September 16, 2014 | 1941 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by thedaydreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have teenage acne-prone skin and had been suffering with breakouts for about two months when I went into lush and brought this cleanser. I've always loved lush products and after reading reviews about fresh farmacy on mua I decided to buy it. To be honest I wasn't really expecting much because i've tried so many products targeted at problematic skin and none of them have worked. After using this just once I LOVED it. I'm not saying that it made a huge difference after just one use, but my spots definitely looked smaller and less red. I've been using it for about 5 months now and my skin has improved so much. I rarely ever get breakouts any more and when I do they're not as big or angry. The only thing that I don't like about it is the packaging because I think it would just be easier to use if it was in a squirty bottle rather than it being like a bar of soap but thats pretty much my only complaint. So basically, if you're suffering from acne, I would really recommend you trying this cause its AMAZING and it practically saved my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Venakurup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser, it's super gentle and doesn't dry out my skin at all, but it still helps to keep my teenaged skin generally acne free. Using this along with the vanishing cream and tea tree water is perfect for acne prone skin that's dehydrated from using harsh chemicals that are in other products targeted towards acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Ciatri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for around 5 months now and I think it had reduced the amount of pimples I now get. After using this, my face feels squeaky clean and nice and soft. Great product, plus it lasts absolutely ages for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Been using this for about a week, with my Clarisonic. It's a lovely cleanser! I've been a long time Purity Made Simple user. I have combo/dry skin with breakouts, so I wanted a cleanser that would treat BOTH issues, not just one. Plus I didn't want to keep spending an arm and a leg on cleanser...

I took off one lippie because it doesn't really remove makeup. And it stung my eyes when I attempted it. However, I will gladly use a makeup remover and plan to continue use of this. My skin feels PERFECTLY balanced after using this. Not tight or dry, or heavy either. And my skin is less red immediately afterwards. My breakouts have shrunk to nothing and for the FIRST time ever I don't have any dry patches!!!! My skin has gotten VERY clear in less than a week.

I can't beat the price either. I've been using a sample, which was a decent chunk that would probably last me close to a month! Who knows how long the actual bar will last, and at only about $10!!! Give it a shot! Lush is generous with their samples!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I would say that this is a lovely cleanser.. and the spot treatment works! I've ran out and never had the time to go back and buy it, so I will!! but! I don't recommend to use it when taking off makeup.. it's too subtle for that, this is a soft cleanser.. I'd use it to wash my face in the morning.. or during the day if you're not wearing makeup ofcourse.. I just like the fact that it's good for sensitive skin.. I should buy this again.. I just keep finding other face washes before I get to it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by TaffyCat

Not a good cleanser for me, but it is a decent spot treatment. I bought this with the hope that the ingredients wouldn't clash with my sensitive skin, but dry patches appeared on my face after two nightly uses.

However, it does calm down acne. A whitehead showed up the morning I got it, and after using it the spot was much less red and smaller. I definitely wouldn't use it as a cleanser again, but I might keep it on hand as an acne treatment.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by campasianspice

Would not buy nor recommend. I walked into the Lush store after reading about their products on MUA. I bought $2 worth of this facial soap as a trial. I've been using it for 6 consecutive evenings, and I really dislike the smell and feeling afterwards. I'm not buying it again because I don't see any benefits of using this product. My skin was looking really good, and now I think it's regressing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. A few years back in high school, I decided to give this a try to tame my stubborn spots. It's quite pricey, but it definitely did its job of calming down my skin, so I stuck with it for a while. However, it is extremely messy! For this reason, I'm trying to use up my last chunk of Fresh Farmacy in the shower and not at the sink. Also, you have to keep this product wet for a bit to turn it into a paste; otherwise it's hard, crumbly, and unusable. It's really drying, too, even for my oily skin! Since my acne is a little more under control now, I don't think I'll be needing this anymore, and again, it's expensive... Now I reach for a cheap bottle of calamine lotion instead!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as an alternative to coal face, which was too drying for my skin. Right now I'm using this as a night time face wash (herbalism in the morning). It is less drying than coal face but it is definitely still on the dry side. It doesn't seem to tame my blemishes quite as well as coal face, but I've noticed it calms my skin a lot. My face is less red and smoother. It helps a lot with the small, fine bumps I tend to get all around my face. I have very sensitive skin and this seems to be helping with that. So far the herbalism + fresh farm is a winning combination. Oh also, make sure you rinse this stuff off well--not just off your face but off your hands and anything else it touches because the lather will often leave a chalk white residue behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by hannah275

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

For now this is the best cleanser that I have found for my oily/sensitive skin. I use it as a morning cleanser, followed by tea tree water toner and vanishing cream moisturiser.
Pros: it makes into a lovely lather and leaves my skin feeling thoroughly clean, smells great, good for sensitive areas of skin
Cons: only controls oil for a few hours.
I will continue to use this cleanser as it has helped sensitive skin and control blemishes, would love to find a better oil control solution though.