Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 5/27/2013 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My lips can get quite dry in the winter or summer (I also have a habit of biting my lips sometimes) so I usually have a lot of lip balms.

This is one of the best in terms of moisturizing my lips and treating them when I get chapped lips. It feels really smooth and I really love it!

The only reason why I didn't give it 5/5 is that the scent is quite strong and I tend to get bored with strong smells. The scent reminds me of something but I can't quite place it. (maybe a hint of Chinese tea... yeah I'm not sure)

I haven't tried any of the other Burt's Bees lip balms but definitely need to give them a go! :)

on 5/15/2013 4:05:00 AM

I bought it out on whim, since I like the original Burt's Bees lip balm. I don't really care for the smell or taste, but it does it's job moisturizing my lips. It was a "nice try" but probably won't buy it again.

on 5/9/2013 12:33:00 PM

is there something among the I ingredients of this item that made my lips go drier and drier?

A bit more slippery than the original and a nice scent, but I prefer the original formula and scent.

on 4/23/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I only bought this product because it was highly recommended, and I wanted a lip balm that would pigment my lips while keeping it moisturized and so on. Except this product had a terrible smell it was such a headache to use - and I don't care about smelly lip balms or glosses for that matter. Every time I used this lip balm I would get the worst headaches just because of the terrible smell that was so strong.

I ended up throwing it out.
Worst lip balm I've ever spent money on.

on 4/7/2013 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It does a decent job moisturizing, and seems to smooth out rough chapped lips. In fact, I'd say its a pretty good balm- one of the few that doesn't make the skin on my lips peel. I know some people like the scent, but it took me a while to get used to it. Not a big fan.

It also is fairly expensive, compared to most drugstore brands. Not too bad though, its cheaper than yes to balms at my local target, and way cheaper than the freshsugar lip treatments. Apparently the price is because its all-natural and so on. Fine. But the red tint is made from crushed insect shells, which squicks me out a bit. Also, it doesn't show well on my fairly pigmented lips.

The packaging is fine to me. Its pretty sturdy, and I've managed to avoid the "product stuck on cap" issue. Not the prettiest, but functional.

on 4/6/2013 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted very much too like this product... :-( but it seems like i'd always breakout around lips and chin with this lipbalm on. And its the painful kind of cyst 8( i bought this product due the the high raves, maybe it just doesnt work for me. 2 lippies for the nice smell though. :-)

When I use this I do get a little red tint on my lips :) and I love the smell also. Great lip balm that actually keeps the chapped lips away. Will repurchase probably

Although it being red, it didn't tint my lips at all. Not that I was looking for that, but just a heads up. In terms of moisturising my lips, it did so adequately. I expected a bit more. It's not sticky or has a super thick consistency, so that was alright I suppose. Not a fan of the Burt's Bees hype, but it might work for you.

on 4/2/2013 11:10:00 PM

I was really excited to try this out. The packaging is okay, and I like how it is 100% natural. When I apply it, it goes on smooth and leaves a really slight red/pink tone to my lips. I like that because it makes your face look alive. However, the scent isn't that great. I personally don't really mind that much, I neither dislike nor like it. But if I smell it too much, it's not that great. I do smell the fruit in it though. Overall, I would buy this again and I recommend you give it a try.

Popular Lip Treatments