April 19, 2014 | 1298 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

Next to my Prep+Prime Transluscent Powder, this is the most amazing powder I have ever used. They are both equally amazing in their own rights.

The texture of this powder is incredibly dry and finely milled (almost like a stick of chalk) yet it provides an incredibly natural, dewy and glowing look!

This is possibly the most multi-use product I've ever used. It works as a finishing powder, a light-coverage foundation, an eye brightening eyeshadow, a bronzer (I own two- one in #LIGHT and one in #MEDIUM for bronzing and contouring), a contour, and a light dusting adds a nice glow to the decollatage area. Oil control is good- it mattifies, but never LOOKS matte. There's always a glow. Wear time is pretty good- I find myself having to reapply twice daily on oily skin.

Overall, I adore this and won't ever switch powders again. It gives me the most beautiful finish (ESPECIALLY IN PHOTOS!), it's one of the only powders that doesn't irritate my skin, and I'm happy with lasting powder and ease of application. Everyone should give this powder a shot, it is the holy grail of powders. This is coming from a super picky powder whore! I will buy this again and again. My search for the perfect powder is over.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mineral pressed powder. It's quite a light but buildable coverage and has a great satin finish. this powder was recommened on mu board and i'm glad i gave it a try. i wanted a powder that would not be so matte. i wanted something to set liquid foundations with that wasn't as matte as prep and prime loose powder and it works great for that. also i love it for spot concealing as well. doesn't look cakey or as obvious as liquid or cream concealer. this wears pretty much all day as i have drier skin. though i wish there was a mirror in this compact i do like the design of the product anyway. overall i would highly recommend this powder for light coverage with a sheen.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lalalailoveyouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new go-to powder. I adore the finish it gives me! Great setting powder over NARS Sheer glow foundation. This combination makes my skin look flawless! It may be breaking me out though, I've noticed a few pimples and I'm not sure if it's the new moisturizer I'm using or this powder, since both of them were purchased at the same time. Hm... I'll test out which one is breaking me out and update this review!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is definitely more of a setting powder than an independent foundation powder, it isn't very pigmented. I like really light coverage but I'm gonna have to find a nice primer or moisturizer to put on first because this doesn't cover anything on it's own. Overall though, I do like it for very sheer under-eye concealer and for reducing the shine on my nose/forehead and it feels nice, it doesn't feel really thick and gross and like my pores are being clogged. It doesn't smell uber talc-ee either which I hate. so I would buy it again, if I find a really good base to put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite powder ever. I've used MACs select sheer pressed and Laura Mercier translucent powder before, but this is my favourite out of all three. What I like best is that it sets my makeup while adding an extra bit of coverage (unlike the other two) and mattifies any shininess throughout the day or night. The shade 'light' is perfect for my NW5-10 skin tone. My only gripe with this is that I wish it came with a mirror. Apart from that? Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for setting my foundation/bb creams and has a natural/ very slightly dewy finish on me. I like this powder and have used it for years, but I always get a few breakoutsfrom it. its just a few bumps here and there so it hasnt stopped me from using it because it looks so good

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by jordanXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing!
Mac MSFN is a sheer, natural looking powder. I really like it for a stand alone powder over concealer or as a setting powder. I have pretty good skin, and i don't get oily. I like a more natural look-this gives me exactly that.
Will repurchase.
For reference I'm NW15-20.
Hope this was helpful!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I love this product - as a concealer! It works wonders under my eyes and as a flat scar concealer, with a smooth, easily-blended, natural look. No more cakey bits as with liquid concealers. You know the kind - when you catch a glimpse of yourself in the right (or wrong!) light, the concealer spots can sometimes appear glaringly obvious and caked-on? Even looked good under the lamp at the dentist!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lolaborro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a make up artist and have been using this for a long time (not for my customers, but for myself!!)

I absolutely love the finish of this compact powder, it gives a very nice coverage and looks really natural.

Much recommended if you don't need a lot of coverage, ideal used concealer and camouflage in the problem areas for a lovely and natural finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Kizzy69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So on reading other reviews, I'm guessing I got a dud but I still have to review what I got!

I had to SCRAPE my nails through this to break it up so I could get powder off it. It was so baked it went shiny, you know, where you can't get any colour payoff? And I have good, Shu Uemura brushes. AND I bought a medium dark at the same time for contouring which is fine - a lovely light, fine powder. Wierd, huh?

I think this will probably go in the bin. Gutted!