April 24, 2014 | 1329 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by hollaatme189

Smells lovely.
    Has a very nice feel, very natural looking.
    However it has very minimal coverage, my skin is very clear at the moment compared to usual so it works fine just use a bit of concelor under the eyes and all good.
    I got it 50% off at priceline so price was good.
    Here in Australia makeup is over priced so what can you do.
    Got the darkest shade which is a slight it darker but my dark skin means its not very evident.
    I wanted the other foundation in thier range originally but the shades were making me look greysih .
    I am Indian and find it hard to find foundation usually but this fits pretty well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by oosez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a half year now. I use mineral makeup on a daily basis but this is my go-to for events and parties because it gives me this dewy, just-woke-up-from-a-fantastic-nap look. It is light to medium coverage on me - I don't consider it light coverage at all! I found a little went a long way. It's about the same as Revlon's Colorstay Softflex in Light coverage, but it didn't cake or separate in the same way as Revlon's foundation does on me. With my acne scars and discolouration I use a tiny bit of concealer and this works a dream. I apply with my fingers and it looks airbrushed! With a stippling/foundation brush it's far too heavy (and somehow appears a bit greasy?), but a sponge soaked in water or with a spritz of mixing medium does quite well.

I don't set this with powder, but with a light bronzer instead. It also has a slight fragrance but it fades really quickly. I have to blot once or twice while this is on. You need to keep in mind that this isn't marketed as oil controlling or heavy coverage, but light and dewy! Staying power is average depending on your skin type and the humidity, I found :)

EDIT 23 Nov 2013
    I still own this foundation, but I have to add that it does makes me greasy :( And I do have to mix 73/74 to match my skin, there is a limited range of colours. The fragrance is noticeable. Applying with a beauty blender sponge did give it a really lovely finish. I am using a better foundation/powder combo now that provides the same coverage without getting greasy, oxidising or caking, has no scent, and more closely fits my tone (LUSH colour supplement in Dark Yellow mixed with Natio's Glow balm in a 2:1 ratio applied with fingers/sponge, and then Physician's Formula's Mineral Pressed Powder in Sand Beige using a kabuki brush). I have changed this from five stars to four.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lailamox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very light coverage foundation. I found it nice to use if I do not need a lot of coverage. The foundation is very liquidy.
    It did not have a good staying power.
    However it did give a dewey effect or '10 hour sleep effect'.
    The packaging is simple to use and quite large-ish.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't used drugstore foundations for 10+ years but thought that maybe the formulas had improved a lot and wanted to give one a go - mostly because I was sick of paying a lot of money for foundation. I looked all over the store for something that would match my skin colour (NC15) and this foundation was the only one that was a perfect match.
    It was still very expensive for a drugstore foundation (AUD$32) but still, I thought I'd give it a go.
    However, all it has done is reminded me why I *don't* buy low-end makeup, especially foundation.
    The coverage was extremely minimal, even after I layered it 4 times. It looked like I had no foundation on and it did nothing to minimise some slight redness (old acne spots) or even out my skintone.
    Whatever I did have on didn't last more than a few hours either. I did like the smell though, it was refreshing, and the texture of the foundation was nice and it's great that it has a pump applicator (though it's quite flimsy and cheap type of plastic).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by loz700

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this foundation. I think it's such good quality and what you get lasts for ages. It isn't very high coverage but I love this in the summer when my skin's a bit better and I just want a nice glow. It doesn't last as long as some other foundations do on your face but that doesn't bother me as I still love this product and would buy it again and again. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Sweety85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this foundation. Its breezy, light and it has a great coverage for a a light foundation. It just doesnt look caked up on my face. I always got complimented on it, and most of the times people would just say that my skin looks really healthy and young. I am only 25 but when i wear this foundation people dont think i look a day older than 20. I have olive, tanned skin and this foundation gets ridd off that yellowish glow and it makes my skin look lighter. I also get pimples if i use realy heavy foundations, but with this one my skin actually clears up, and it doesnt clogg up my pores, and u don't even feel like you are wearing any foundation. Amazing for everyday, and i would definatelly recommend it and buy it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Cs22

I love this foundation, for the first time ever i have actually finished a foundation and am definatley considering repurchasing. the fluid consistenccy of the foundation makes it very easy to apply and easily blendable, it does not have that thick sticky feel that many foundations seem to have (definatly not what you want during the summer). The coverage is good, maybe more on the sheer to medium side but it a is easily buildable due to the light texture so you can get a heavier coverage if you wish to without feeling, or looking like you're wearing a mask. The finish is more dewy than matte but it works on my combination skin, i just brush powder down my t-zone afterwards and i am left with a lovely sheen in my cheeks.
    The formulation itself did not irritate my skin which can be sensitive (i usually use clinique products to be on the safe side) and did not break me out much to my happiness as my skin can be very tempermental. The price was average for a high street brand. one of the only downsides to this product is that it does not have an spf but in general bourjois seem to avoid putting spf in their foundations. just be wary and remeber to apply a sunscreen underneath or a moisteriser with spf ...even if its not sunny! overall i think i will repurchase this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by daisy128

really good, silky but not really concealling

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG. I'm on my second bottle of this. This is my favourite every day foundation. I use a little dot for my whole face, and i apply using my fingers. The texture is light, and smooth. It applies and blends really easily and lasts all day. The coverage is light, so I use concealer and jane iredale pressed base on top. For days when my skin isn't behaving, I add a little bit of the Healthy Mix foundation for better coverage. DOES NOT CLOG PORES or oxidize, price is fantastic, and a bottle lasts about 5-6 months. I'm really happy I found this!

UPDATE: Still HG! I used to mix this with the healthy mix foundation, but decided to go back to just using this and this product is absolutely amazing! It makes the skin look luminous, and beautiful! I love how smoothly and easily it applies (I just use my fingers). It evens out my skin tone, but doesn't look like I'm wearing a mask. A large dot is all it takes to cover my face. Feels like nothing on my skin :) LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ShinyShell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A very lovely foundation, and the coverage is great. I bought it since it first came out. The formula smell quite nice. It feels quite light, but is able to cover the spots and scars. It does last. I have oily skin but add a loose powder make the foundation go a long way.
    I do found it does give me break-ups, so be careful if you do have a sensitive skin. Maybe using a good primer under the foundation to prevent the break-up. It is defintely on the higher price ends of all the drug store foundations. However, it does last for a long time!