Simple Conditioning Eye Make-Up Remover

2.6

on 8/10/2009 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

OK, so here is the thing - I have eyelash extensions, so I need an oil-free eyemakeup remover that is REALLY gentle, and works without rubbing, or scrubbing the lash area. Add to that that the REASON I have extensions is because I am allergic to every brand of mascara on the market (eyes sore by the third day), and you get to see why I like this stuff.

I dribble some on a blob of cotton wool (it is cheap enough that I can be generous), then I sweep it across the upper lid, inner and outer eye, then gently rub a couple of times under the eye to remove my eyeliner (which is either Mally's 24/7 or a normal eyeshadow powder applied with a damp liner brush), and the job is done.

Perfect. No irritation, no rubbing, no residue. All eyemakeup removed, eye feels fresh and clean, and those precious and glorious extensions are still beautifully intact.

This product was actually recommended to me by the lady who does my lashes. She said it HAD to be oil free (or the lashes would fall off), and it didn't need to be expensive, because unless you use waterproof mascara, you don't need anything else. And she was right. Since I have been wearing these lashes, the fine lines around my eyes have DEFINITELY improved, and I think the reason is that I am not rubbing my eyes every night to get mascara off.

on 7/28/2009 8:28:00 AM

It feels like I use water.
It does not remove waterproof mascara as it says in the label.
I personally do not recommend it.

on 7/24/2009 8:12:00 AM

I love this product. I have gone through other eye make up remover's in the past and they have either been harsh, leave a greasy residue or I have to basically rip my skin off.

With this remover, it is delicate, easy to use and great for sensitive skin. It does remove my eye make up in a couple of swipes.

on 7/14/2009 7:57:00 PM

This product is ok. I like that it is not greasy and it doesnt make my eyes sting, it removes most of my eyemakeup (I never wear water proof mascara only ever normal) but its does leave alot of resedue and leaves my eyes looking like I have eyeliner on when its the eye makeup all smudged up into the eyes. While I have baught this product several times and probably will again, its not very effective but I like that it makes my eyes feel fresh when most other eyemakeup removers burn my eyes.

on 6/18/2009 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This does the job for me well, I wear contact lenses, have sensitive eyes and want something that removes eye makeup without making my eyes smart, or causing any discomfort, and leaving my very dry skin cleansed and refreshed, this product does all of these perfectly at a low price, what more could I want.

I also wear lash extentions sometimes and this is perfect for that too, doesn't harm or dissolve the glue, and does remove my mascara easily, and I certainly often wear a ton of that. Great product, great price, highly recommended.

on 6/9/2009 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Doesn't work! Nothing more to say!

on 5/27/2009 5:19:00 AM

It didn't remove my mascara at all. I expected a better product from Simple:-(

on 5/27/2009 5:05:00 AM

The worst I've ever tryed..

on 5/18/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got this fairly cheap at Home and Bargains as I know that Boots and SuperDrug would sell it for quite a few pounds more.
I am used to Halo Makeup Wipes (from SuperDrug - travel section) but I have ran out and one day I saw this bottle of makeup remover. I decided to try it out because I believe it would be better for value than the makeup wipes.

It worked for me!

I don't use waterproof makeup so I can't comment on that part.. but it does really remove most of the makeup I use.
Although mascara is slightly harder, it's a great remover to use. Eyeshadow gets wiped off easily and sometimes I would use it as a brush cleanser for my eye brushes.

If you get it into your eyes, it does sting.. but I usually be very careful.
I tend to close my eyes very tightly and then wipe downwards.. this helps.

I had high hopes for this product but it just wasn't to be. After recently changing to w/p mascara and using my sample of Clinique's Take The Day Off makeup remover quite a bit I thought i'd try for something cheaper before i bought the full size.
I squeezed some of the product (looks like water) onto a cotton pad and started wiping the eye area. Some of my mascara was removed but i ended up with small clumpy mascara bits under my eyes etc. I ended up rubbing my eyes to get the mascara off (bottle reccommends to wipe gently).
Product didn't sting/burn/irritate eyes but it was not effective enough to continue use. Maybe it would work better with regular mascara??