but it's not as soft nor as big as the 227. It's still a nice brush and it's about three times cheaper. So, I'll most likely use that one for travel or BU hi-lighter brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this brush. Its great for putting a highlight color on your brow bone, and blending out harsh lines. Defintly a must have brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush because of the exceptional reviews it got on MUA and Youtube. At first I was a bit skeptical because of the size in relation to size of my small lids.. but once I got to experimenting with the brush, loved it! Its great for highlighting, blending my contour and highlight colors, this is definately an all over shader. The bristles are very dense and soft, It also worked well for me as a highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I abs. Love this brush!! This has densely packed bristle for picking up the right amount of product and precise application!! I use this as my highlight brush. I usually put on my highlight last and when I do, this brush will do my blending for me. I really don't use the 224 for blending that much, because the 227 does a great job of it. I will be applying my highlight, but AT THE SAME TIME, this brush does the blending as well!! highly recommend for anyone who is building their mac brush collection! definitely a must have tho for everyone!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been searching for a fluffy brush to color my whole eyelid with a wash of dark brown (as for shadow). I have asian eyes (not hollowed), which lacks depth. I find that using a dark chocolate tone looks more natural rather than piling up beige/taupe shadow. In order to have a wash effect, I used to use a small blush brush that came free with an old compact. I went to the MAC counter & the SA suggested this. Although the size/fluffiness is okay, I feel that it's too dense (hair packed too tight) to have a washed effect. I need to practice a light hand in applying this. I haven't used it as a highlighter yet, as others here suggested. I need to wash out the dark brown first before trying it as a hightlighter for the cheekbones/temples.