Joico Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

4.2

-Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silicone Quaternium-16, Amodimethicone, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Undeceth-11, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Polyamide-2, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 6/30/2009 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have thin,oily but damaged hair,so i feel this is making my hair feel dry,havent used it so much to see any result.

on 4/22/2009 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Made my hair grey and my hands purple. Not so drying out for my hair though. My hair was still quite brassy. I'll finish the bottle and won't buy it again. Phytargen by Phyto is much more moisturising.

on 12/13/2008 9:39:00 PM

Like many of the other reviewers, I have tried many purple/toning shampoos--I've been highlighting my hair for more years than I can remember, but I prefer the platinum look, so I like to tone my hair every time I wash it. Shimmer Lights is fine, but I dislike the scent. I tried Claypac's violet shampoo, but I didn't like it enough to discontinue my search for a better product. Paul Mitchell's doesn't have enough pigment to it. ArtTec's violet shampoo was my mainstay for a couple of years, but I found this several months ago, and am now starting my second bottle. The scent is very pleasant, and the toning power/pigment is great (some violet shampoos are translucent, and those don't deliver enough pigment for me--this shampoo is a bright violet, opaque formula). I don't use this as my ordinary shampoo--instead, I wash my hair with a different shampoo, and then put my conditioner on the ends, and then use a small amount of this on my roots--weird technique, I know, but I find that this method tones well, and it doesn't leave my ends purple. Anyway, I would highly recommend this product, and will be purchasing it again.

on 5/16/2008 8:10:00 PM

When my hair use to be SUPER WHITE BLONDE this was the only BLONDE shampoo that actually made any yellow or brassy tones in my hair COMPLETLEY gone!

It's not super expensive but not Dollar cheap. It runs about $10-$14 a bottle but you are not suppose to use it everyday. I use to use it once a week and it last forever! It's worth the money!

Purple/blue shampoos are designed to tone down the harsh yellows and gold tones in blonde hair.

on 2/28/2008 4:13:00 PM

All blondes should own this! It does a super job of neutralizing the yellow tones in my hair and you only need a small amount as it's very concentrated. A lot better than L'oreal Professionnel and much less drying. A little expensive though, I payed $30 for a bottle.

on 11/19/2007 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Worked okay. Wasn't too drying, but also didn't counteract the brass from bad hair color well enough even if I left it in for twenty minutes every other day. Also doesn't really clean the hair so you need to use another shampoo as well. My hair had a bit of an orange tint that I tried to counter, maybe it's better if it's more of a lighter yellow tint.

This product is probably the best violet shampoo I have ever used, and it actually smells comparatively pleasant to boot. Not only do you begin to see results after the first application, but it is much less drying than Shimmerlights and hardly any more expensive.

on 9/30/2007 2:55:00 PM

Oh my gosh this smells amazing..i like this so much better than Matrix So Silver. You only need a small amount for long hair and it does a great job of toning out brassiness.

on 6/25/2007 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Fantastic product....I was using Clairol Shimmerlights, which works well, but I *hate* the smell. Joico is just as good if not better so I'm willing to spend more for a more pleasant scent.

on 4/9/2007 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm platinum blonde and I tone with this once a week. Violet shampoo is cool because it really is this thick, rich, opaque bright violet color, like a dye -- and you squeeze it out and think "Oh no! Won't this just tint my hair purple?" But nope, all it does is cancel out the golden tones so that my hair is really awesomely white. This does the job and it's a good price -- I think I paid $12 for a nice big ol' bottle.